Your favorite Trip memory....

That was beautiful. Made me cry :( And no, it wasn't dust in the eye ;) Thank you for sharing that truly magical experience!

Hawkeye314 said:
I've posted this before so I apologize but it was definitly the best Disney moment of our lives.

Here's the link:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=619033
Thank you so much for sharing again, Hawkeye. What a beautiful story!! Made me cry like a baby! ( no not an eyelash, or dust, either....)
Glad your Rachel is doing well! I've been through open heart surgery with my own daughter, so I can really relate.
People who think that Disney is just a theme park have no clue what it's really all about, do they?! :grouphug:

This is a quicky and probably not half as exciting as the rest of them but my best trip memory (so far anyway) was when my boyfriend told me I was going to LOVE Tower of Terror at MGM!!! I don't like those kind of rides much so I made him go on it alone. He came out grinning ear to ear telling me I'd love it (he knows me really well and we generally like the same kind of rides so I figured I'd give it a shot!) BAD IDEA!!! Hated every last second of it...in fact, I'm probably the only 26 year old that was actually crying (not bawling like a baby or anything, just freaked out about all the up's and down's and up's and down's and....) when I got off!! NEVER AGAIN...will I ever step foot on that ride.

It's funny because as we're waiting in line he's like "have I ever steered you wrong?" and I'm like "no, I'm sure if you like it, I will too..." WRONG!!! hahaha

Where do I start, just bear with me a min. I have 3 memory's to share. All 3 mean something to me and my family! 1) My now DH and I took My then 5 year old DD( she is now 14) to Disneyland in CA. It was our first date with DD along, We got ready to go told DD we were going on a picnic,we didn't tell her where. We got to the front driveway and DD says " We're at GOOFY House!!!" We laughed about the fact that it wasn't Mickey house, but Goofy house. We had a wonderful day. Full of Pixie dust every where. That was the day I decided that My DH now, Was a keeper. He did the whole stroller thing all day! What a guy! 2) The second is so wonderful! My DH, then DBF, went to disneyland on our first date in 3 years(without the kids). 12 hours, just the 2 of us,anyway it was at night DH says lets go shopping on Main Street. He bought himself a gold band ring and me a fake heart diamond ring. He then took my hand and lead me to Snow White's Wishing well, took the ring out of the bag and asked me to marry him right there.It was like we were married right there,in our hearts anyway. WOW! I will never forget that ever. I've run out of room I will post the last one right after this one. Be right back!

Where do I start .......... 3) My DH knows how much I love Disneyland, when we lived in CA we went 4-5 times a year.In 2002, DH looked at me and said I wonder how much it would be to go to WDW. So I did the research and got the cost of everything,tell DH, DH says make the reservation. WOW! I have always wanted to go there. Fast forward to the trip , we drive to Fort Wildernness at sunrise. The first thing I see is Epcot (big Golf Ball)that's what my girls called it, then I see the Castle Tears start to fall down my face all the way to check in. I kept asking my DH to pinch me am I really here. He was tearful too! All the while our girls are asleep in the back of the van. No clue where we were. 5 days later, we had to go home, That was to best trip ever,worth every penny and then some. I hope to someday return. At some point you realize that WDW is real, all of my life I had only seen it on TV. For all of you new visitors out there, that don't know if it is worth the money, It is! Go and enjoy! Everyone should go at least once in their life!What an amazing place. :cool1: Thanks for hanging in there!

Alysa, thank you so much for showing us that precious moment. There was some real kissing going on! I too cried like a baby but it was wonderful to watch. Thankyou, thankyou!
Claire

Thanks Claire! I'm glad it made you smile!
My DD comes down to the kitchen every morning and as soon as she has had her milk she walks over to the computer and asks "Tigger? Tigger?" so she can see that clip, and when she watches it she gets this huge grin and says "I love you Tigger". I have such a hard time understanding why some people imagine that your kids have to be older to warrant going to Disney. She loved every moment of our trip and it is sooo hard to wait until next Cristmas to go again. My DH wants to have the trip saved in cash before we go - I say that is crazy talk! ;)

The only trip that I have ever taken to WDW was waaaaaay back in 1987, and I am very eager to make a return trip. I was ten years old, and I don't remember too many details about. I do remember meeting Goofy though and having him autograph my Goofy hat that my parents had bought for me! I still have the hat (later I added my own John Hancock lol), but the ears are slowly disintegrating :(

Talk about exciting! I really thought that I had met the real Goofy, had gotten the real Goofy's John Hancock, and that I had a one-of-a-kind souvenier!

I also remember going to River Country, and having a cute lifeguard on his stand getting ready to jump in to save me because I was having trouble treading water. I ended up not needing him, and didn't swim out to the deeper areas.

My family went to Pirate's Cove on that trip, and one of the holes was shaped like Mickey with the hole being right between his ears. Guess who got the hole-in-one?

Ironically, the most vivid memory that I have of that entire trip to Orlando is not a Disney memory at all. On the airplane trip there (my first airline trip) I saw a cute Army soldier a couple of rows ahead of me that I kept on staring at! I remember him smiling at me *blush*

My favourite memory from that trip has to be seeing the Atlantic Ocean for the first time-I was on a tour at Cape Canveral seeing the launching pads for NASA. I grew up in a landlocked city so seeing the giant ocean was breathtaking for me! I also lost my camera on that NASA tour :rolleyes: We stayed around so the bus could get back to see if I had left my camera on the bus. No such luck.

Thanks for al of the nice comments. Yes, WDW is more than a vacation to us .. to many of us.

Not to burden anyone with my problems but this year my family is dealing with another crisis. My wife has been diagnosed with breast cancer and is currently undergoing chemotherapy. My kids, when told of her illness a few months ago were, obviously, shocked and horrified and then ...

... the little one (Princess Rachel) piped up: "Well, Mommy is just going to have to be brave like me and then she'll get to go to Disney World to meet Cinderella too."

And, so, we've got a trip planned for next summer. Hopefully, all will continue to go well and we'll make it. If we do, I'm sure there will be some more magic.

Happy Holidays to all.

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear of your news. It seems unfair when some families are tested so much more than others. I wish you all the best holidays possible under the circumstances and hope that you can draw strength and love from each other. I am sending all the pixie dust I can muster and like Princess Rachel said, mommy will just have to get better in time for the trip. I know she will with all of you to support her. Be brave and we at the DIS will all be thinking of you.
Much love and pixie dust,
Claire

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter