Your Favorite Unplugged Moment & Wish List

*NikkiBell*

Livin’ that DVC & AP life!
Now that the fifth anniversary of the DIS Unplugged has come and gone, I thought it'd be nice to talk about your favorite moment from the show and something you'd like to see on a future episode. What was the funniest, most informative, or heart-warming segment from an Unplugged episode? What is your wish list for something you'd like to see on a future show?

My favorite was Kevin's recent Boma re-review, for purely selfish reasons.

My wish list item would be to have Bob Varley back. That's not to diminish how I feel about the group now. I just can't think of anything else I would want them to do differently.

I didn't have time to send this in for the Anniversary show, but in thinking about my favorite moment, lots of moments come to mind.... the Dole Whip episode, the restaurant reviews, Spoooktacular, the outpouring after Bob's death, the curtains match the drapes moment...the list goes on and on. The Podcast Crew feels like friends who I invite into my car every week for a chat.

However, I think the episode that stands out to me most is the one in which Julie shared with us that Ferris has Down's Syndrome. I was just amazed at the positive and loving approach Julie and Corey took to sharing that news with us. As the Mom of a child with a lifelong disease, I know that the moment we learn that our children have a lifelong challenge it is shocking/devastating/unexpected. It is how we rise to the occasion after that, and how we teach our children to thrive despite the challenge, that is a testament to who we are as parents. To me, this episode is a perfect example of why I enjoy the Podcast so much and why it feels like this group of people are friends, despite the fact that we have never met.

When John gave Kathy her African name... Click click woo. Also, the opening of via Napoli. I was hysterical. Tears rolling down my face laughing. " there was a freaking shuttle?"

I always enjoy Kevin's restaurant reviews. They are usually pretty funny. Either very odd things always happen to him in restaurants or he is just so good at describing what happens- or both. :rotfl2:

Some of my favorite moments are from Bob of course, but I just recently re-listened to the Cinderellas Royal Table review with the Parfitts and the whole "my lard" and the blood clot pear was great! Via Napoli with the shuttle was another great one as well! I just realized I could go on and on remembering everything I love, so every moment on the podcast is my favorite!

As for a wishlist, I would love to hear more segments from Corey and Julie and touring the parks and surrounding areas with toddlers. I have a son who is right in between the ages of Ferris and Finley and would love to hear more tips from them. I loved the Blizzard Beach segment they did as I was there the week before with my son.

One of my very favorite shows is the early Anniversary show with Bob, where everyone talks about how the came to Florida and the DIS. The one where Pete talks about hiring Corey and how John applied for a job with Disney while on vacation and he had to go out and buy clothes for the interview and Kevin's story about his mom and the phone booth. I love that whole show and have listened to it many times.

As for a wish list....I love the DIS Forum Discussions and really miss them. It's always interesting to me to hear what threads each person picks to talk about and it's such a great discussion/interaction with everyone.

Nikki - Like you and many others that have listened from the beginning, it would take pages to list all of the favorites but most recently I loved the roundtable discussion/news segment where they were talking about Vero (Zero? ;)) beach and the turtle excursion along with the now infamous fudgey pickles. I keep that one on my iphone for a pick-me-up. Works like a charm every time - how can you NOT giggle when hear that?

The episode that touched my heart was the Remembering Bob one. I was not yet a listener when Bob was still living, but listening to everyone's memories brought tears to my eyes. Last summer when I passed the Dole Whip stand in MK, I got a Dole Whip and just sat quietly and thought back over that show and said a little prayer for Bob.
I have to say that between the creepers and the elephant poo paper, this week's show had me laughing out loud while I was walking around town this morning. I must have looked like the village idiot all by myself laughing, but I sure enjoyed it!

Ok, this is totally selfish, but...

I am getting EXTREMELY jealous of the podcast crew's trips. ABD and otherwise.

I am blessed. Two beautiful young daughters and a son on the way. So I am attached to my family and my home at this point. But I am burning fierce to go on a backstage magic tour!

ABD backstage magic, D23, podcast cruises, etc...you're killing me! :sad1:

Can't we go back to WDW dining reviews and ranting about anything outside of Orlando? Or at least don't make it sound sooooo good. Please?

I'm relatively new to the podcasts and today I had to opportunity to listen to Ben - the 15 yr old boy with autism/aspergers. Even though I've only heard about 20 podcasts so far, this was an exceptional show. There are so many lessons in it about the challenges other people face and overcome....exceptional parenting....and relating it all back to Disney was the fun icing on the cake. I wish everyone would take the time to listen to this one show.

I have one specific favorite and one general favorite. :goodvibes
Specific - the show in which Bob talked about the best place to watch a shuttle launch. If you are in a parking lot, you have to go allllll the way to the end of the parking lot for the best view. & then the crew starting busting on him. I laughed so hard I was crying. :lmao:

General - The Restaurant Reviews when Ms. Klose would join John & Kevin. My mom is elderly and in a wheelchair and I always found it helpful when they discussed their dining experiences through the eyes of someone who was in a wheel chair.

I can't think of any improvement one could make to the show except maybe more email shows, some Dis Forum shows, maybe take one forum per week to talk about what's new and exciting on the forum :goodvibes

Thanks so much for doing the shows, I love listening to them.

Penny:flower3:

One of my favorite shows was when Pete resigned from the podcast. I still have that episode saved in my iPod. His announcement exemplified the trust, respect, affection, etc., that they all have for each other. I enjoyed the rotating round tables that followed in January, but was very happy when Pete came back to the show. They are such a great group. As wonderful as they each are individually, that group really is greater than the sum of its parts. They make magic in the Bob Varley Studio and I'm so glad I get to be a part of it, however remotely.

I don't know what I'd like to see in future episodes. I really enjoy the show as it is and whenever they do a new segment, I think how great the idea was and wonder how they came up with it. That's why they do the podcast, not I! :lmao: Keep up the great work, guys!

The episode when Bob reviewed Rix Lounge (Mo-gee-tos anyone?) had me rolling. Actually I loved all of his segments even though I didn't start listening until after he had passed away. I also generally love a good Pete rant.

The carpet matches the drapes episode had me laughing so hard I was crying. :rotfl:

I can't remember the name of the bird but the podcast team was giving Walter a hard time over a name of a bird that was mistaken for a person. :rotfl:

Like so many other listeners I miss Bob, long time podcast listener. I cried when I listened to their first podcast without him after his passing.

Any Pete rant I LOVE! Loved his Austrailia ABD commentary.

I also enjoy T's "what the crap" comments.

Just about any episode with Bob. :littleangel: I still crack up visualizing him loading the ECV using boards. Bobs adventures reminded me of I love Lucy. Of course it was the gang calling him out that really made it funny.

I also love Pete's "rants"! I respect his honesty and I find it refreshing to see him "tell it like it is".

Favorite Quote: " ...Sad little crab cake...".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter