Your Favourite Airline to USA

Hey Willow, where ya been luv?

I am here just been really really busy over the last few months with my job and my little ones. But the count down to December has begun and I am back with a vengeance!!

Glad to hear your plotting has gotten you a trip this year!! You will love WDW!!

I am flying with V Australia this October. Their prices are competitive, and their services are great. New plane, bigger seats, enjoyable flights. Plus I prefer their evening departure times, allows me to get to my destination that little bit earlier. You can rise to get a snack at anytime whereas I don't think you can with other airlines. They also provide mood lighting in cabin which allows a nice ambience.

Delta are good, too - though IMO not as good as V. Their planes are seedier, seats are smallers. Prices and food are great, though.

Qantas are good, also - but not so great they're still charging so highly.

I am flying with V Australia this October. Their prices are competitive, and their services are great. New plane, bigger seats, enjoyable flights. Plus I prefer their evening departure times, allows me to get to my destination that little bit earlier. You can rise to get a snack at anytime whereas I don't think you can with other airlines. They also provide mood lighting in cabin which allows a nice ambience.

Delta are good, too - though IMO not as good as V. Their planes are seedier, seats are smallers. Prices and food are great, though.

Qantas are good, also - but not so great they're still charging so highly.

Oh I am glad to hear this ZADS as we are flying v australia for the first time this trip. From what I have read they have good reviews, what sort of snacks can you get while on board. I am sure my kids will be up and down to check them out:rotfl2: We are also leaving on a late night flight, do they serve you breakfast first to try and make your body clock change around a little to the american times?:confused3

Oh I am glad to hear this ZADS as we are flying v australia for the first time this trip. From what I have read they have good reviews, what sort of snacks can you get while on board. I am sure my kids will be up and down to check them out:rotfl2: We are also leaving on a late night flight, do they serve you breakfast first to try and make your body clock change around a little to the american times?:confused3

The late night flight from experience and times difference and travel would arrive very late afternoon/early evening into LAX on VAust. If this is the case, you will get dinner arriving in LAX. To Orlando from LAX you may be on a Delta flight? That flight should serve breakfast as it is a longer flight. Here is their menu, doesn't look that exciting, you should be able to grab breakfast once you get to WDW, a character breakfast on arrival could be lots of fun :thumbsup2 (yes you will be in a coma, but it will be fun :rotfl2: )
http://www.delta.com/pdfs/EATS-menu-print.pdf

Kyl when we flew with V last year the snacks were basically things left over from the meals. For instance there were little bowls with a desert/cake and cheese and crackers and fruit. At one stage it was stocked with little packets of chips, but these disappeared really quickly, they certainly didn't restock them once they were gone.
We can't speak highly enough of our V experience and can't wait to fly with them again in 31 sleeps.
We are leaving Sydney at 8.30pm and I read on the webiste that dinner and breakfast will be served on the flight. I'm guessing the breakfast will be the first meal because they usually try and get you on track with your destination time.

Nope, it's dinner first. Then lights out for a veeeeery long time then breakfast when they turn the lights back on a few hours before landing.

When we went, our flight left Sydney at 9ish PM. We were starving in the airport so had Maccas. Then when we got on the plane they served us dinner (probably would have been about 10.30 or 11PM by then. Then we slept and watched movies etc. We didn't need to go to the snack bar at all because we were fuuuuull. Then about 3 or so hours before we arrived they served breakfast. When we landed it was late afternoon (maybe 4 PM or something :confused3 ) so in theory you could have had a late lunch after arriving if you felt the need but we didn't.

Arrived in Anaheim about 7ish, went to Mimi's for dinner and straight to sleep.

No issues with jet lag and were raring to go in the morning :thumbsup2

xxx

Thanks for that Aussiegirls. You answered things I was wondering myself. As last time we left Brisbane at 11.00am I wan't sure how the leaving at night went. I was thinking about it before and I thought we will really need to eat dinner at Sydney airport before departing at 8.30pm. Is there much to choose from at the airport?

Yes I thought that breakfast would be the first meal even though it is 8.30pm at night when we leave only a few sleeps after you lovintheland. But we then stop for a four hour stop over before boarding a flight to orlando from LAX. I don't know how much luck I am going to have but we leave on the Sunday night so after school on friday the kids are staying UP as long as they can. Then sleep in Sat morning and same again so hopefully they will serve breakfast first because this is what I am planing on doing at home for a couple of days prior. Well thats the plan. When we flew with qantas last year we left at 1.30pm and they served us dinner within a couple of hours then breakfast about two hours before we landed. They based our meal times and lights out etc on american time so I hope v australia will do the same?
Aussiegirls we ate at mimis last year for dinner and found their food to be v. good as well. We are planning a couple of days at the HoJo on our way home so doing disneyland as well as disneyworld can't wait!

lovintheland, there is plenty to choose from at Sydney Intl, but the problem is most of it is pretty ordinary and pretty pricey $$$$$$$. Hence the reason we had Maccas, even though we don't have it too often.

I think we will probably need to eat again before we leave this time as we are doing the same time flights (great time to fly) and will def want something to eat before 9PM. I will prob look around the airport again but I think it is likely I will settle for Maccas again as I just can't bring myself to fork out $10 for a sandwich that was probably made 12 hrs ago. :eek:

There is also Starbucks and Gloria Jeans etc, where you could just go and get a coffee and a small snack to tide you over - actually now that I think about it I will probably do that instead of Maccas - much nicer :lmao:

xxx

How are the earphones on V australia I read somewhere that they were large for children? Is this true, I don't want to carry extra headsets if I don't need to.

How are the earphones on V australia I read somewhere that they were large for children? Is this true, I don't want to carry extra headsets if I don't need to.

My son didn't have any problems with the earphones. To be honest I can't actually remember the earphones, but if they didn't fit or were a little large I would have remembered :lmao: I would not have had peace the whole flight :rotfl:

Isn't that unusual serving breakfast when you arrive late afternoon :confused3 We had breakfast when we arrived at 5.30am from Brisbane on VAust so it's strange serving breakfast when you arrive later. I actually like the breakfast, so would be happy to receive it any time during the flight, but the airlines do usually serve the meals to match the countries arrival time. So I would have thought Dinner when you depart at night and then dinner again :rotfl2:

Oh well, the food isn't too bad on VAust, well we enjoyed it, so any meal will be nice :thumbsup2

Isn't that unusual serving breakfast when you arrive late afternoon :confused3 We had breakfast when we arrived at 5.30am from Brisbane on VAust so it's strange serving breakfast when you arrive later. I actually like the breakfast, so would be happy to receive it any time during the flight, but the airlines do usually serve the meals to match the countries arrival time. So I would have thought Dinner when you depart at night and then dinner again :rotfl2:

Oh well, the food isn't too bad on VAust, well we enjoyed it, so any meal will be nice :thumbsup2

Yes my thoughts sort off, I would of thought breakfast served a couple of hours into the flight as that would make it their (americas) breakfast time and then maybe lunch or dinner? a couple of hours prior to landing. Because I think we land about 5pm LAX time. Either way I know we will be feed :thumbsup2 And then I thought would they leave the lights on? because it would be daytime over there? I kinda hope they don't because it creates a calming atmosphere for the kids when lights go off :confused3

Yes my thoughts sort off, I would of thought breakfast served a couple of hours into the flight as that would make it their (americas) breakfast time and then maybe lunch or dinner? a couple of hours prior to landing. Because I think we land about 5pm LAX time. Either way I know we will be feed :thumbsup2 And then I thought would they leave the lights on? because it would be daytime over there? I kinda hope they don't because it creates a calming atmosphere for the kids when lights go off :confused3

They will turn the lights off after whatever meal they serve, when you leave Syd at night and then they will turn them on before they serve the meal before landing, they won't turn them off again when you are only like an hour out of LAX. VAust has great cabin lighting.

Yes I am really looking forward to the cabin lighting everyone comments on that! Sounds like it is the airline of choice am I right for travelling to the USA?

Snackwise, I remember they had biscuits and chips, plus soft drink / water etc.

The headphones are good quality, slightly larger, but good quality.

You may want to check whether your flight times have changed. I just got emailed that they're bringing my 9pm flight forward to 12.15pm. A little inconvenient, but should work it out, I hope.

Still my preferred airline. I think you will be pleased with your choice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!