Your Top 10 - Things to do in Orland with Kids

krisceeg

Earning My Ears
We are going to Orlando the end of May, first week of June. My dh has training and we'll be staying offsite at Shingle Creek. We plan to take the kids (5 1/2 and almost 4) to the Magic Kingdom one day as a family. The days my husband is in training I would like to take the boys to like Gatorland, Wonderworks, etc.

For those of you that have been to Orlando with young kids, what would you say are your top 10 things to do/see with kids?

Thank you!
Kristina

We do this almost every trip.

http://www.showcaseofcitrus.com/

We have fresh fruit for our whole trip. Their OJ is the bomb. Also the strwberries make not just great smoothies but a great snack by the pool.

Now the limes come in handy for Mama's fix. Nothing like a cool fresh from the tree Margarita.

My kids favorite thing to do is to stay by the pool and relax. We do not have a pool at home so this is a real treat for them. In June, you will want to stay cool. The other thing they like to do is go to Downtown Disney. We don't shop in the parks at all, so they know they will get a small gift when we go there. They like to play with the Legos at the Lego store, we always take pictures by each of the Lego statues, we get candy at Goofy's Candy Company and maybe an ice cream at Ghirhaldi's.

We went to Sea World two years ago and loved it. You may want to save that for a time you and DH can go though. The nice thing is that a one day ticket is really good for two days. I think you have to stop at guest relations on the way out and they will give you a ticket to come back the next day. I think they still do this, but you may want to check the web site for more details.

The two things we want to do on one of our up-coming trips is to go to Wonderworks ( I would like to try the magic/comedy show they have at night) and to the Citrus place that was mentioned in a previous post.

My kids favorite thing to do is to stay by the pool and relax. We do not have a pool at home so this is a real treat for them. In June, you will want to stay cool.

That is the #1 thing our kids love. I was thinking away from the hotel, town home, time share, retal home. When asked every time we go down and it is 2 times a year for about 2 weeks per they always say the pool. Bring a couple of pool tays and they will have a ball. We live in NE like dougsmom and have a short swim season so it is the bomb for our guys. A few dive sticks and they are good for the day.

My kids love playing mini golf, there are quite a few around the area, although I'm not sure that your kids will be old enough yet.

We love to eat dinner at all of the different resorts and walk around. We are going to check out the Universal resorts and restaurants this trip.

Thanks for all the suggestions!

I'd love for them to do the pirate cruise . . . but my youngest won't be 4 yet unfortunately.

We will definitely be spending some downtime at the pools at the hotel, which my boys are very excited about.

I guess I just want to make sure we don't miss out on something that would be awesome for them! So anymore suggestions, keep them coming.

Kristina

There is a post just down from yours that talks about Ferris & Foster's Chocolate Factory. I googled it and it sound really neat, on certain days they have tours and such. I know kids of any age would love to see a "Willy Wonka" real life place. Have a great time!

Another vote for mini golf. No, matter what we have on the agenda for our trip we always manage to squeeze in a game of mini golf. The Orlando area has some of the best mini golf courses. Last year my youngest was 23months and they even had a putter for her and she loved hitting the ball. Come to think about it I think she even sunk a hole in one, to which her 8yr old sister was not very pleased to see. :mad:
T.

We love mini golf, we will definitely do that:) I checked into the chocolate place and they have a family night when we are there, so we may do that . . . I loooooovvvveee chocolate!

Kristina

If you feel like you can manage both kids alone, my boys LOVE Typhoon Lagoon. Even at 4. They have a little tykes section and the lazy river is so nice. I always remember it cuz it's the 1st time my ds7 (then 4) would get his face wet. They are so sad when it's too chilly to go to a water park. I don't know if I'd be brave enough to take 2 if I were alone but then again my boys are part-monkey. :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter