Your views on Fantasmic?

Fantasmic is the one and only thing at WDW I can't live without. Seriously, if it was not playing, I'd probably postpone my trip until it was!!

BUT.... your kids are young and might be scared of the special effects. That dragon and the fire can be scary to little ones.

Originally posted by cooldisneymom
I love Fantasmic!!!!!!! Just hate the waiting so long before it starts to get a good seat!!! I like Illuminations better, though. Don't miss the Osborne lights they are fantastic!!!:3dglasses

I may be the only person who has never heard of the Osborne lights. What are they and where can you see them? :confused:

Originally posted by rhondacedwards
I may be the only person who has never heard of the Osborne lights. What are they and where can you see them? :confused:

They are Christmas lights only up in December at MGM. They did not have them last year to make way for a new stunt show but they will be back this December.

Definitely do not miss it! While MGM isn't my favorite park at WDW, I make it a point never to miss Fantasmic! because I love it so much. I know you will be impressed by it--be aware that there is fire along with fireworks and villains, so that may scare your children a little bit- however, I still strongly recommend that you include this in your vacation..I know it always sticks out when I think about my past vacations!

mariamouse ::MickeyMo

Oh, I love Fantasmic! It is such an incredible show. The effects are amazing. I just sit there in awe. The whole water screen concept blows my mind.
It's #1 on my do not miss list.

with the Orlando one. There's a real pirate ship and battle on board at the Disneyland one. One downfall about the Disneyland one is that you have to stand for it.

Anyway, if you can get seating in the middle section and the bottom half of the rows then the Orlando one is ok. I don't like sitting on the sides or too far up there. It doesn't make it for me. I avoid the show at the busy times and I go most often when there are two shows available and I go to the late one.

It's a show to see once at either park but I don't necessarily make it a must see on every trip.

It's a pretty good show, but my family didn't find it to be the as spectacular as some reports make it out to be. We had very high expectations based on those reports and it didn't meet those expectations. Combine that with the fact that it can be a hassle to go and wait (and wait and wait), and it falls into the "nice to have done it once, but don't need to do it again" category.

JMHO

I LOVE Fantasmic:D Your kids might be kinda young at age 1 and 3. There is smoke, fire, scary scences, and of course villians. In the end Mickey does win but only you know what your kids are afraid of.

We like it, but much prefer Illuminations. But if you can spare the time, it would be worth it to view at least once.

Now this thread has gotten me very curious - they updated Illuminations, and now there's no focus on the countries???? The Fantasmic at DL is better??? Now I KNOW I have to go back to WDW as well as DL!

I have seen this twice and really enjoyed it! My ds was a bit scared the first time because of the 'bad guys"!

Fantasmic is very loud and the parade of villans can feel pretty intense. On one occasion and for some reason, in the midst of all those people knowing there was only one exit, I felt claustrophobic.

But, I've been back since and really enjoyed it. I go in about 20-30 minutes before it starts with a snack bought outside the theatre. It helps to pass the time if you have "dinner" while you're waiting. The crowd is fun - doing the "wave", etc. Vendors sell lighted things for the kids. It's a fun atmosphere. :D

:bounce: :Pinkbounc ::yes:: ::yes:: ::yes::

Fantasmic is my familiy's favorite show...wouldn't miss it ever.

Will tell you though, feel too intense for 1 yr old. 3 yr old will thoroughly enjoy. music throughout show which I believe holds their attention.

if you have the opportunity, please do it. although thinking about it, there is not all too much to do with small children at MGM...
there is muppet show and mermaid, but I feel MGM more geared to older kids.

and don't do dinner package, I think that is a total waste of money.

there are plenty of seats to see fantasmic.

My 6yrold LOVED fantasmic and it was one of the highlights of his trip. I liked the show, too, but not as much as Wishes. I think it's worth going to see. I can't see that there was anything to "hate" about it. You have bleacher seating, for one, which you do not have in the other fireworks type shows.

LOVED Fantasmic!! Just don't sit in the front row if you don't want to get wet! It was my ds's birthday so a CM asked us if we wanted the front row. Not knowing any better, we said "sure!". WEll, it was a windy and chilly evening and we got really wet from the water. My youngest ds hid behind me to try to stay dry, and we spent alot of time "ducking" from the mist.

Next time, we're in the back!! LOL

Well please don't attack me but........
we are a family of 4 and my DH and i are in our mid 30's, ds is 4, dd is 13 and we have seen the show I think 5 times but we don't like it. I won't say we hate it but none of us care for it at all. We have never seen the DL version, we like illum., and wishes, all disney parades etc. very big disney people esp. me!! But on our last trip this past jan. we vowed not to mess with seeing it again. You see I have always read how much people like it so I thought it must be us so we have kept going to it again each trip always thinking that maybe this year I will grow to like it but I just don't care for it at all.

So of course I would say to not bother and see it some other trip but as I can see from reading here everyone else just loves/likes it so much! (again makes me think it is me and maybe if i see it just one more time i will get it.........nah;) )

It's my favorite show in all of WDW... by far!!! We never miss it.

It's the best show in all of Disney World! We see it every time. To water down the scary parts, I recommend sitting farther away from the lake. But the scary parts only make it better, in my opinion, making Mickey's success even sweeter. It also gave Disney a chance to show off.

My family actually didn't like the Disneyland version compared to the WDW Fantasmic. It just seemed cheezy and anticlimatic. I felt as if I could have beat the villains myself with my hands tied behind my back.

Not that I like too much emphasis on Disney villains. In WDW, for the kids' sake, they could ease up just a teeny bit.

We're among those who find Fantasmic WAY over-rated. At least we were glad we took advantage of the Fantasmic package as we didn't waste time in line for it.

LOVE the Osborne Lights!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter