You can take the girl out of Disney, BUT………

That's awesome Jen! :dance3:

Don't forget all us "little people" when you make it to the big time! :cool2:

LOL! I'll wait to it's actually in a book before I get too cocky! :rotfl:

The Dis has been giving me fits the last two or three days and, apparently, the post that I posted an update or two back isn't showing up. I'm betting some other person is looking at my post and thinking "what the heck is she talkinga bout" cause it's posted on the wrong trip report. :lmao:

Let's see if I can remember what I wanted to comment on. The hotel you stayed in looked nice and it sounds like it was in a great location if you're visiting Universal Studios.

Wait....I wanted to comment on Claire getting the word "Bomb" out of her system. As soon as I read that, I thought about "Meet the Parents" when Ben Stiller kept saying bomb, bomb, bomb, bomb, bomb on the airplane. :rotfl:

Okay, back to the other stuff. I remember that long walk from the Universal parking garage to the park. And, I remember the moving sidewalks. We had the best time on them....we'd job, walk backwards, etc. I know, it's hard to imagine my family acting such a way but we did. :rolleyes1

The pictures of Skip and the backsack are cracking me up. Poor man wasn't sure exactly how to carry it.

I am loving all of the pictures you took while walking into the park. I had forgotten how cool the park was.

Dis is acting crazy for me too. Sometimes I post and it just sits there and thinks about it for 10 minutes.
I thought of Ben Stiller too. Thanks goodness she got it out of her system at home.
There was a little boy walking the wrong way on the moving walkway...on purpose. It looked funny. I can't imagine you guys would do anything like that. :rolleyes1
It is really a great park. And to see it with fresh eyes was great. I love Disney, but I think I overlook some stuff because I am so familiar with it.

My 10th grade English teacher's name was Richard Weed.

You guys are killing me.. ...Whats with these parents.
I also have a friend and her last name is Carr....her brothers legal name is Rusty...middle initial. "O". Who names there kid Rusty O Carr? Her parents are a bit strange though.

Jen - I swear I'm always the last one to find everyone's new trip reports; going back to catch up - I'm sure it was a great vacation!

Don't worry. I am so behind on so many TR's right now too. Today was one of those days that I just had so much to do and it must be the day that everyone is posting because I now have about 120 emails in my inbox.

I'm along for the ride as well...we are heading to IOA in six weeks, so I'm interested in your experiences. Thanks for taking the time to share your travels!

How amazing that you will be published like that. Your pictures are amazing though... so it isn't a huge surprise that someone has taken note of it "officially" :goodvibes:goodvibes

I'm finally here!!! :banana: Loving it so far, I can't wait to hear about all the adventures and the last minute fun (even though I pretty much know already! :laughing:)

Did Jeanne ever get her outfit??? That just STINKS. :sad2:

I'm along for the ride as well...we are heading to IOA in six weeks, so I'm interested in your experiences. Thanks for taking the time to share your travels!

Welcome! Thanks for joining in. I should get my next installment up tomorrow morning.

How amazing that you will be published like that. Your pictures are amazing though... so it isn't a huge surprise that someone has taken note of it "officially" :goodvibes:goodvibes

I'm kind of excited...but it doesn't take much to excite me. :laughing:

I'm finally here!!! :banana: Loving it so far, I can't wait to hear about all the adventures and the last minute fun (even though I pretty much know already! :laughing:)

Did Jeanne ever get her outfit??? That just STINKS. :sad2:

Yep, we were full of last minute stuff this time...and it was fun! (Don't tell Skip I said that)
I don't think she has. I haven't talked to her since i got back. I'll have to ask. It hasn't shown up here yet though.

How awesome that they are going to use your photos!

Can I have your autograph??:worship:

You sure can

Jennifer Dowling....Oh wait...typing isn't the same, is it? :laughing:

Congrats on having your photos published, Jen! :worship: How exciting is that!

And I can say, I met her in person! ;) :laughing:

Congrats on having your photos published, Jen! :worship: How exciting is that!

And I can say, I met her in person! ;) :laughing:

I'll be having a book signing next time we are there at the same time! :rotfl: Honestly, I have no clue which pictures wil lactually be used for sure and how long before they will go into print if at all. She had me load certain ones for her to use, and they weren't even the best. She wanted things like the parking signs and bubba gump and city walk signs. :rotfl: I am excited to see if they get used though.

After our fast walk through Seuss Landing we entered the Lost Continent.

lcbird.jpg

I just love this shot.

mythos.jpg

Ok, I like this one too.

poisedenstrition.jpg

This was a fun place to photograph, sadly we didn’t spend a lot of time here.

lcpoisiden.jpg

treasuregiftshop.jpg

walkthroughlc.jpg

oasiscoolersign.jpg

squirtyfountain.jpg

And the moment we all have been waiting for…Entering Hogsmeade!

hogsmeadeentrance.jpg

And look at the crowds!

hwexpress.jpg

It was near impossible to get a picture of the Hogwarts Express with all the people there…plus walking fast didn’t help.

hwexpress2.jpg

I just kept shooting as I walked.

hogmeadebutterbeer.jpg

hogsmeade1.jpg

3broomsticks.jpg

And then I spotted Ollivanders! The tip I had been given is if the line didn’t stretch past 2 buildings, it was a less than ½ hour. There was hardly even anyone there….WRONG!
I am guessing this is newer, but there is now a queue stretching back in between the shops near the Dueling Dragons exit. We got in the line and at first it didn’t seem too bad…but it was!
Skip wanted to know what ride this was. I told him it was just a little show I wanted to see (and hoped Claire would be picked for) and the lines were long for it all day, so this was the best time to see it. He wasn’t necessarily happy, but he went along with it.

While waiting, I took pictures of everything I could see in line.

dervishandbanges.jpg

hogwarts1.jpg

hogwarts2.jpg

I have a thing for castles (who doesn’t right?), so I kept taking pictures of it over and over.

hogwarts3.jpg

hogwarts4.jpg

2012-03-27_08-13-12_982-1.jpg

Doesn’t Skip look so excited to be waiting in line?

waitingforwandshow.jpg

wandline.jpg

Claire had to play with Perry a little bit more.

perryonrail.jpg

Glad to see you started your new TR! Can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip. I haven't been to US in years, it was actually fairly new and IOA wasn't finished yet. One of these days I'll get back there.

Congrats on getting some pics in a Passporter book! :thumbsup2 That is really cool, but I'm not too surprised, you do take some nice pictures.

The Chimneys were all crooked on the top of the buildings. Skip just didn’t get why they would do such a thing.

crookedchimney1.jpg

whyisitcrooked.jpg

crokkedchimney2.jpg

While waiting, I got the feeling that they hadn’t even opened the doors yet. I knew they could only hold a small amount of people for each show, but we literally never moved a step for at least 20 minutes. Eventually we started moving though.

hogwarts5.jpg

hogsmeade2.jpg

hogsmeade3.jpg

lampinhogsmeade.jpg

hogwarts6.jpg

hogwarts7.jpg

hogwarts8.jpg

As we got to the door they asked us how many and I said 3 and they let us in and we were the last for that group. Darn it, I figured we would be in the back and not able to see well, but actually we walked in and just stood there ……front and center. (We had waited about 40 minutes for the show)

We saw Ollivander look around for kids and I hoped…but it wasn’t meant to be. (Actually there were more adults than kids in there too.) He looked at 2 kids who looked to be about 10-12 years old. He asked if they got along well as they had a great chemistry. The Mom totally misunderstood and it was kind of funny. She pointed to her DH and said us? And he said no, those two, and then she pointed to herself and one child, and said me and him? LOL! Ollivander was patient and finally she figured out that it was the kids she was talking about. And some of us laughed and said No they don’t get along, they are brother and sister.

wandshow1.jpg

They went up and he selected wands for them. As they waved the wands, boxes would move and lights would flash. Claire loved this.

wandshow2.jpg

wandshow3.jpg

wandshow4.jpg

It was very dark in there and you had to use a flash if you had any hopes of getting any pictures….and you were allowed to as long as it wasn’t a LED flash, which we were told were what iPhones had.

wandshop1.jpg

wandshop2.jpg

wandshow5.jpg

The show is very short and cute, but this is not something we’ll have to do again. Skip’s thoughts…what a big rip off…all they want to do is sell you a wand. LOL

As we walked out, Ollivander talked to Claire and asked her age, and I replied 8…wait no 7. Why did I say 8? LOL Anyways he talked to her for a minute and suggested a few different types of wands for her when she was old enough to go to Hogwarts. I think he suggested Birch or Elder, which I was surprised, because I thought people didn’t want Elder….if you have read the stories, you know why.

They had us split in 2 directions to leave the shop and we emerged out to where they sold wands. Again, Skip was disgusted that they were pushing wands so hard. Luckily, Claire didn’t fall for it and insist on buying a wand. I wasn’t opposed to her getting one, but they are pricey and I knew it would be a novelty that would wear off in 45 minutes.

We next made our way over to the bathrooms.

wwohpbathroom.jpg

Moaning Myrtle is in both bathrooms….moaning of course. Claire was amazed by this as well. She wanted to know why a ghost would live in the bathroom and asked a lot of questions about her over the course of the next few days.

wwohpbathroomstalls.jpg

publicconvienences.jpg

Next on our agenda was Forbidden Journey, so we worked our way over there.

hogsmeadewindows.jpg

Glad to see you started your new TR! Can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip. I haven't been to US in years, it was actually fairly new and IOA wasn't finished yet. One of these days I'll get back there.

Congrats on getting some pics in a Passporter book! :thumbsup2 That is really cool, but I'm not too surprised, you do take some nice pictures.

It was a fun trip, so different than our normal Disney days.
Thanks. I'm sure it will be awhile before we see any pics in there of mine as the book has to be written yet. :rotfl:
I'm just tickeled that she considered some of mine.

Love all the Harry potter world photos! It really looks like the movies! As to your comment about the Elder Wand....dont forget who the last TRUE holder of that wand was! So it can't be a bad thing lol. Sorry I am a wicked Harry Potter geek.

I'm really enjoying seeing some new theme park scenery through your eyes Jen!

And as for Moaning Myrtle in the bathroom......doesn't that fancy camera of yours have video? Would be interesting to hear!

Bummer Claire didn't get chosen. I had my fingers crossed for you! Maybe they sensed her true Disney heart.......:lovestruc

Love all the Harry potter world photos! It really looks like the movies! As to your comment about the Elder Wand....dont forget who the last TRUE holder of that wand was! So it can't be a bad thing lol. Sorry I am a wicked Harry Potter geek.

I love the Geeks! :lmao:

I'm really enjoying seeing some new theme park scenery through your eyes Jen!

And as for Moaning Myrtle in the bathroom......doesn't that fancy camera of yours have video? Would be interesting to hear!

Bummer Claire didn't get chosen. I had my fingers crossed for you! Maybe they sensed her true Disney heart.......:lovestruc

No it doesn't have video, but my point and shoot does, but I would feel just slightly weird video in a bathroom...maybe next time. :laughing:

Yeah, more great pictures!!!!!! :thumbsup2

I have to say that some of the photos en route to Harry Potter land could have been mine. I have some VERY similar ones! :lmao:

Thanks for all the photos of Potter. We saw that area when it was built and it really looks nice. Unfortunately neither Tom nor I have read the Potter books so no connection.

I LOVE the photo of Skip looking up to the leaning chimney! It cracks me up! :laughing:

Shame Claire wasn't chosen, but the ceremony looks neat.

Can't wait for more! popcorn::

Wow, I have GOT to get to Universal one of these trips!! I actually gasped when you said Moaning Myrtle is in the bathrooms! How cool!!!

Yeah, more great pictures!!!!!! :thumbsup2

I have to say that some of the photos en route to Harry Potter land could have been mine. I have some VERY similar ones! :lmao:

Thanks for all the photos of Potter. We saw that area when it was built and it really looks nice. Unfortunately neither Tom nor I have read the Potter books so no connection.

I LOVE the photo of Skip looking up to the leaning chimney! It cracks me up! :laughing:

Shame Claire wasn't chosen, but the ceremony looks neat.

Can't wait for more! popcorn::

I have many more from some of those areas. I wish we would've done more now that I think back. But we were laid back this time and had a good time.
The Harry Potter is really col to look at. I just wish it was bigger.

Wow, I have GOT to get to Universal one of these trips!! I actually gasped when you said Moaning Myrtle is in the bathrooms! How cool!!!

It was pretty cool. It's just her voice, nothing showing her that I could find....and I looked. :laughing: I think it would be cool to have her pop up very so often, but then it might scare some kids.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter