Zootopia expansion coming to Shanghai

Wow...32 Acres. That's 2 Huge lands, or 3 decent sized ones. I saw from google earth the pad, but had no idea it was 32 Acres. Thanks for that map.

They could rework that entire area for 4-5 major lands/upgrades if they wanted to, and without losing much. There’s more expansion pads as well in other parts of the park. It has a lot of space.

Wow...32 Acres. That's 2 Huge lands, or 3 decent sized ones. I saw from google earth the pad, but had no idea it was 32 Acres. Thanks for that map.
Yeah part of that was originally intended for Tiger River Run the longer more involved version of Kali but money and logistics got in the way.

They could rework that entire area for 4-5 major lands/upgrades if they wanted to. There’s more expansion pads as well in other parts of the park. It has a lot of space.
Only piece of that I don’t see them touching as long as they are a zoo or unless they moved it is Rafikis because it is an animal hospital and they have a lot of backstage offices there.

Yes but that doesn’t mean they are memorable areas. To me a city doesn’t belong in Animal Kingdom.

Pride Rock from Lion King or the temple ruins from Jungle Book could very easily fit.

You can't have a Lion King Land right next to Africa that has a Lion King Show. I can understand a ride in Africa, but not it's own separate land. That just wouldn't make sense at all.

I don't really care what the insiders say Zootopia belongs in Animal Kingdom. Name me a current IP that is better suited for this park. And expansions don't count to the current lands. I'm talking a new IP that Scrooge Mcduck (Iger) can make money off of and swim around in.

Lion King, Jungle Book, Disney Nature, soon to be National Geographic.

I think rteetz got a lot of them ... I could also see Tarzan ... or expand Nemo and do a water based land

To me, it is more about the environment and the habitat and seeing the animals in their natural habitat (current, extinct, or fantasy - but where you would find them). So animals acting like people living in a city is not their natural habitat

You can't have a Lion King Land right next to Africa that has a Lion King Show. I can understand a ride in Africa, but not it's own separate land. That just wouldn't make sense at all.
Oh but a giant Zootopia city totally does ;)

Not saying it has to be a land either.

It's not really a question if it would make a cool land. I agree. I love Zootopia and agree it would make an awesome land but I fundamentally disagree with adding it to AK. I would really prefer that Pandora never came there. IPs don't belong in AK and EPCOT (the World Showcase especially) imo which I know with Iger in charge I am going to be continually disappointed haha

There are a few expansion slots at AK. I'd personally rather they added to the park first, and then reworked Dinoland. Not that I am a fan of Dinoland, but I am a fan of more...

I am cool with that too ... Just when the question comes up of what could replace Dinoland, I know since it isn't connected to the savanna and the animal care areas you are limited to what animals you can have there, so if they do completely replace Dinoland that is why I think South America would be a good fit there as could focus on smaller animals

But yeah, more is better

Well there a lot of land behind the Lion King show to expand for Lion King if they want to do that. They wouldn’t have to be separated at all.

I think rteetz got a lot of them ... I could also see Tarzan ... or expand Nemo and do a water based land

To me, it is more about the environment and the habitat and seeing the animals in their natural habitat (current, extinct, or fantasy - but where you would find them). So animals acting like people living in a city is not their natural habitat

Disney isn't making money off of Tarzan and Nemo already has his own sea life building in Epcot.

Oh but a giant Zootopia city totally does ;)

Not saying it has to be a land either.

Yes, it would. It would actually make a lot of money for Disney and bring a visually stunning area to the park. The giant rock from Lion King isn't bringing in anybody.

Well there a lot of land behind the Lion King show to expand for Lion King if they want to do that. They wouldn’t have to be separated at all.

I'm perfectly alright with a ride for Lion King. But putting a whole land is overkill for something that already exists in Animal. What's next a Haunted Mansion Land in Magic Kingdom next to Tomorrowland, while Haunted Mansion the ride stays in Liberty Square?

Disney isn't making money off of Tarzan and Nemo already has his own sea life building in Epcot.

Yes, it would. It would actually make a lot of money for Disney and bring a visually stunning area to the park. The giant rock from Lion King isn't bringing in anybody.
That hasn’t stopped Disney from having one IP in several parks before.

I disagree. While Zootopia was a hit it’s not a visually stunning movie in terms of backgrounds and buildings in my opinion. Lion King is one of the highest grossing animated movies of all time. It certainly would bring people in.

Zootopia was also bigger in China than it was here in terms of phenomenons. It makes sense to build this there.

I'm perfectly alright with a ride for Lion King. But putting a whole land is overkill for something that already exists in Animal. What's next a Haunted Mansion Land in Magic Kingdom next to Tomorrowland, while Haunted Mansion the ride stays in Liberty Square?
I don’t think anyone is asking for or saying that.

That’s a weird direction to take my comment but okay.

I don’t think anyone is asking for or saying that.

As long as we agree that it should NOT be a land I'm alright with the idea. They can go ahead and stick a dark ride in Africa right now. What I was asking about was LANDS though, not RIDES.

Most of the film takes place in a jungle. That sounds like a really boring landscape for a land. The King Louie ruins does sound pretty cool, but it couldn't really be the only structure in a possible land. It would be a great queue or structure along Kali though.

Zootopia has more standout structures that people remember from the film.
Okay first I am ALL for a Jungle book area. You have Water ride where you ride on Baloo(or boat shaped like Baloo) you have caves and play area with baby wolves - Mowgli growing up ... and a King Louie dark ride going through the ruins ducking falling rocks and laughing and singing with Baloo ....What a great land!!!!

I hate to say this though......I don't see how Jungle book fits into AK any more than Zootopia - as Jungle book wasn't really about conservation and such....

As long as we agree that it should NOT be a land I'm alright with the idea. They can go ahead and stick a dark ride in Africa right now. What I was asking about was LANDS though, not RIDES.
That’s not what I meant...

Lion King and/or Jungle Book can certainly be lands.

Okay first I am ALL for a Jungle book area. You have Water ride where you ride on Baloo(or boat shaped like Baloo) you have caves and play area with baby wolves - Mowgli growing up ... and a King Louie dark ride going through the ruins ducking falling rocks and laughing and singing with Baloo ....What a great land!!!!

I hate to say this though......I don't see how Jungle book fits into AK any more than Zootopia - as Jungle book wasn't really about conservation and such....
Festival of the Lion King isn’t really about conservation but it discusses and revolves around real animals and their behaviors. They could do the same with Jungle Book.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter