You're not going alone - Pre Trip Report

Sthronds

<font color=blue>I can't make pancakes. It's just
Cast:

Me, Sue, 32 but not quite grown up yet, work as a Travel Agent

Dad, older than me! Loves, going on vacation, likes Disney, over protective

Mom, older than me but younger than dad, dislikes traveling, loves Disney but shopping is her goal.

Here, is the backstory. Living 4 hours from Anaheim, Disneyland is a part of my life. Usually once a year, I brave LA traffic and visit Mickey in his California home. My parents visited Disneyworld in 1972, months before I was born. They don't talk fondly of it. There wasn't much to do and they were worried about things back home. My dad and grandpa were ranchers and apparently while they were enjoying warm Florida there was a spring freeze and it damaged the peach crop that year. It was very devastating. Finally after begging for many many many many. . . years, they took me to WDW in 1990 when I was 17. We stayed at the Contemporary and had a wonderful time. We went to MK, Epcot, MGM and, well that's it. No AK then. We took a day and went to Kennedy Space Center which was awesome and we tried Universal Studios too. It was brand new, and there wasn't much to do. At that point we were very disapointed as the one in LA was more established. I actually just found my park hopper from that first trip. I didn't realize I still had it but should have known. I can be such a pack rat at times!

I didn't have a huge desire to go back. It seemed so far to go and Disneyland was so close. That all changed when I heard about Star Wars Weekends. Two years ago, 2003, I decided I must go to Star Wars weekends. I booked my trip and was all set to go by myself when out of the blue, my dad managed to talk my mom into going again. So there we were, off again. We had such a good time and I was pretty well prepared for everything except meals. I didn't think that PS was important. HA! I know now. We stayed at POR and I loved it although my dad thought it could have been nicer. He doesn't like that it is called "moderate" and "deluxe". He wants to stay deluxe and I just tease him that we don't have the ranch anymore, mom's retired, I'm poor, and therefore we are not deluxe kind of people anymore! So, that brings us to Christmas day 2004. I had dinner at my parents house and told them that I was thinking of going to Star Wars Weekends again. They encouraged me to go. A few days before I was going to book it, my dad talked my mom into it AGAIN! So, once again there are three of us. I keep thinking this will be my big solo trip, but no. That's ok. My parents are the best. We get along great and have a lot of fun with each other.
We leave in less than 36 hours for an obnoxiously early flight. I am currently freaking out about missing my connection at LAX. We have 45 minutes and it is supposed to be foggy so if that flight is late, we are in trouble. When I booked this flight we had a good hour and 1/2 but then the airlines went and changed the schedule. How can they do this to me? I am packed already and Disney is all I can think about. What will I do when it's over? Can't wait to write my actual trip report! I'll write more next week! :cheer2:

Hope you have a great time!! I can't wait to hear about your trip when you get back! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter