Your idea for a new dark ride

Cameo

DIS Veteran
OK. My DS10 LUVS WDW. He is going to work there someday. His question for this community is "What new dark ride would you like to see in Fantasyland - BUT it cannot be about a Disney movie?"

Thanks for your ideas!!

I'm having trouble understanding the question... why would you put a non-Disney themed ride in Fantasyland? The quinessential Disney experience?

I will try to stay within the resraints of the question. Even though i am having trouble thinking of anything that is not disney. Nightmare on Elm Street ride..no wait that would not fit right in fantasyland. How about a ride through SHREK's forest with all of the villians and scary forest stuff mixed in.

Here is another one that would be a complete fantasy but quite sad. The world without Disney ride. What if Disney never ex... i can't bring myself to actully type it..too sad can't see through the tears...have to go now...:sad2:

I'm having trouble understanding the question... why would you put a non-Disney themed ride in Fantasyland? The quinessential Disney experience?

I agree with you. a ride in fantasyland would have to be disney themed. it would be like putting spiderman in the wizarding world of harry potter land. it just wouldnt work

Yeah, Fantasyland is actually the land meant to have Disney-movie themed rides...

There are only a handful of exceptions I can think of, and that would be the Matterhorn at DL, and the fact the Haunted Mansion is in Fantasyland in Tokyo.

I think (?) that the original poster is asking for a Disney ride in Fantasyland but not based on a Disney MOVIE. Say a Disney tv show....etc?

I agree with you. a ride in fantasyland would have to be disney themed. it would be like putting spiderman in the wizarding world of harry potter land. it just wouldnt work

Well, I think, they would mean having no movie tie-ins like:
The original POTC
The Haunted Mansion
BTMRR
The Jungle Cruise

etc.

Monsters Inc. - Where the rider is taken through the Scare Factory and Subsiquently the Door Storage rooms. It would make for a great dark ride.

Hmmm... tricky. My theory is that (if this were something Disney were doing), they'd create the attraction, and then later generate a movie out of it.

Looking at classic literature, I'd start with "Gulliver's Travels." At least the Lilliput and Brobdingnag parts of the novel. It would be cool to see state of the art animatronic characters that are Lilliputian size. We know Disney always dumps you into a store after the ride, so there are all kinds of things that could be sold in the Lilliputian area.

It might also be cool to see "A Midsummer Night's Dream." I know you couldn't really tell the full story, but they could probably make it look pretty nice. I think it would also be fascinating to see a Disney cartoon take on any of Shakespeare's works.

Well, since Disney owns Marvel now... there are lots of different options there. Maybe a Soarin' type ride that takes you through scenes of different superhero movies?

Well, since Disney owns Marvel now... there are lots of different options there. Maybe a Soarin' type ride that takes you through scenes of different superhero movies?

Universal owns theme park rights, still, I think...

OP - For the record, I think it's fantastic that your son wants to go into creating rides, etc. for the Disney parks. Maybe you could buy him some books on Imagineering? :goodvibes

Monsters Inc. - Where the rider is taken through the Scare Factory and Subsiquently the Door Storage rooms. It would make for a great dark ride.

This exact ride exists at California Adventure. :goodvibes It's actually one of my favorites.

I think the Storybook canal idea would be super cute. It would be really fantastic as a dark ride as well.

Agreed this is a toughy. I think anything that doesn't really relate to a Disney movie would be considered too generic. I understand there's the Haunted Mansion and all that, but those have become Disney over the years. Maybe something like...a day in the life of Mickey? Or some kind of adventure featuring Mickey? There's no rides that are specifically themed to him so that'd be nice.

Traditional dark rides are no longer fashionable and somewhat boring and old hat. The last thing we need is another Pooh or "small world" in Fantasyland.

Disney should work on more innovative ideas, along the lines of an indoor coaster like The Mummy or simulator/moving rides like Spider-Man and Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey.

As for a theme, I can't think of anything that would make sense that isn't Disney movie related. Making a ride that was based on a Disney TV show would lose the appeal not long after the TV show ended. If they did come up with something original, it would end up being a movie eventually anyway (See: Pirates, Haunted Mansion).

...a day in the life of Mickey? Or some kind of adventure featuring Mickey? There's no rides that are specifically themed to him so that'd be nice.

I like this idea. Something Mickey related. Or Goofy. Maybe involving the old "Goofy instructional short" cartoons.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter