You Only Turn 40 Once - A Pre-trip Report

That necklace is gorgeous! What a wonderful way to mark your birthday!

Jill in CO

Oh my! The necklace is gorgeous!!! What a special idea to come up with!

and I really like the dress too :)

I'm going to be busy this next week so I'm not sure if I have time to check in before you go....but.....Happy Vacation time, Corrina!

That's a beautiful dress and the necklace is very special. Looking forward to seeing the pictures of you in them.

Love the dress what a nice colour for the holiday time. The necklace is amazing. No wonder you can't wait. I see this lady is located in the US how do you get the piece on is it waiting for you at your hotel?

Oh my! The necklace is gorgeous!!! What a special idea to come up with!

and I really like the dress too :)

Thanks. The idea has been going around my head for ages, but not in my wildest dreams would I have expected for something as beautiful and meaningful as this.

What a lovely dress and a magical necklace!

Thanks

I'm going to be busy this next week so I'm not sure if I have time to check in before you go....but.....Happy Vacation time, Corrina!

That's a beautiful dress and the necklace is very special. Looking forward to seeing the pictures of you in them.

Thanks. I am sure we will have a magical time. See you at the other end.

Love the dress what a nice colour for the holiday time. The necklace is amazing. No wonder you can't wait. I see this lady is located in the US how do you get the piece on is it waiting for you at your hotel?

I was really surprised last year that this colour suits me really well. Yes, the necklace will be waiting at the hotel for me. She does ship to the UK though.

Corinna

I am getting this holiday feeling. I am pretty much all packed up and ready to go. I still have to put a few odds and ends in the hand luggage in the morning and then I am done. I am working from 7:30 to 15:30 tomorrow and then I will head to the airport hotel were Graham will meet me. In 16 hours and 38 minutes I am officially on holiday.

Corinna

After the full VIP treatment two days earlier, this will provide a reminder what getting VIP treatment is like. I am really looking forward to this tour, which will allow me to enjoy all the highlights of the Holiday season with minimal waits.

I know that the Halloween tour has changed a little this year insofar that this year it only included Disneyland so this may be the case for this tour, too. If the reviews from last year are anything to go by, after checking in at Tour Garden at Disneyland and meeting the guide and the rest of the group, the first stop was actually at California Adventure where the guide explained a bit about Buena Vista Street and the tree there. Then the tour stops at Trolley Sweets for a sweet treat before heading back into Disneyland. I have heard different versions about what happens during the bulk of the tour ranging from learning about holiday traditions around the world to learning about holiday traditions around Disneyland. I suppose this is not why people do this tour. All the reviews that I have read commented about a window on Main Street decorated for Christmas though.

The reason most people book this tour is the VIP treatment that comes with it. According to most information, the tour includes priority access to Haunted Mansion Holiday and It's A Small World Holiday. Last year it also added Jingle Cruise. As this is back this year, I assume it will be included again.

The highlight for many people and I have to admit one of the reasons why I am doing this tour is VIP seating for the parade. I am not normally a parade person, but I usually enjoy the Christmas parades. Getting front row seating definitely appeals to me, too. The seating is near It's A Small World and therein lies a certain problem. The parade takes place twice a day and the tours are arranged that they finish with the parade. The first parade takes place at 15:00 and therefore during daylight. The second parade is at 17:45 and apparently you can see It's A Small World Holiday lighting up just before the parade starts. I have also heard that the parade is more magical at night. As long as I had planned on doing this parade, I always thought that I would go with the early tour. My eyesight is not too wonderful in the dark and I just did not think I would get the full effect out of the parade after dark. However, with a little over a week to go before I could book this, I started to second guess this decision. In the end I decided to stick with the original plan.

During the parade, there will be some more treats. We will be given some hot chocolate in a souvenir cup and a Mickey Gingerbread cookie to enjoy while we watch the parade. I think I will probably be too busy taking photos to eat and drink, but I am sure the treats will taste just as nice after the parade. At some point we will also be given a special pin. I am really looking forward to this tour.

That will be a great tour to look forward to. Enjoy the priority access and the seating!

Glad you stuck with Plan A for the parade. If you have issues with night vision, probably best that you see it during the daytime.

Enjoy the countdown and say hello to A&F for me.

The tour looks amazing! Agree with PIO a day tour better. At least you won't be tired and you get to see more details. How cute you get a cookie and pin olus a souvenir cup! I hope you have a good day at work and that your journey goes smoothly!

Most of all enjoy. Nice that your necklace will be waiting for you at hotel :-)

This is it! Safe and magical travels and...
images

It's vacation day!!!! I hope work goes well and you're on holiday in no time! :)

Safe travels and have a fabulous vacation and birthday!!!

The tour looks like another great addition to the trip.

We will both be flying tomorrow! You to start a wonderful journey and me to get home to a wonderful home of kitties!

And then when you come back, we will meet! I'm so looking forward to it!

So when Graham said, "when you see me next, I'll be on vacation" Is it that you don't see him every day/night, or did his vacation just start before yours did?

Have a safe trip and I look forward to meeting up with you in two weeks! I suppose there is nothing else to work out other than meeting you in the lobby of the GCH at noon!

Have an amazing time Corinna & Graham, I look forward to seeing your photos and reading all about it :)

That will be a great tour to look forward to. Enjoy the priority access and the seating!

Glad you stuck with Plan A for the parade. If you have issues with night vision, probably best that you see it during the daytime.

Enjoy the countdown and say hello to A&F for me.

Yes, I am glad, too. This will work much better for me.

Corinna

The tour looks amazing! Agree with PIO a day tour better. At least you won't be tired and you get to see more details. How cute you get a cookie and pin olus a souvenir cup! I hope you have a good day at work and that your journey goes smoothly!

Most of all enjoy. Nice that your necklace will be waiting for you at hotel :-)

Thanks. I will definitely have a great time.

Corinna

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter