Your Dream Itinerary

JPP0715

Earning My Ears
Given the recent trend complaining that the DCL itineraries are too "predictable" and "boring", below design your dream itinerary (anywhere in the world). Include embark, depart ports, length which days are sea days and length of time in each port. Just for giggles guess what DCL would price the cruise.

My Dream Disney itinerary would be

Round trip embark and debark from Dublin, Ireland my home city so that I dont have to fly to a different country and stay at a hotel pre cruise. It would be amazing to just get a taxi from my home on embarkation day straight to the cruise terminal.
  1. Embarkation Day Dublin
  2. Day At Sea
  3. Jersey, Channel Islands
  4. Day at Sea
  5. Lisbon Portugal
  6. Gibraltar
  7. Grand Canaria
  8. Casablanca
  9. La Rochella
  10. Day at Sea
  11. Debarkation Dublin

I'm booked on close to my dream itinerary- a 6 night with 2 stops castaway and 1 lighthouse. Might sound boring but Castaway is one of my favorite places I've been and I'm hoping Lighthouse feels similar! Admittedly, we haven't traveled outside of the U.S. besides 3 Bahamian Disney cruises so I haven't seen what else is out there but we don't really want to yet with little kids. I guess for a dream itinerary, I'll throw one more beach day in there.

Day 1- Port Canaveral
Day 2- Castaway
Day 3- Lighthouse
Day 4- At Sea
Day 5- Lighthouse
Day 6- At Sea
Day 7- Castaway

Oh man, this is hard. I really like gatordoc’s NE/Canadian cruise, especially if it is over the summer.

Anywhere in the world would probably be Europe, but if it’s an ideal that I could practically do I wish for more departures from the northern East Coast to save on the cost and hassle of airfare. My ideal would be fall or spring
Day 1: Embark from Baltimore
Day 2: at sea
Day 3: Royal Dockyard, Bermuda, moving in the evening to St. George’s and overnighting there, letting people travel the island to meet the ship
Day 4: St George’s, Bermuda
Day 5: At Sea
Day 6: Castaway Cay or Lookout Cay
Day 7: Savannah
Day 8: disembark Baltimore

As to what Disney would charge for it, probably around $8k for oceanview? Maybe more like $10-$12k if in this ideal scenario I also ideally get the Treasure to make the run, ha.

I know this would never happen but...

Board in Tokyo - after we have spent a few days at Tokyo Disneyland
10 days or so cruising Japan visiting Osaka, Fukuoka, Nagasaki, Okinawa, and then Shanghai
Visit Shanghai Disneyland
7 days or so from Shanghai to Hong Kong, visiting Taiwan along the way
Ending in Hong Kong where we can visit Hong Kong Disneyland

I know this would never happen but...

Board in Tokyo - after we have spent a few days at Tokyo Disneyland
10 days or so cruising Japan visiting Osaka, Fukuoka, Nagasaki, Okinawa, and then Shanghai
Visit Shanghai Disneyland
7 days or so from Shanghai to Hong Kong, visiting Taiwan along the way
Ending in Hong Kong where we can visit Hongd
I would like something similar but I would include Vietnam and I'd omit Shanghai. No interest in that park. I'd like to end in Seoul. I doubt in will ever happen on Disney, but there are some great itinerary's out there.

Embark Port Canaveral
Key West
Sea
Sea
Aruba
Curacao
Bonaire
Sea
San Juan
Sea
Castaway Cay
Return Port Canaveral

My other would be a cruise from New York that hits as many ports as possible in Maine and Canada, ending in Montreal.
Nice. My tweak would be
1 Depart Port Everglades
2 Lighthouse Point
3 Sea
4 Sea
5 Aruba - these 3 can be in any order - so long as Bonaire is not skipped
6 Curacao
7 Bonaire
8 Sea
9 San Juan
10 Sea
Port Everglades

We got a GTY oceanview for an 8-night S Caribbean, Magic last May, for ~ $3500, 2 adults. For ten nights, perhaps ask $4300. They would want $8K for a verandah (that’s probably low-ball).

But we have a 4E for 6 nights, triple dip Disney Bahama beaches, Nov on the Fantasy, with 10% discount for $3K (Platinum opening day). 60% more cruise could start around $4K for a balcony.

Leave from Ft Lauderdale and head to the ABC islands. Should be able to do it I. 7 days a long with a couple sea days
Celebrity was doing that route this Winter from Port Everglades. Eight-night cruise, with 2 Sea Days down and again back.

Seems pretty straight forward. Again, so long as your ship is not the one Bonaire opts to drop from berth privilege for their one-ship limit.

Last edited:
leave PC - go to Belize, Honduras, Costa Rica, Panama Canal, and go west to end in Hawaii! Maybe make some stops in BAja Mexico along the way to Hawaii!
"go to Belize, Honduras, Costa Rica, Panama Canal" DCL asked about these ports on a recent survey so maybe you will get your Wish.

A Greek Isles cruise in the shoulder season, like late May/early June. July it’s already too hot and too crowded. Really any European cruise in the Spring shoulder season. An Alaska cruise that includes Glacier Bay or Hubbard again.

But the ultimate dream itinerary would be a Wonders of the World cruise that starts in Rome (Coliseum), sails to Athens (Parthenon) and Jordan (Petra) before ending in Dubai. RC has this itinerary but I would love to sail it on DCL instead.

A Greek Isles cruise in the shoulder season, like late May/early June. July it’s already too hot and too crowded. Really any European cruise in the Spring shoulder season. An Alaska cruise that includes Glacier Bay or Hubbard again.

But the ultimate dream itinerary would be a Wonders of the World cruise that starts in Rome (Coliseum), sails to Athens (Parthenon) and Jordan (Petra) before ending in Dubai. RC has this itinerary but I would love to sail it on DCL instead.
They do have Greek isles cruises in early June.

Embark Port Canaveral
Key West
Sea
Sea
Aruba
Curacao
Bonaire
Sea
San Juan
Sea
Castaway Cay
Return Port Canaveral

My other would be a cruise from New York that hits as many ports as possible in Maine and Canada, ending in Montreal.
This is what I would have suggested too. Or just more longer cruises not in the summer season. Wish Disney would just try one in say… Jan/Feb time.

I would like a Southern Caribbean cruise on a Dream class ship that sails out of Port Canaveral, and in addition to the best southern Caribbean islands, it would also visit San Juan, Cuba, Key West and Castaway Cay. And it would sail when school is not in session so I could actually take the cruise instead of only being taunted by it.

I also want to sail a Disney cruise to St. Petersburg. By the time I could actually afford this trip, relations between the USA and Russia will likely have normalized, so imo it isn't too much of a stretch.

I usually don't have a preference for ports as long as it's someplace warm. I'm fine with the usual Easter/Western and Bahamian routes as long as they are out of Fl, and on one of the first 4 ships.

With that said, I have to admit, I like this one a lot! :goodvibes
Embark Port Canaveral
Key West
Sea
Sea
Aruba
Curacao
Bonaire
Sea
San Juan
Sea
Castaway Cay
Return Port Canaveral

I also agree with sailing out of NY (or Boston) but I'd still want to go south to a tropical climate. ;)

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter