you want us to pay WHAT for parking?!

I'm glaD i SAw this thread too. I was planning to go to Kimono's in 2 weeks, not I'm not sure it's worth it. There's no way I'm pay $15 to park and eat.
How far is the walk from BC or BW?

Here is the thing... the information is there. They don't hide that there is a parking fee for staying or eating there. They are up front that it exists. So, it's not really the hotels fault that people are surprised about it. It really is up to the consumer to do their homework, especially when that homework is pretty easy to do.

I agree that the restaurants should validate but as long as the resort informs guests know there is a parking fee, the resort should be free to charge it.

Staying at the Dolphin for the first time in June. Our stay at the Dolphin will be $15 more than a comparable stay at POR, including the resort fee, the parking fee and the cost for one in the party to get a shuttle from the airport. Disney resorts technically do not charge for any of these things but it is obviously included in the room price.

Here is the thing... the information is there. They don't hide that there is a parking fee for staying or eating there. They are up front that it exists. So, it's not really the hotels fault that people are surprised about it. It really is up to the consumer to do their homework, especially when that homework is pretty easy to do.

Agree, you are given the info so you can plan for it, i appreciate that they are clear about it. In our case, the times we go to the Swan and Dolphin are on Epcot Park or DHS days. Short walk or boat from the International Gateway or DHS. No extra parking cost at all. With a little bit of planning there is no need to park at S&D at all if you aren't staying there.

Il Mulino is another resaurant that validates - it might be worth checking with whichever place one is going to..

:thumbsup2 You can be frustrated by the fee, but you also need to be frustrated with yourself if you didn't read the policies they put right in front of you when you make your ADRs. I think we maybe feel it is all blah blah blah, but sometimes there is info you need to know in all of that wordage!

While the information is on the disney site which is great for folks to be informed, Its not on the swan and dolphin restaurant site. At least I couldnt find it if its there. And I obviously cant speak for anyone but myself, but I prefer to browse the restaurant site if available over the disney site for the simple fact that it would have the most up to date menu.

I think what got me the most was charging taxes on the parking. I could have done more research but even if I had, I still would have been ticked to pay so much for only an hour or so...

I never knew they charged a parking fee so I am glad you posted this. We always rent a car and stay on Disney property.

Same! We won't ever bother to eat there unless it's at Bluezoo! Silly policy to not validate for diners. We have no interest in staying there so that is not a problem for us. :goodvibes

You could always take Disney transportation to your meal then you wouldn't have to pay for the parking.

Great discussion thread and information! :)

Kimonos also validates parking.

I do not know if Garden Grove validates.

You could always take Disney transportation to your meal then you wouldn't have to pay for the parking.

Allow sufficient time if you intend to do this. At least an hour from another resort, about 45 minutes from a park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter