zeppy 68 ian's wish trip

Just found your PTR. Sounds like it will be a great time!

Yes i'm hoping on a magical time. I'm so stresed trying to put this together.
One thing I forgot to ask our wish organization about was gettign a bar to keep ian his bed.

Does anyone know if they would have this or shold I just see if my wish organization can get me one.
I kow they rented me a stroller from a company they deal with but after reading all the trip reprots you get strollers for free at the parks.

ian everyday now talks about his trip non stop. This morning at school somebody had mickey bag that they were dropping thier sleeping off inn and a course ian saw it and said me going to mickey mouse.
This trip will be so good for him.

He keeps telling me he wants to eat with the boys. I'm asuming it means aladdin and the prince but I dont think their are any charcter meals with them.
He also loves sleeping beauty and beaty in the beast. As soon as he wakes
up that is the first thing he asks to put on the tv.

A little more about ian besides the optic nerve tumor ian has so may food allergies that we need to also be careful with where and what we eat. The main one is peanuts and we avoid any place that cooks in peanut. He also allergies to wheat egg soy beef and milk. This makes it so tough since he likes to eat everything in sight.

That is so cute that he's so excited!! Lydia keeps talking about "goign to see Mickey Mouse!" :) At the 1900 Park Fare, Prince Charming shows up. I don't know if he likes that prince or not. :) That's no fun about the food allergies. But I've heard they're very good at considering food allergies at GKTW if they know beforehand. :)

That is so cute that he's so excited!! Lydia keeps talking about "goign to see Mickey Mouse!" :) At the 1900 Park Fare, Prince Charming shows up. I don't know if he likes that prince or not. :) That's no fun about the food allergies. But I've heard they're very good at considering food allergies at GKTW if they know beforehand. :)

Khalana

yes ian is so cute when it comes to the prince charming and he loves the girls sleeping beauty, snow white and cinderalla. I think he would love to have dinner with him. since this is the first videos he watches everday.

DEFINITELY do Wishes! It is fantastic! I don't care for Fantasmic at all.

I will definetly put wishes on top of our list. I think we are going todio this the first day. Hiopefully ian can make til 9:00 at night.

I'll Just tell him if he stays wake he can see boom booms:goodvibes

Fellow wish trippers!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have some questions I hope can be answered. I done so much reading
that I dont think everything is answered.

Is there a difference between the gac and the button??

Do they hold the welcome meeting a couple times day when you first get
to gktw?

The disney meet and greets are they breakfeast or just area you go and meet
the charcters?????

I/m trying to make some more plans and am just wondering how much time I should leave for different activities

Well I fianlly have a basic interary

Arrive sunday and enjoy gktw. Ian cant wait to ride the merry go around.
He calls it the up down ride.

Monday -magic kingdom and cyrstal palace for lunch
Tues animal kingdom epcot for fireworks
Wed hs and maybe back to mk
Thurs sea world and thanksgiving back to gktw for christmas party
Breakfeast at cape may early in the morning
I hope they still have it due to the holiday.

friday Universal studios
Ian Loves the beach and he sleeps with his beach book of mickey mouse at the beach.
Ian also loves fireworks and we would like to fit in all three shows but due
to him getting tired easy I dont know if we will

What everyone suggest if you had choose 2 what would they be??

Fantasmic?? wishes??
epcot???
This trip is about him I been trying to plan everything he would enjoy.

Our kids are 3 months, 2 and 31/2. This trip we are skipping Epcot's World showcase area and only doing future world. This trip is all about Sebastian. While my hubby and I love World showcase it's just not as interersting to Sebastian at 3. We have to be judicious about our time since GKTW world basically gives you 5 days to see 7 parks!

We are skipping both Epcot Illuminations and Wishes at Magic Kingdom for Sebastian's Wish trip. When we went to Disney as a family in October 2007 (before Sebastian's tumors) we learned a lot about what worked for us with small kids so here is our reasoning...

The Illuminations show didn't start until 9:30 --well after our kid's bedtime. We had to wait for over an hour along the waterfront to secure a good spot for viweing the show. In the end it didn't seem worth it for a 15 minute show tha went way over their heads.

Wishes fireworks was nice. But again it was way past bed time and we had
a significant wait to get a good spot for what amounted to another 15 min.
show. Our real problem was with the MASS EXODUS of everyone leaving the park at the same time. We inched along toward the exit with people shoulder to shouler (during the slow season!) we waited for what seemed like forever for the boat back to ticket and trabsportation center and then for a bus. At 10:30 p.m. we gave up on the bus and took a cab back to our Disney property hotel.

So here is the show that we are doing :) FANTASMIC. During the Winter months it starts at 7:00 p.m. Perfect! It's a nice length so that the time we spend waiting seems worth the pay-off AND unlike the other two eveing shows it is choc-ful of Disney characters --Mickey included.

We are doing the Fantasmic Dinner package which gets you seats in a reserved area so that you don't have to wait as long. We've found with the little ones that it's totally worth it! Last time we ate at Hollywood and Vine and this time we are doing Mama Melrose. Brown Derby is the other choice in this package.

Other than Fantasmic we plan on doing the GKTW parties in the evening. I figure if we come back to Disney we can catch Illuminations and Wishes again with them being older but this is our one and only chance to experience Give Kids the World.:goodvibes

I will definetly put wishes on top of our list. I think we are going todio this the first day. Hiopefully ian can make til 9:00 at night.

I'll Just tell him if he stays wake he can see boom booms:goodvibes

So cute!

Fellow wish trippers!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have some questions I hope can be answered. I done so much reading
that I dont think everything is answered.

Is there a difference between the gac and the button??

Do they hold the welcome meeting a couple times day when you first get
to gktw?

The disney meet and greets are they breakfeast or just area you go and meet
the charcters?????

I/m trying to make some more plans and am just wondering how much time I should leave for different activities

Ok, I'm not a Wish Tripper, but I've read a lot of their threads! From what I've read you won't need a GAC if you have the button, and other members of your party can use the button too, if it's a ride Ian isn't going on.

There are characters all over the parks. When you pick up your park of the map, there will be another schedule that you should get, it has the showtimes and character meet and greet times. My favorite place to meet the characters is in the World Showcase at Epcot. There are tons of characters there. With the button though, Mickey's Toon Town might be one of your best bets for characters. Inside the "tent' there are a lot of characters. They have the Princesses, Mickey, and I think Goofy, Pluto, and Donald? There are three separate lines to get in, but with your button, you should be good!

And, doesn't GKTW usually have Mickey and Minnie over there for a meet and greet?

If a Wish Trippers needs to correct this information, please do so! :thumbsup2

Ian and JT recieved a package today from the big give. It was mickey mouse
ears. The boys were so excited I had to talk them into taking them off for bed time:goodvibes Thank you Kristi and allie

I went to pick ian up from his school today and as he is walking out. hegoes to their little library and see's a book on all the princesses. He gets so excited that he goes over to the director and said I'm going to see prince
and princess. Then asks director if he can take the book and show his grandma. SO guess what we left with from school. The princess book.

Ian is like the class clown. Everybody adores him because he says the cutest things. I guess teachers see things different then parents when they tell me how funny he is.

What a day today!

Jt has had rough week. He had target on his leg on wed took him to local night pediatricina and they gave us the worst care I could imagine. I'm not real good at handling all the medical. I leave that up to Laura but she was in meetings. Doctor gave him medicine sent us home saying he would be fine. Well he woke this morning and off to the er they went. Jt cant take any pain the poor boy you need 20 people top hold him down when he gets shots. The doctor change medicine and finally I think he is going to break this thing.
Ian who went through a year of chemo could have a needle or shot and you wouldnt see one tear from him.
I guess because he has had so much since he was little it doesnt phase him

I wish there was a way to get jt not to be so scared more like petrified.

Well after reading so many different reprots today. I took a hitn from one
them and ian I created a paper chain now that we are down to 15 days.

My wife is really to scrapbooking so she got out some stickers and ian put them on his chain and took it to his room. So LEt the coutdown begin.

I hope JT is feeling better soon! Hugs. I love the paper chain idea and we will do when we are closer to the date.

I hope JT will get better soon too!

We're doing the paper chain thing too. Lydia loves taking one of the chains down every morning and because I told her while we made it that when all the chains are in the garbage we'll go to Disney World, she is very eager to throw it away as soon as we've got it off the chain. :rotfl:

Well after reading so many different reprots today. I took a hitn from one
them and ian I created a paper chain now that we are down to 15 days.

My wife is really to scrapbooking so she got out some stickers and ian put them on his chain and took it to his room. So LEt the coutdown begin.

We love the countdowns!!! You are getting so close!

I hope JT is better soon. It stinks when you're so close to your trip and they get sick.

becca

Thank you for all your thoughts on jt.

Were still waiting for test to come back to see what happened

THe traget swelled up and eventually popped but Laura neeeded to squeze it out to make sure she got the whole infection out. We needed ear plugs because like I mentioned jt gets so upset. The wound is looking better and it does seem like the double dose of antibioitcs he was put on our working.

Ian cut another link off his chain today. As soon as he woke up went right to it. So another day closer here we come.

Today we recieved a package from Glenda for the boys.
Thanks so much.
The boys both got game books, Journals and crayons in a very nice crayon holders. JT got the speed racer book which is funny because Granpa just bought Jt speed racer sneakers.
Jt said Grandpa these sneakers make me run faster.
Ian got the mickey miney and gang. He absolutely loved it.
The Journals are perfect. JT sits home and make is own books all the time story line and all and he is only. I cant wait to see here some of the stories he will come up with on our trip.

Thank you GLenda

I am on this PTR for the ride, it looks as if a few of you will be at GKTW village together.
Not long now:woohoo: :woohoo:

Mandy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter