Your First Meal Experience

danny1649

<font color=green>Will be wearing some lime green<
Do you remember your first meal at Disney World?Our's was breakfast at Tony's in MK.We had Two Eggs Custom and the Lady and Tramp Waffle,yummy.They brought you a basket of sticky buns and the the butter was shaped like little Mickey heads.The orange juice was so fresh and the best I think I've ever had.I sure miss not being able to get that breakfast anymore.::yes:: :wave2:

Our first meal at WDW (1996) was at El Pirata y el Perico in the MK. We had been traveling all morning and had just completed a circuit on the monorail (my first trip, DH's 1st trip as an adult) and we wanted something quick. We ordered a huge plate of nachos, with lots of extra toppings, fresh hot chips and a couple of cokes. We just eat, enjoyed watching the people and savored the fact the we finally made it to Disney.

Our first sitdown meal was at the Rose and Crown, we enjoyed a sampler of beers, two orders of fish and chips and a complimentary dessert of Lemon Posset (our first magic moment)!

Our first meal was at Chef Mickey's. The food, along with the fun and festive atmosphere set the tone for that first magical trip and sprinkled pixie dust on my "this is a once in a lifetime trip" DH. By the next morning we were already making plans to return. :D

I was 5yrs old when I visited WDW for the first time. I don't remember what I ate but we stayed at the Poly and I remember my mom getting Tonga Toast. At 5yrs old Tonga Toast is a pretty nasty site - French Toast w/bananas inside:crazy:

Now I am 32 and last year when we stayed at the Poly I tried Tonga Toast for the first time as an adult - and I absolutly loved it!! This was not my first time back to WDW as an adult, but it was my first time staying at the Poly as an adult. We are going back to the Poly in Sept. and I can hardly wait to have my Tonga Toast again. :tongue: :wave:

I THOUGHT my first disney meal was going to be at Le Cellier. See when I'm at home I don't eat breakfast or lunch because I am busy with my job (Director/Administrator of a large Child Development Center) so I didn't plan to eat on our first day until dinner time. It didn't work out that way. Amazingly enough, when I'm on vaction, and don't have a million issues popping up all the time, I get really hungry during the day.

So.... my first disney meal ended up being at Aldredos. I know a lot of people don't like this resturant, but I loved it. It was so elegant. I started with a Bellini, and it was FABULOUS. Right then I thought, WOW, I really am on vacation. The rest of the week was a blast, and we ate breakfast or lunch everyday.

Just another of the reasons I LOVE WDW - it's so different being there and I can forget about "real life"

Shellyprincess:

BTW - Did end up eating at Le Cellier and loved it too

Ours was Mama Melrose's right before viewing the Osborne Lights. And probably our least favorite WDW meal. ;)
We never have returned. But now that we live here, I would be willing to try them again sometime.

Our first meal was at Chef Mickeys. Luckily I didn't let the horrible experience ruin our families first trip (first trip for everyone except me, I went 1x as a child)

Our first meal that I remember was at the Crystal Palace with Pooh and friends. Breakfast was great and my then 17 m.o. DD eventually warmed up to Pooh.

Very vaguely- we had at Teppanyaki. We arrived at Epcot around 1:30 or 2 in the afternoon, after flying the red-eye and having a 3 hour layover in Chicago from 4 AM to 7 AM. We were so tired and our room wasn't ready at the WL, so we just went straight to Epcot. I remember being a little bit bummed cause Benihana is a favorite restaurant of ours and we love the chicken fried rice- a real treat! At Teppanyaki, they don't do the fried rice, but yakisoba noodles...but other than that it was a nice meal.

Our first meal of the 2nd trip---ugh.....don't do Chef Mickey's with two little guys, after a cross country flight, when the Mama (yours truly) has a migraine. Just don't. Decent food, great character interaction but it was just too much for us. We were tired, we were hungry, and it's hard work doing a buffet with a 2 and 5 year old.

So on the third trip we went to Kona Cafe and just like Goldilocks, the third time was the charm. Perfect atmosphere, great food, relaxing- highly recommend.

My first trip was in 1996 and I remember very clearly my first sit-down meal was at Prime Time Cafe. It was a fantastic experience! I'm sure it was a big factor in why I made a return trip just a few months later (and have since become a bona fide "disney freak").

It was my first experience at a restaurant where the servers kidded around with you and it made a lasting impression.

One of my all-time favorite pictures is of the server "forcing" me to eat my veggies!

Great thread idea! Thanks for helping me relive that moment.

Our very first Disney dining experience was in Epcot at San Angel Inn and we were amazed. My DH thought the volcano scene was the coolest thing he had ever seen. That was our first taste of Disney magic and what was supposed to be our "once in a lifetime" trip is now an annual event. We even joined the DVC when we got back!!

Our first official sit-down meal was at 50's Prime Time Cafe. I will never forget the smiles on my kids' faces when Daddy had his greenbeans airlifted into his mouth! It has been a must do since then!

Our first character meal was the Hollywood and Vine character breakfast. We miss that meal!

Like Disney movies, my trips can be divided into "classic" and "modern." On my first-ever trip in 1972 I was a little girl and the only things I remember are the castle, the parade, some of the rides, and the characters - no food memories at all! The first food on a classic trip that I remember was in 1984. I was with my best friend, and we had burgers at a stand in Tomorrowland - I can't remember the name of it.

Of my modern visits, our first meal in June 2001 was at Rainforest Cafe in DTD the evening we arrived. Our first meal in a park was lunch the next day at Liberty Tree Tavern.

Sure do!
It was Sept. 1975 and the place was Papetee Bay Verandah, located at the Poly where O'hana now resides. Beautiful restaurant, Pacific Rim cusine, 3-peice combo with Hula dancer entertaining thru-out the evening.
I remember what I had too--a fine appetizer of scallops in lime/coconut, and an entree called "Pigs n' Prawns--battered shrimp and pork loin combo. Also had a Seven Seas cocktail--I still have that souvenier glass.

My first meal was in May of 1996. We had flown in the night befor and eaten at Chili's across from the Day's Inn (now the Sheraton Safari) where we spent the first night. The next norning we checked into the Caribbean beach and headed over to the Wilderness Lodge Where we had the characxter breakfast at Artist Point. It was all you can eat family style and we had a great table next to the window where we could see the waterfall and geyser go off. I remember Goofy and Pluto being there and the food was fine though not spectacular.

I don't remember my first meal, but I do remember eating
every visit, the first evening, at the Adventureland Verandah -
and every last meal at the same place. They had the BEST burgers and fried rice and eggrolls. I was so depressed on my first visit after they closed, checking every year if they would open the restaurant. I can taste it now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter