Your party might be split up...really?

Maus

Mouseketeer
I just checked my ADR confirmations and noticed that some of them noted "your party might be split up". Really, we are two adults and a three year old. I don't want to eat if I cannot sit with my husband. Does this really happen?

For a party that size, rarely if ever (I've never heard a report of a party of 3 being split). It's a pretty common this to display when making reservations though. There have been reports (by me :p) of getting this same message when booking a meal for 1. (Hey, if that did happen, I'd really not want to eat there too! :p)

Rest assured, the 3 of you will be eating together :).

All ADRs say that no matter how big the party.

It is Disney's way of "covering" themselves if they have to set larger parties apart.

You are pretty safe with 4 or under.

No worries.

We got that message with our party of 5 (2 adults, 3 kids). It never happened. Though, maybe that would have been a way for DH and I to get a dinner by ourselves in. Put the 3 kids at one table and the 2 of us at another one. Interesting.

it's just a standard cover statement...they even put that on parties of two. Have seen it reported on parties of one, too (the visual on splitting a party of one:rotfl2:)

You will not be split, guarantee ya.:thumbsup2

They tell me that and we never were split up...don't worry they have to say that...when I booked LTT on a party night(they said we might need to put you guys on 2 different tables...my son was 2 1/2 yrs old and I said no thank you but the CM said don't worry he have to say that). We never have been seated apart in all our 4 Disney trips with our son.
Have a magical trip...

We've also see the standard disclaimer on all of ADRs and have never been split up (group of 3 usually, occassionally a group of 4). No kids in our bunch, but they still don't make someone eat by themselves.

On a side note: the only place where this might be an issue - and it's not that the party is actually split up - but at Sci Fi diner if you are seated in one of the cars, it's a little squished to get three adults into one bench, so someone might end up in front of or behind the other two. Groups of four are split into two groups of two, but you're still seated at the same car so you just have to turn around to talk with the rest of your party.

We have traveled a few times with a group of 8 and splitting us up pretty much meant that we had two tables right next to each other (usually with a bench seat on one side) so we weren't exactly "split"....just that there were 2 tables together instead of one....I can't imagine them splitting up a table of 3?? I think you are safe!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!