"You Go, Girl!" August Exercise Challenge

Discussion in 'W.I.S.H' started by PollyannaMom, Jul 30, 2017.

1. sophy1996

sophy1996 DIS Veteran

45 minutes of yard work

330/1000

2. PollyannaMom

PollyannaMom I was a click-clack champ!!

Personal Numbers: 30 minutes for Friday, new total of 220/620.

Team Stats: Orange!!!!! We are at 2,503 minutes, or 26% of goal. :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Day 12: Lady

Lady is the female lead in Lady and the Tramp, which first came out in 1955. She was voiced by Barbara Luddy (and yes, you have just heard that name! She voiced Merryweather - from post 36 - as well.)

Knowing how often the spaghetti scene from that movie is copied, I had a little fun digging this morning to see what other shows had duplicated it, what pics people had posted, etc. -

Lady - A - orig.jpg Lady - copyb.png Lady - copyc.jpg Lady - copyd.png Lady - copye.jpg Lady - copyf.png Lady - copyg.png Lady - copyh.gif

3. Avatar

Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  4. sophy1996

sophy1996 DIS Veteran

45 minutes at the gym

375/1000

5. Elizabeth Smith

Elizabeth Smith Mouseketeer

Did 30 minutes at home and took my puppy on a quick 15 minute walk around the neighborhood for 45 minutes total today.

Brings my total to 119/460!!

6. Shrfleen

Shrfleen Mouseketeer

Went on a walk, adding 60 minutes today 254/620

7. PollyannaMom

Good morning, everyone, and happy Sunday!!

Personal Numbers: 20 minutes on the mini-trampoline, for 240/620.

Team updates: A new orange! :cheer2: Congrats to Elizabeth Smith!!

67% of the team is now at orange or higher!

We still haven't heard from Tasha228, littlebittyhouse, or keiraliz. - If you're out there, please check in!

Day 13 -
    Sticking with L for an extra day (see post 1) we have Lilo:

Lilo.jpg

“I'm sorry I bit you... and pulled your hair... and punched you in the face...”

“Every Thursday I take Pudge the fish a peanut butter sandwich.”

“No more caffeine for you.”

Lilo Pelekai is the deuteragonist of Disney's 2002 animated feature film, Lilo & Stitch, and most of its franchise. She is a young, orphaned Hawaiian girl who lives on the island of Kauai with her older sister, Nani, and her extended yet unconventional family of alien visitors marooned on Earth.

"Lilo" can mean "lost" or "the generous one" in Hawaiian, hence her generosity to others in the series, and possibly her loneliness.

It is quite possible that both Lilo and Nani were named after Queen Liliuokalani, the last ruling monarch of Hawaii. Lilo has the same first three letters of the monarch's name, while Nani has the last three. ( Liliuokalani -> Lilo and Nani )

Her name may also be a reference to the character Leeloo from the 1997 movie The Fifth Element.

http://disney.wikia.com/wiki/Lilo_Pelekai

Lilo is voiced by Daveigh Chase:
    Lilo - voice.jpg

sophy1996 and Twilight Sparkle like this.
  8. Twilight Sparkle

Twilight Sparkle DIS Veteran

150 minutes since last check in

745/1400

PollyannaMom and sophy1996 like this.
  9. keiraliz

keiraliz Mouseketeer

School started on Tuesday, so that explains my absence. Sorry about that! The new group of kids I have this year has more energy than I can keep up with, but I love their positive attitude, so it looks like it's going to be a good year after all. :)

120 minutes of cleaning today, so that puts me at 120/620.

10. sophy1996

sophy1996 DIS Veteran

70 minutes - morning workout and evening walk

445/1000

11. Tasha228

Tasha228 DIS Veteran

12. PollyannaMom

Dare I say..."Happy Monday, Everyone"??

I hope the weekend went well for you all!

The team is doing great, at 34%, and with three new color changes! Congrats to:
    kieiraliz, Tasha228, and Twilight Sparkle!! :cheer2:

I'm adding 20 new minutes to my own total, for 260/620, and we're beginning the M's (which we'll stay on for a few days) with:

Day 14: Marie

Marie.jpg

“Ladies don’t start fights…but they can finish them!”

Marie (voiced by Liz English) is one of the three young kittens belonging to Dutchess in the 1970 Disney animated classic “The Aristocats.”

The film was inspired by the true story of a Parisian family of cats, circa 1910, that inherited a fabulous fortune, and it was the last animated feature to be approved by Walt Disney and the studio's first to be entirely completed after his death.

The fun begins right in the opening credits, where the title at first reads "The Aristocrats." As the three kittens go by, Toulouse notices the title, removes the second r, and pushes the letters together to form "The AristoCats." (IMDb) ~

:cat: Marie used to appear at Walt Disney World, in the France area of Epcot's World Showcase, but is sadly not on the current list. :(

13. Elizabeth Smith

Went to our local amusement park yesterday and walked around there, but I have no idea how to count that, so I won't. But I did 20 minutes at home this morning before work, so my new total is . . . 139/460

14. 2manypets

2manypets DIS Veteran

I haven't posted in awhile...it was time to put our beloved 12 YO Doberman down last Thursday and I've thrown myself into exercising to help with the pain. She will be missed so much.

Adding 340

690/1000

PollyannaMom likes this.
  15. Elizabeth Smith

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss! Furry friends are so hard to let go. I'm glad you can use something positive like exercise to help cope!

16. Shrfleen

Shrfleen Mouseketeer

Adding 50 minutes today...new total - 304/620

17. sophy1996

sophy1996 DIS Veteran

18. sophy1996

sophy1996 DIS Veteran

I'm so very sorry. No matter how long we have them, it's never long enough.

19. keiraliz

keiraliz Mouseketeer

I did 20 minutes of yoga today.

140/620

20. Tasha228

Tasha228 DIS Veteran

21. PollyannaMom

It's definitely up to you what you count or not! But I've run into the same dilemma with amusement park walking, and I usually use 1/3 of the time I was there as an estimate.

I'm so sorry to hear about your dog. :hug: They truly are members of our families, and it is awful when they have to leave us.

(And please don't misinterpret my "like" of your post - it's how I keep track of whether I've entered the numbers into the spreadsheet or not!)

Elizabeth Smith likes this.