Yup..it's another WWYD???

supersuperwendy

any happy little thought?
It seems like every year I ask What Would You Do???

ideas for 2013

week before Easter...total crowds I'm sure (already booked - surprise for DD15 bday...shhhhh)

4th of July..nice fireworks but hot and crowded

late august...lower points but hot and possible hurricanes

We are not taking the kids out of school any longer for WDW so its seriously limiting our options!!! We went in August 2009 and got lucky with the weather, it was hot, but no rain and low crowds! So what would you do????

We are mid - August visitors and while it is hot, we just do the parks in the AM, pools in the afternoon, and then parks at night. We enjoy it and in all the years we have been going, have encountered very little rain that caused a disruption in our touring so this gets my vote.

We've been for 4th of July and the crowds were so bad we swore we'd never go back for that time period--it was also felt as hot as it was in August so didn't really see a need to go again at that time.

Never been at Easter--the only plus would be not quite as hot, but I bet its more crowded than late August.

Good luck!

We are mid - August visitors and while it is hot, we just do the parks in the AM, pools in the afternoon, and then parks at night. We enjoy it and in all the years we have been going, have encountered very little rain that caused a disruption in our touring so this gets my vote.

Good luck!

We did this last year and it worked great. This year we did mid June and it was actually a little less crowded and weather was a little better (we left right before the tropical storm hit)

We are working around school schedules too. We have done Easter. It was not as bad as we thought it was going to be. It was crowded but the weather was great!
Just got back from June, it rained a ton, it was hot and crowded. I'm not sure if we would go back agin in June.
I would be willing to try August as some schools go back earlier than others or are getting ready to go back.
Next year we were planning before Thanksgiving and Easter but now we are considering saving to purchase a resale contract so we will go whenever we could use our points :-)

Personally, I would go with low crowds. You can always do things to beat the heat. I say August. :thumbsup2

You guys have me convinced!!! But...I'm concerned that my BIL will be starting college some time in August. UGH!!! not sure ...when do colleges usually start their fall semester?

supersuperwendy said:
You guys have me convinced!!! But...I'm concerned that my BIL will be starting college some time in August. UGH!!! not sure ...when do colleges usually start their fall semester?

My kids usually start toward the end of August--the week before Labor Day. Most of the NY colleges are similar. Not sure about other ones.

If you are willing to get up early for park openings we have had great times even in the busiest weeks. We've been for easter and christmas week before. We'd make rope drop, folllow a touring plan, and then leave around noon to enjoy the hotel until the late afternoon. So even in the busiest times you can still enjoy the parks. That said I still think August sounds like your best option.

I *always* opt for the opting with the lowest crowds. Everything else is much easier to deal with. You can prepare for rain. You can prepare for heat. Obviously, neither is great/comfortable...but I'll take heat over horrific crowds any day.

We have gone the week of Easter, the 3rd week of July, and the end of August. We will never again go in July. It was not just hot and crowded, but add the tour groups and for us it just isn't worth it. Easter week wasn't bad. It was hot and crowded (was April the year we did this), but the with the point cost, I am not sure if I would select this again. For us, the end of August has been our favorite time to go. The point costs are lower, the crowds are significantly lighter, and the temps aren't nearly as bad as when we went in July. One year, we went at the end of a hurricane, but we didn't let the rain stop us. We took rain gear or tried to stick to indoor areas as much as possible. August has always been our choice.

:) DH and I live on the Gulf Coast so we have vowed to never EVER go in August...but with the choices you have, it would be my pick for the reasons listed above. DH's birthday is 7/4 and I have often thought of giving him a fun weekend in WDW--but it isn't fun if you cannot do stuff becasue of crowds...hmmm, I am sure the fireworks are worth it though :rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter