Your Hometown

Eh, nothing that exciting. My town's name is Pleasantville, so anyone who visits says, "Ooo, like the movie?!" and I'm like, "Sure, okay."

We have the Jacob Burns Film Center, which is a movie theatre in our town that only shows really "special" movies, like forgein movies or not in theatres yet movies...stuff like that. But I guess the really cool part is that famous people show up for Q and A afterwards, people like Tim Burton, Colin Firth, Meryl Streep, Scarlett Johansson, John Travolta, and Selma Hayek. It's pretty cool.

Also, Bill Clinton lives in our neighboring town, so he's always stolling by. And it's funny because my mom is pratically the leader of his fan club, so she'll run into him while walking the dog, and make him stop for pictures and stuff. I'm always like, "Oh my God..." Oh, and Vanessa Williams lives here as well. I went to dance with her kids for the longest time!

And the Reader's Digest headquarters is here too. It's weird because when people ask where I live and I tell them, they're like, "Isn't that where Reader's Digest is?" That's honestly what Pleasantville is known for the most.

well my town is like all dutch stuff. people settled here from the netherlands and they kept all the traditions alive. all of our stores (except for hyvee, walmart, arby's, and mcdonalds) sell dutch items. its really fun. oh and EVERYONE walks uptown on the weekends to shop. really fun! (just got back from uptown w/ my friends actually!)

Erm, there's...
fields?

There is nothing unique about it...it's boring, there is nothing here.

I hate my hometown...I want to move.

Our absolutely dedicated fans to our sports teams, man, yesterday I was at a game, you should see all the fans,lol.

It's 1 square mile in size.

We have 3 Medal of Honor recipiants who were from my town, all from WWI or WWII.

We are considered "The Most Patriotic Small Town In America."

I share a hometown with Emeril Lagasse and Lizzie Borden. My dad lived on the same street she did and I grew up down the street from her grave. I haven't watched Emeril in a while (is it even on any more?) but if you ever see him use chourico or linguica, yeah they're the best. They're portuguese meats and they're a popular pizza topping around here. I was shocked the last time I went to Disney World and they didn't know what chourico, chourico pizza, or coffee milk was. Almost, everyone in my hometown is portuguese. My friend who lives across the street from my dad and our other neighbors, speak portuguese all the time. By the way, if you don't know, Lizzie Borden is a famous murderess (she is mentioned in Get A Clue) and chourico is pronounced sheris.

Guess where I'm from!

It is named after the furst English Christain Martyr. It is an old Roman town, with a river (more like a trickle) running through it. It is declaired a city only because we have an abbey (we dont have enough people to be called a city otherwise) and apparently we have more pubs per square mile than anywhere else in England (but that is highly contested)

If you want to guess you can, if not, dont!

Nothing special. My hometown is made up of several smaller communities and then this main town centre thing. It's actually quite small really. The part i live in is really nice. The rest of the town ain't too pretty. I'm not really fond of the scene they've got going on.

It is named after the furst English Christain Martyr. It is an old Roman town, with a river (more like a trickle) running through it. It is declaired a city only because we have an abbey (we dont have enough people to be called a city otherwise) and apparently we have more pubs per square mile than anywhere else in England (but that is highly contested)

If you want to guess you can, if not, dont!

I don't know where that is, but that's cool that you live in England. I'd really like to go there, especially London. I'm a huge Sherlock Holmes freak and I, not intentionally, watch, and love, movies where characters live or come from England.

I don't like my hometown, it's really boring.
But I love the town where my High School is. It's absolutley amazing and it has everything.

But, if there's one thing I like in my hometown...idk. All we have is an ACME, a couple of Wawa's, some campgrounds, and boring stuff like that :\

i looove wawaa! I could live off of it!!

For those of you who dont know what a wawa is.. your all deprived;) :rotfl:

i looove wawaa! I could live off of it!!

For those of you who dont know what a wawa is.. your all deprived;) :rotfl:

I pass wawa or w/e a lot when i go to New Jersy .
Nothings special bout' were I live, well I guess the lake? but no one goes there since its like contaminated now...
and I live like less then an hour away from NYC. I guess. ?

Nothing really other than we have the Local Scoop and a golf course in my neighborhood and also a fancy restraunt in my neighborhood w/ gift shops and all but everything good is in Gleneagle which is where i live lol

Hmm...
Well its a hot spot for the snow birds!! (lol -- the retirees who drive down in their RV's and camp here for the winter)
Really good mexican food!!
Good weather (especially this time of year)

Buffalo NY

Buffalo Wings

Neil Haskel (The 3rd last guy to go home from So you think you can dance)

The Goo Goo Dolls

Chad M. Murry (From "a Cindrella Story" and "Freaky Friday")

THE SABRES AND BILLS!

That one guy from NBC news. xD

Patrick Kaleta (A Sabre from Buffalo)

Oakland, California
Home of the Raiders!!
Umm...yeah that's pretty much it lol

What I love about Scituate is the art festival. Every year tons of people come to buy the most random crafty things and eat lots and lots or greasy awesome food. EVERYBODY at my school goes there and it is absolutely awesome!!!!

It just passed the last day was today and it went from Friday it was so much fun it is the only time i feel so comfortable to eat my body weight in doughboys lol!!:love: :love: :love: ;) :thumbsup2 :cool1: :banana: :woohoo: :dance3: :upsidedow

What makes your hometown special or unique?

*if you dont feel comfortable giving your hometown then dont....just write what is unique about it

Everyone has this perception that my hometown is all that because of a certain show with the numbers 90210 and the celebs that live here, but to tell you the truth is is just another town. There are a lot of evening and weekends where a teenager cannot find anything to do. Yes there is Rodeo Drive and Big Homes and fancy cars, but it isn't all snobbery around here.

Chicago

Lots of different cultures
Lots of History
Lots of important stuffs here
Cool teams, well at least were cool like the Chicago Bulls, Chicago Cubs, and the Chicago Bears.. :woohoo:
Were a pretty big city..
But I wouldn't trade it for the world..
Chicago rox my sox :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter