Yvet's rant: OT but Disney related (update in post #29)

Today Emiel called United and the tickets are issued on Nov 23th and they could also see that the TA gave the order July 20th.
So i turns out that the source of the problem lies with United........

I think this has a pretty easy resolution. All United has to do is waive their luggage fees for you on this trip. That should be pretty easy.

Good luck!

I think this has a pretty easy resolution. All United has to do is waive their luggage fees for you on this trip. That should be pretty easy.

Good luck!

If it was just as simple, life would be a lot more fun....

Emiel was called back earlier and spoke to the woman that had called United to get it all sorted out.
And it's everything but sorted out.......

The TA says that they did everything alright and just perfect and that it's the fault of United.

Emiel called United again....

United says that the TA did the booking on July 20 and that they never gave the order to issue the tickets.
The order to issue the tickets (for December) where given by the TA to United on Nov 23....

Do you see a pattern of circles????:confused3

The tickets for April are still not issued and United never got the order to do that.....

Next steps are that Emiel is going to write a complain letter to the TA.
In that letter he stated that the TA is responsible for all the costs we need to make for the second bags.

To be continued.......................

Wow Yvet I am so sorry you and Emiel are going through this!
All I can say is stick to your guns, and don't give up. :thumbsup2

I want to visit them and the Robsons' in Scotland and the Hunters in England and Alessandra (alebisi) in Italy. Oh and Kriss in Sweden, too.

oh Todd! that was so sweet to remember me!!! you are welcome here in the pasta pizza and wine country :cool1: everyone's invited.

Yvet I hope you manage to work out everything!! sending you goodvibes:goodvibes

Sorry for your problems Yvet & Emiel. You might want to check with United, but I know last year when the airlines first started adding baggage fees, implementation was based on your booking date. Since the airline shows that you booked before the implementation date, you might be waived the added fees, even though the tickets were issued after the date.

So sorry to hear your troubles Yvet. How absolutely frustrating esp. when it appears to be a blame game. Hopefully someone will step up and take responsibility and you'll get your free second bag for both December and April.

Another update.

First thanks for all the support!!!!!

Emiel wrote a letter and send it to the TA last wednesday.

Today we recieved an answer that the complaint was recieveed and that they are working on this.
They also send the letter to United.

So they are working on this......

Oh, my! I hope you get some satisfaction from the travel agent.

When Kevin opens up Dreams Unlimited Europe, He can book my trip to visit Emiel & Yvet and Gav n Becx.

I want to visit them and the Robsons' in Scotland and the Hunters in England and Alessandra (alebisi) in Italy. Oh and Kriss in Sweden, too.

Fine, fine. No one wants to come and see me, I will just sit in my part of England and cry! ;)

I think a big meet up at Disneyland Paris would be the best thing! :thumbsup2

I think a big meet up at Disneyland Paris would be the best thing! :thumbsup2

I think I can speak on behalf of Becx and say that we'd be up for a DLP meet if there was a few people coming over!

Yvet - hope you get this sorted, must be incredibly frustrating.
Keep us updated and hey at least it's not long until you'll be at DAP - then you can forget about this for a few days!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter