Zoe..

0624071858.jpg

This is my kitty Zoe. We got her from the Humane Society in October. Well latley Zoe has been acting really weird so we took her to the vet. They gave us some medicine to give her, so we did. The vet neglected to tell us that the medicine had some side effects. So yesterday Zoe couldn't even walk straight and she didn't eat. Today she wouldn't move or anything so we took her to the vet again. They looked at her and saw that she was anemic(spelling?), her body temp was really low, and she only weighs 3 pounds (cats her age are suppose to weigh at least 6). They also said there is probably something "eating up" all her red blood cells. We had to leave her at the vet so they can run some blood tests, if she even has enough blood. So yeah basically, we are probably gonna have to put her down. :sad1:
Sorry, I just had to vent.

I'm sooo sorry to hear that. I know how it feels. My cat got put down last christmas, due to 'feline infectious peritanitus'. 98% of cats have the cells that can fight it. But he was just in the unlucky 2%. My other cat got put down in the summer of 2005. She was 19/20 years old so she lived to a very good age. It just hit me because she was there all of my life. The other cat died in his sleep at the age of 17. I think that was 2001, but I'm not sure.
If you ever want to talk, just pm me.:sad1: :grouphug:

Thanks guys.

I'm sooo sorry to hear that. I know how it feels. My cat got put down last christmas, due to 'feline infectious peritanitus'. 98% of cats have the cells that can fight it. But he was just in the unlucky 2%. My other cat got put down in the summer of 2005. She was 19/20 years old so she lived to a very good age. It just hit me because she was there all of my life. The other cat died in his sleep at the age of 17. I think that was 2001, but I'm not sure.
If you ever want to talk, just pm me.:sad1: :grouphug:
Yeah the vet said that in his 30 years of being a vet this is only the second cat he's seen have side effects from the medicine.
:/

i am soooooooo sorry...one of my dogs died in his sleep when i was 9 and he had been around my whole life so that was really bad...and then my current dog had a time when she would have seizures(SP) like once a day...

The vets said with my cat who had 'feline infectious peritionitus' that they had never seen it before because only 2% of cats actually get affected by it. My other cat had the same amount of it in her blood but it hasn't affected her yet and might never will. His bloods had to go from where I live (40 miles North of London) all the way to Glasgo(sp) In Scotland.

Yeah my other kitty is OK. I've got a Kitten now as well.

This is a picture of Milly my cat...
P1000404.jpg

...and this is a picture of Oliver my kitten
P1000455.jpg

I'm so sorry.
You're kitty is adorable.
I really hope she gets better.

Awww Steph, I'm sorry! :hug:

This is my dog Zoe:
Picture014.jpg

She is only 6 and she has seizures every now and then. The vet doesn't know whats wrong with her. We almost lost her a couple years ago. Thats when she started her seizures so we took her to the vet and they couldn't find anything.

This is my other dog socks:
Picture040.jpg

She's 16 and we might be losing her shortly. She is very old and she has a hard time getting around. She still walks and eats and drinks but it takes her like 5 mintues to sit down and stand up. And she has a really nasty infection on her face that is getting a little better but its still pretty nasty.

Again, I am so sorry! I'm here if ya need to talk! :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!