Your vacation villa experiences

AllthingsPiglet

Earning My Ears
Hi!
I have been planning pretty much every evening for our January2007 disney vacation. I have debated the off site vs. onsite option until i thought my head would explode and decided that for our budget we would get the most bang for our buck offsite this year.
'Then it was on to an exhaustive search of hotels , flights, discount sites e.t.c. (I'm making this sound like a chore.. I secretly love the planning!.. just don't tell dh ;) )
So now I am looking at vacation homes. Oh boy.. a whole new can of worms.
For now though I have only one question for you all.
My worry about a vacation home versus a hotel would be feeling isolated. I know I would love the lack of crowds and quiet evenings. But I would like it if there were some other vacationers around.. maybe other kids for my children to play with .. or someone to chat with at the pool.
I guess basically I still want that vacation feel of being close to shopping and restaurants and activities rather than feeling like I am like the only visitor.
I hope that makes some sense and was wondering if any of your experiences could answer those questions.
Thanks! :wave:

If you pick a home in Windsor Palms or Windsor Hills, you will get some of those experiences. Both have community pools, movie theaters, exercise rooms, gift shops and activities. These are gated communities built specifically with a resort atmosphere.

If you choose anything in Emerald Island make sure you get the town homes inside the gates or drive to the pool inside the gates. I have been told by another Diser that the outside the gate town homes are more quiet.

I do not know from experience we own a pool home and like the fact we are by ourselves we bring down our own company and have a great time.

BonnieA said:
If you pick a home in Windsor Palms or Windsor Hills, you will get some of those experiences. Both have community pools, movie theaters, exercise rooms, gift shops and activities. These are gated communities built specifically with a resort atmosphere.

Can you tell me how far WP and WH are from Downtown Disney? About how long would it take to get there?

Thanks!

sbclifton said:
Can you tell me how far WP and WH are from Downtown Disney? About how long would it take to get there?

Thanks!

I would say the drive would be about 15- 20 minutes to DTD. To AK it's more like 8-9 minutes. And last time I was there I timed it from Windsor Hills to the MK parking booths and it was 12 minutes.

BonnieA said:
I would say the drive would be about 15- 20 minutes to DTD. To AK it's more like 8-9 minutes. And last time I was there I timed it from Windsor Hills to the MK parking booths and it was 12 minutes.

Thanks! DD and her BF are planning on Pleasure Island for some dancing. I've been looking at Cypress Pointe, but WH has some great deals on larger units. The family accompanying us will have 4 kids and can use the extra room.

isla bonita said:
If you choose anything in Emerald Island make sure you get the town homes inside the gates or drive to the pool inside the gates. I have been told by another Diser that the outside the gate town homes are more quiet.

I do not know from experience we own a pool home and like the fact we are by ourselves we bring down our own company and have a great time.

I'd read about a quieter area at Emerald Island, but are some of the town homes actually outside the security gates? Is that what you mean? I do like the added security of the gate, and I'm not sure I like the idea of not being within the gated area at Emerald Island... I'm find with a quieter area, and we don't plan to spend any time at the pool, but I did assume that all of Emerald Island Resort had the same security.

If you think your children would like the company of others.You may want to consider a community that has a mix of holiday makers and permanent residents.
Our neighbour lives there and my son always has a chat with hime from our pool area.
Try a community with a communal pool and maybe therell be company there.But Ive found people tend to stay in their own pools.

Happy hunting,
Lynn

Emerald island has a town home area that is outside the gated guard house.

Not sure why they built it like they did and did not even know this for some time.

Not all town homes are outside the gated area.

The Terra Verde Resort and Spa is in a great location and there is plenty to do right in the resort. You are close to everything and you never have to fight the I-4 traffic.
Helen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter