Zombie Threads on Disboards

bryanb

DIS Veteran
I'm not sure where to ask this question, so I apologize if this isn't the right part of the forum.

Is there anything that can be done about the zombie threads that appear at the bottom of each forum page? Unfortunately, at least half of them are always about tragic, morbid events (alligators, suicides at Disney, suicides at Universal) -- which I realize make for really great clickbait which is why the algorithm keeps displaying them.

Maybe i'm the only one seeing them because I got suckered in before. It's not that these stories aren't important or that we should forget about tragedy. But this section was designed to get views for advertisers, and it seems improper that these stories keep getting exploited. It says "powered by Google" but I hope the board operators should have some say over what gets displayed there?

I'm not sure where to ask this question, so I apologize if this isn't the right part of the forum.

Is there anything that can be done about the zombie threads that appear at the bottom of each forum page? Unfortunately, at least half of them are always about tragic, morbid events (alligators, suicides at Disney, suicides at Universal) -- which I realize make for really great clickbait which is why the algorithm keeps displaying them.

Maybe i'm the only one seeing them because I got suckered in before. It's not that these stories aren't important or that we should forget about tragedy. But this section was designed to get views for advertisers, and it seems improper that these stories keep getting exploited. It says "powered by Google" but I hope the board operators should have some say over what gets displayed there?
Install an adblocker. I use AdBlock Plus. Works great. And it's free.

I'd agree that an Adblocker is a good solution and I use one all the time, but I guess I don't have it turned on here. Thanks for the tip!

That said, for those who don't use Adblocker Plus, I'm sure Disboards relies on some of that ad revenue and would rather fix all the negative ads and morbid clickbait to create a better user experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!