Your scrapbook room............

thelionqueen said:
Thanks for the reply, I showed my husband it and your description and he is amazed what an economical and awesome idea!!

We have been pricing these for about 8 months now on different web sites and nothing would work for my room. Plus the cost was over $300!!

I can't thank you enough for posting this and the instructions, you've truly made my scrapbooking room complete!! :worship: :worship:

I can't wait to get started, will show pictures once we're done. Off to Target in the am :banana:

Glad I could help! I actually saw the idea on twopeas a while ago and showed the picture to my DH. He figured it out and went to town! I am so lucky to have such a great DH. It was his idea for the counter tops in the room. All I wanted was some paint on the walls, a big table to scrap on, and some shelves!!

Tina,
Quick question, those units you have in middle picture, clear storage... where is that from? Is that another hardware dept. find?

Oh my goodness your rooms are amazing. I wish we had the room for me to have my very own scrap room. Right now I only get a spare table.

Hey stepmom3 that looks awesome!!!
Are those the paint buckets from target??
Can you tell me what you put in them!
I have 13 of them from DH's surprise birthday party - I used them as centerpieces - now I know what I can do with them when the house is done!

TinkerKat said:
Tina,
Quick question, those units you have in middle picture, clear storage... where is that from? Is that another hardware dept. find?

The ones on the desk in the second to last picture? Those are tilt bins that I bought at Home Depot. The stack up so I got a few big ones and little ones. I saw them the other day at Staples, but they only had black ones.

pattyT said:
Hey stepmom3 that looks awesome!!!
Are those the paint buckets from target??
Can you tell me what you put in them!
I have 13 of them from DH's surprise birthday party - I used them as centerpieces - now I know what I can do with them when the house is done!
They are from Target. It is really hard to find yellow stuff, so when I do, I buy it first then figure out what to do with it. When I purchased these(50% off), DD4 was with me and I said to myself, but out loud, "how many of these do I need?" DD's response was "1". She is not an official shopaholic yet!
I put the things I use the most in them and then label them on the front:
scissors
ribbon scraps
paint
newely purchased items
small paper scraps

** new paper storage Idea*

My cousin just showed me a picture she printed online of a GREAT IDEA!
The person took shelves from a closet organizing set (ya know the white wire ones with a little lip) and slipped them upside down - and hung them on the wall - then braced them out -
then she could pit all of her paper on them layered sorta - but you could just look and see EVERYTHING -
I might have to lift that when it comes time it totally rocked!
I will forward a picture if i ever find one!

Hi all, I would first like to say THANK YOU to TLOVESDIS for the GREAT idea on how to make 12X12 paper cubes! I did exactly as you said and they turned out great!! I decided to leave the rack on the floor instead of mount on the wall, as I have more floor space.

My DS (8) also scraps with me, so the right side of the picture is his area. One of my favorite finds this year are the 2 purple chairs! I had been looking for over 3 months for a pink chair (none to be found, pink is my favorite color). Then one day at Super Wal-Mart there they were. 2 purple task chairs, exactly what I wanted and I like the color even more than I would have like pink!! The kicker, both chairs only cost $40! The ones I was looking at were around $175 EACH!!

Anyway, the original theme for my room was the "Pink Tink" room, but it has evolved some :rotfl2:

Keep in mind this used to be a dance floor, and is now a scrap room. I think it works out OK. The other rooms are AWESOME!!!!!
47b5d631b3127cce930de074c81f00000016108AbtGzNy0YuW
47b5d631b3127cce930de066c80d00000016108AbtGzNy0YuW

47b5d631b3127cce930de057490c00000016108AbtGzNy0YuW
47b5d631b3127cce930de390095200000016108AbtGzNy0YuW

Close up of the newly handmade paper storage..thanks again!!
47b5d631b3127cce930d0ac049ee00000016108AbtGzNy0YuW

Hi again, and a big Thanks to yous all for showing me your rooms. I just :love: LOVE them all.
Hey thelionqueen. Now I am in a big rush to get my room done. I am too in love with the Tink,and picked up the same wall stickers at Walmart.I just keep picking up odds and ends and storage containers to do my room.I am trying to get me CLEAN SWEEP done first. I hope to be in my new SCRAPROOM when school starts in September. :hourglass

WOW!!!! The 12 x 12 paper storage is AWESOME!!!! Let's see . . . right behind my scrapbook corner is a set of those cubes which stores the girls Polly Pockets, Sweet Street, Bratz and Lil Bratz, Secret Central, Angelia Ballerina, and McDonalds Happy Meal Toys (Disney ONLY, of course!). I don't think they would miss them . . . do you?!?!? There is also a set of the cubes in each of their bedrooms!!! Mmmmmmmmmmmmm! (I'm BAD!) ;)

wow great scrap rooms ladies!! I am so jealous! We live in an apartment right now so my scraproom is the kitchen table! My supplies are in rolling carts, I don't have much though so it works.

We have an extra bedroom that contains two computer desks (hubby's and mine (which I use for journaling, titles, etc quite a bit)) and my scrapping area.

cc8d.jpg

466f.jpg

This corner of the room contains my desk, which contains basic household office-y non-scrapping stuff. I have two 30-shelf 8.5x11" wire paper racks for cardstock, and a set of stackable plastic office "in-bins" for patterned paper. I have storage in hanging file storage boxes (and a milk crate) for paper scraps sorted by colors, as well as for stickers, alphabets, diecuts, etc sorted by category (boy, girl, summer, weddings, etc). Spools of ribbons are hanging on a coat hanger right now, but I mean to make a nice grommeted ribbon storage box. I have eyelets, buttons, brads, etc in embellishment boxes stacked on the short blue wall to the left of the desk. Other tools, etc are in the 12x12 storage case on top, photos sorted chronologically and by category are in the 12x12 case underneath. Pens and a ruler are in a basket on the desktop, along with a halogen desklight. I have a corkboard my husband will be hanging under the shelves for me. It's a very compact space (probably about 5x6'), but everything is at my fingertips. I wish I had a larger desk surface area, and I need to organize a couple more things, but generally it's very workable for me.

I do not have any pictures of my scrapbooking room but it was once referred to as the DINNING ROOM!!! Get the picture. :rotfl2:

Kristin

Tina,
I truly LOVE your room. I do have a question though. What type of storage unit is pictured with your punches and other small stuff. I have the back half of our family room in the basement but would like it to be brighter.
I do have a Disney theme going on in that room. I am a past castmember and have lithos hanging around the room, with other items as well Please tell me your room isn't always that organized.
Pam

kidslvdizny said:
Tina,
I truly LOVE your room. I do have a question though. What type of storage unit is pictured with your punches and other small stuff. I have the back half of our family room in the basement but would like it to be brighter.
I do have a Disney theme going on in that room. I am a past castmember and have lithos hanging around the room, with other items as well Please tell me your room isn't always that organized.
Pam

Thank you!

If you are talking about the white bins on the desk, those are Tilt Bins purchased at Home Depot. They have different sizes and they stack on top of each other.

And, no the room is hardly ever that clean. I was cleaning and reorganizing that day so I snapped some pics!!!

Tina ,
Sorry for the repeated question I was surfing last night and didn't realize you had answered that question already. I'm so..... inspired to do those cubes for paper as well. I read through everything and don't get it. Are each paper shelf part of another cube? and held with strong ties? I'll look again for the directions you posted.
Pam

Tlovesdis - your room is beautiful! I love what you have your mm paints on - what a great idea!! Definitely going to use that idea. I also have those cubes from Target but I also use the cropper hopper vertical storage. I like the target cubes for putting my "in progress" l/o's in so I keep them off the floor.

kidslvedzney - you actually put one of the cubes together and then the other sides that would make up the next cube, you use as shelves in the cube you made. You secure the "shelves" by tying them to the main cube. It's easy to figure out once you have all the stuff in front of you. Just be sure to pull the cable ties very tight or else your shelves will collapse. And if you do use the cubes, save the cardboard that comes in paper packs to use on the bottom of each shelf. Otherwise your paper will get indents from the cube shelves.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter