You can take the girl out of Disney, BUT………

Great update!

:scared1: I can't believe the gal on the scooter. There always seems to be someone like that. On our last trip, my dd had a collision with some gal on a scooter. She kinda barreled right over the top of dd's foot... and that made her scooter kinda tip... it was a scary moment for all...and if I am honest, it kinda made me wonder why she wasn't paying a bit more attention since she was the driver and dd is only 7... kids tend to shift around... so when she stepped into the way of this gal...I think that the gals should have seen her.

Looks like you are going to have a fun day!

I think some people on scooters need to take some classes and not jsut on driving but manners. now I know not all people ar like this, but there are several that are. They feel like they are special and entitled. I seem to have encounters with those for some reason. This lady just had a sour look and like I said, never once looked and just ranned back at full speed. Then you have those who just honk their horn to get you out of their way.
And again, I know some really nice people who use a scooter, and I know it's needed, I'm not faulting anyone for that. But just have some manners.

Man, I can just feel the first day excitement! :banana:

And you're a bank robber? And here I just thought you were a car thief! :laughing:

Well.... I'm a jack of all trades!
I really have a ton of money stashed in offshore accounts. :rotfl:

It was exciting! It was over stimulating for my eyes. I probably walked with my mouth wide open. Good thing my camera was in front of my face most of the time so I didn't look stupid. :rolleyes1

They should have given you the extra key to get into the car if the Fob wouldn't work, you know the one....a brick to smash in a window!:lmao:

My hubby's door thingy is broken and while we are waiting for a new one we have to use the key. Everytime he uses the key the alarm goes off until he can start the truck. UGH. Good thing he only uses the truck on weekends!

Skip seems to be a witty one! Nice backsack pictures!:rotfl:

Great the family was up and at'um! How long did that last!:laughing:

Watch out for scooter people, they are outlaws!:scared1:

We actually had 2 fobs and still we had problems. I really think it was partly user error, because we had no idea how to use them :rotfl2:

That picture you commented on on facebook...Skip pretty muc hsaid the same thing. :laughing:

:lmao: I need Orbit gum sometimes! ( dirty mouth? Clean it up! Chew Orbit gum!)

:lmao: You could help Skip turn innocent road names into dirty names then.

I have to say, there is an exit in Michigan....exit 69, and the road name is Big Beaver Road....you can NOT tell me they didn't do that on purpose. :rolleyes:

:lmao: You could help Skip turn innocent road names into dirty names then.

I have to say, there is an exit in Michigan....exit 69, and the road name is Big Beaver Road....you can NOT tell me they didn't do that on purpose. :rolleyes:

Oh My!:rotfl2:

We have a chiropractic clinic in the next town, Pe niss, ( had to put a space or get blocked!) I can't drive past it without thinking how I would have changed my name before putting the sign up!:rotfl2:

I highly suggest staying onsite. You'll get early entry and unlimited express pass usage.
If you don't stay onsite, at least stay at a good neighbor hotel where you can get early entry. Thats a MUST if you want to have less crowds in Harry Potter. It's a madhouse there.

It was a madhouse in October!

I have looked at staying at a Universal hotel. Believe it or not, that is who we used to book through before we got married! lol We were big Universal fans and would just drive to Disney for the MK. lol

I would be afraid to tell River they were checking for bombs. I don't think he would be able to hold the word in and I would be a nervous wreck until we were out of the airport:laughing:

Thats funny Skip say he doesn't have to go to the bathroom and then runs there at the last minute. Sounds just like River he never has to go until we get in the car!

Thats horrible that you curtains woulden't close in your room. I always have to sleep with a sleep mask no matter if I am at home or on vacation I have to have total darkness.

That would have made me crazy with the door locks. Whats wrong with the old way of just putting your key in the lock?

River thought the moving walkway WAS a ride. He would always just stand still on it so I would have to stand there with him but I made him move all the way over to the side so people could get by:rolleyes1

Your pictures are reminding me of our walk in last June. I loved taking pictures there!

Love the updates, and Skip carrying the sling-bag! :rotfl:

I don't know why he carried it that way. I guess he's not used to carrying anything. :rotfl:

Oh My!:rotfl2:

We have a chiropractic clinic in the next town, Pe niss, ( had to put a space or get blocked!) I can't drive past it without thinking how I would have changed my name before putting the sign up!:rotfl2:

We have a Dr in the area that does vasectomy's. His name is Richard Tapper. I bet you can guess what nickname everyone uses for his first name. It was like he was born just for that job. :laughing:
Thre is also a guy who tractor pulls name Richard Peters, he goes by Rick, but Skip refers to him as the D word. I swear these parents don't think when they named their kids. :rolleyes1

It was a madhouse in October!

I have looked at staying at a Universal hotel. Believe it or not, that is who we used to book through before we got married! lol We were big Universal fans and would just drive to Disney for the MK. lol

Thos onsite hotels look fabulous! I would love to stay sometime.
I know several people who prefer Universal over Disney. They do have some great rides there.

I would be afraid to tell River they were checking for bombs. I don't think he would be able to hold the word in and I would be a nervous wreck until we were out of the airport:laughing:

Thats funny Skip say he doesn't have to go to the bathroom and then runs there at the last minute. Sounds just like River he never has to go until we get in the car!

Thats horrible that you curtains woulden't close in your room. I always have to sleep with a sleep mask no matter if I am at home or on vacation I have to have total darkness.

That would have made me crazy with the door locks. Whats wrong with the old way of just putting your key in the lock?

River thought the moving walkway WAS a ride. He would always just stand still on it so I would have to stand there with him but I made him move all the way over to the side so people could get by:rolleyes1

Your pictures are reminding me of our walk in last June. I loved taking pictures there!

Yeah...I really should've thought before I told her about the bomb thing. Luckily she kept her mouth shut. I think the thought of a strip search scared her enough. On the way home Skip set the alarms off because of his hip and they had to do a thorough search on him, but not a strip search, ;), so she might know I was telling a bit of a tall tale there.

Skip thought the walkway was a ride on the way out too. :laughing: He said he was done walking!

I'm not sure if I'll get an update up today or not. I have to write an article for my blog and update it with my TR, and I have been putting it off. It shouldn't take too long, but then again, I haven't touch it for 2 1/2 weeks. :rolleyes1

I had to share a little excitement though.
I got a PM from one of the gals on Passporter. I post my TR's there as well. This girl writes for Passporter and she has fabulous TR's as well. I want to be her because she travels to all these great places.

Anyways, she sent me a PM and asked if she could use some of my Universal pictures for the books. Most likely it will be in the Brittish Holiday one and possibly another. It was kind of exciting. My name will be attached to the photos used, so I'll be a celebrity! :cloud9: Ok, not quite a celebrity, but as close to one as I'll ever get. :dance3:

Yay I found it!!! Looking forward to catching up on what you have so far~ :thumbsup2

Yay!!! You found me! And Welcome! I also have a PTR going for our upcoming cruise in Nov. Thats in my signature. the Universal dreams one. It was a 2 for 1 PTR. I still have a ton of planning to do...it would help if I just won the lottery...then I could do all I want to do without a worry. ;)

I'm not sure if I'll get an update up today or not. I have to write an article for my agencies monthly newsletter and I have been putting it off. It shouldn't take too long, but then again, I haven't touch it for 2 1/2 weeks. :rolleyes1

I had to share a little excitement though.
I got a PM from one of the gals on Passporter. I post my TR's there as well. This girl writes for Passporter and she has fabulous TR as well. I want to be her because she travels to all these great places.

Anyways, she sent me a PM and asked if she could use some of my Universal pictures for the books. Most likely it will be in the Britsh Holiday one and possibly another. It was kind of exciting. My name will be attached to the photos used, so I'll be a celebrity! :cloud9: Ok, not quite a celebrity, but as close to one as I'll ever get. :dance3:

Congrats! That is so awesome that your pictures will be published!

Jill in CO

That's awesome Jen! :dance3:

Don't forget all us "little people" when you make it to the big time! :cool2:

The Dis has been giving me fits the last two or three days and, apparently, the post that I posted an update or two back isn't showing up. I'm betting some other person is looking at my post and thinking "what the heck is she talkinga bout" cause it's posted on the wrong trip report. :lmao:

Let's see if I can remember what I wanted to comment on. The hotel you stayed in looked nice and it sounds like it was in a great location if you're visiting Universal Studios.

Wait....I wanted to comment on Claire getting the word "Bomb" out of her system. As soon as I read that, I thought about "Meet the Parents" when Ben Stiller kept saying bomb, bomb, bomb, bomb, bomb on the airplane. :rotfl:

Okay, back to the other stuff. I remember that long walk from the Universal parking garage to the park. And, I remember the moving sidewalks. We had the best time on them....we'd job, walk backwards, etc. I know, it's hard to imagine my family acting such a way but we did. :rolleyes1

The pictures of Skip and the backsack are cracking me up. Poor man wasn't sure exactly how to carry it.

I am loving all of the pictures you took while walking into the park. I had forgotten how cool the park was.

Jen - I swear I'm always the last one to find everyone's new trip reports; going back to catch up - I'm sure it was a great vacation!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!