You Better Start Believing in Success Stories, You're in One! Nov. W.I.S.H Challenge

Happy Monday!

Food exchanges - a couple times in the past 6 or so years I've gone gluten and dairy free and I"m to the point where I need to go there again. I've been having an awful cough, usually when I'm getting ready in the morning but also sometimes in the evening and in the past that's been a symptom of gluten/dairy. I did manage to walk past Starbucks this morning and am waiting for the office cafe to open, to get a proper breakfast. Baby steps.

Letting go of the past - I know I am not letting go, but exactly what I'm hanging on to is a bit fuzzy for me, as I haven't been focused/working on it for quite a long time. I'm taking up the charge again in 2017 and getting back to work on myself, which isn't to say there hasn't been growth/change going on its more the deeper more spiritual side that's needs some love and attention.

Had a really nice weekend. Saturday for the first time ever I bought my Christmas tree in November: it'll stay on the front porch most of this week, while I rearrange the living room to accommodate... it's super cute, my second year to get a small 4 foot tree. I did a bunch of different errands and running around Saturday, it ended up feeling like about three days all rolled in to one. Sunday I spent the bulk of the day out at my yarn store doing some communal crafting. The teacher was someone I really admire and it was great to finally get to meet her. The class was on making prayer weaving's, using gods eyes as the base to do embroidery work. When I got home I felt totally different, its hard to articulate but there was a fundamental shift which is a very good thing. It felt odd to come to work this morning, like stepping backwards in to something that wasn't going to fit any longer. We'll see how the days goes from here.

Hope everyone has a lovely week.

Last edited:
This is a clinical dietitian that I really like, and I have been on few lectures she did

and another talk on food and mood.

I hold on to the past in everything. I weight I do a lot. I used to be skinny I miss the time I was able to do and eat what I want without worrying about it. I fall back into this every once in while.

++++++++

Today it was back it school and work for us. My daughter and I had a doctors appointment first thing this morning. She had a mole that looked weird and I had a weird spot and and really dry spot on my leg. About 10 years ago I had precancerous cells on my back so I was really worried about what the Dr. was going to say. Good news it both of our spots are fine and my dry spot is part of my eczema and the dry skin that I have. Yeah no more worrying. It took me a month to get in. Then right after I got to work my sister texted to let me know my niece has lice and she spent the night on Saturday. Ugh!!! thankfully my husband is working from home and started washing everything but lots of work for me when I get home. I had the nurse at the school check my daughters head and thankfully she is fine so far. I do still need to check her and wash all the bedding and bag up her stuffed animals and dolls. This is going to kill my daughter but it is only a week. We will get through it.

Also today the Major college in Ohio (Ohio State University) had what they thought was an active shooter on campus. It has come out that he used his car as a weapon and then used a knife. Cop was on scene within a minute or so and shop the kid. 10 college kids were sent to the hospital and thankfully all with non life threatening injuries. I have been following this all day. They are now saying that the kid was only 18 and they are looking at it as a possible terrorist attack but they don't know for sure yet.

What a Monday. I am kind of ready for it to be over and start a new day. Soon enough though. 3 more weeks and I am on Vacation for 2.5 weeks. Hope everyone had a great day.

If you tell me that you are a fellow ginger, I might just fall over.

haha - nope not a ginger - brown turning grey was too fast for my liking!

It only works long term (calorie counting) for people that like maths. I went to collage to study applied maths and IT, I always loved maths in school and work with numbers in work. It won't really work in my opinion for my husband for example as he would hate doing it.

Well that explains it - maths and I are not friends lol

How are you at letting go? Once you decided to get healthy did you leave your unhealthy self in the past or do you still carry it with you? If you do, do you find it trying to get out again? If you were able to let it go what is your secret to not looking back?

I haven't let go yet .... I am moving towards it .... I have trouble letting go of things - my DS16 jokes it is a family trait as most of us can hold a grudge in my family especially my mum, me and DS16 has that tendency too.

I did have a small victory last night at the grocery store. I didn't pick up any sweets like I wanted to. Christmas season has the most tempting goodies!!!

:banana: healthy dancing banana for you for fighting the sweets urge!

The only downside is that I seem to have caught some sort of bug and lack and motivation to do any exercise. My throat and head hurt and I'm just tired and blah

Hope you feel better soon :-)

I used to be skinny I miss the time I was able to do and eat what I want without worrying about it.

I hear you! I so miss those days - I didn't appreciate it or my body enough back then - although I do think I recall my mother warning me it would catch up with me one day ....

Also today the Major college in Ohio (Ohio State University) had what they thought was an active shooter on campus. It has come out that he used his car as a weapon and then used a knife. Cop was on scene within a minute or so and shop the kid. 10 college kids were sent to the hospital and thankfully all with non life threatening injuries. I have been following this all day. They are now saying that the kid was only 18 and they are looking at it as a possible terrorist attack but they don't know for sure yet.

Just saw that on our local news - just plain scary these incidents.

I hear you! I so miss those days - I didn't appreciate it or my body enough back then - although I do think I recall my mother warning me it would catch up with me one day ....

Just saw that on our local news - just plain scary these incidents.

I never appreciated it either. I never thought I was skinny. What i wouldn't give to have that body back. It was cheaper too. Because I am so short I was able to still fit in a size 14-16 in the lids section until about my mid 20's when my hips started to get bigger.

Is it little quieter here? Few of the maintainers are missing, hope they are doing ok

December is the hardest month of the year but it's also most rewarding if you manage to stay on course, isn't it? I am looking forward for it

So, I am not sure how to view this months. At my lowest I was 131 lbs (October pre holiday). I came back from holiday 132. Struggled little and went up (possibly pms) and down back to 132lbs

But I feel

I was really honest about it and persistent in my efforts to get back to my happy range.

Maybe my calorie estimation at WDW were not that accurate. But still, 1 pound up after 2 weeks of Disney is not bad at all! And I still feel if I didn't do it, the damage would have been bigger. I would do it again (estimating during vacation)

I didn't reach my goal on the scale, but I got back to my normal behavior. It took me few weeks to settle bac, but you can't compare at all this time to what was back in 2014 when I continued to regain weight post WDW vacation

It makes huge difference to loose weight slowly, happy and flexible. Returning to something that allows for you to be happy and doesn't feel like a torture. I recall doing the no sugar diet weight loss 2014, it felt soo super easy and lost so much weight. I went in Orlando, I had no control over added sugar on DDP and it felt I am off so I may as well treat it as off. I return to long nights, cold and trying to go back to no added sugar felt crazy hard! I never managed to do it.

I feel great to be honest. I feel that I achieved my goal to remain in maintenance. I think it's reasonable to expect maintenance to be a range, and not specific number. I am going out with friends this Saturday, I bought few lovely outfits for nights out in December and I can't help but remember how down I felt last November and how much happier I am this. it's not all about weight, but sure feeling content with myself helps!

It's amazing what difference a year makes.

Being at maintenance is pretty awesome! Not every day but right now it feels easy and happy :)

Have a happy & healthy day All

@HappyGrape I know you will hit your maintenance groove and find that range of weight you can be happy with that lets your clothes fit how you want as well as enjoy everyday life and special occasions. I enjoyed watching the videos you posted - the first one particularly - just good simple advice and strategies :-)

People - I can't believe November is almost over!!!! December and Christmas is approaching at warp speed - and I'm even closer than all of you was I'm a day ahead lol

I have seemed to pick up another virus. I started Sunday night with a bad cough. I am now a little congested and woke up at 1 last night with a fever. the fever seems to be gone for now. I am completely frustrated with being sick again. the last few weeks have been horrible. I haven't been able to really work out. I just want to get back on track. over Thanksgiving I only gained 2 pounds that I lost over doing sick the other week so I am still doing pretty good. I have only lost weight because of being sick and not the right way. Hopefully this does not last long and I can get back on track soon.

While Calypso rages and creates a massive whirlpool, the crew of the Black Pearl and the crew of the Flying Dutchman engage in one last epic battle.

battle.jpg

While Davy Jones is otherwise occupied Jack Sparrow manages to steal the chest containing his heart. Elizabeth and Will have Barbossa marry them as they are fighting off Jones's creatures.

marriage.jpg

Elizabeth then comes face to face with Jones. He knocks her out and Will comes to her rescue. But Will forgets one important detail, Davy Jones's heart is not in his body. Jones goes to kill Elizabeth but stops short when he looks over to see Jack standing there with his heart and a sword ready to stab it. So Instead of killing Elizabeth he decides to stab Will instead, knowing that would do the most damage.

stab.jpg

Bootstrap Bill sees what is going on and tries to stop Davy Jones. Suddenly we see the heart get stabbed. But it isn't who you think it is. Jack has made Will stab the heart. It turns out Jack could do the right thing, even though he wanted to be the immortal captain of the Flying Dutchman, he gives it up so Will may live.

will stab.jpg

Now that Davy Jones has died, Jack takes Elizabeth back to the Black Pearl. The sea has now calmed and the Flying Dutchman is gone. As the Black Pearl approaches Lord Beckett's ship, the lord thinks he has won. But then the Flying Dutchman rises from the depths with it's new captain, Will. Both ships open fire and Lord Beckett is destroyed.

LB.jpg

That is how the terrible reign of Davy Jones comes to an end.
How did your month end? Did you meet your goal? Did you learn anything for next month?

I have seemed to pick up another virus. I started Sunday night with a bad cough. I am now a little congested and woke up at 1 last night with a fever. the fever seems to be gone for now. I am completely frustrated with being sick again. the last few weeks have been horrible. I haven't been able to really work out. I just want to get back on track. over Thanksgiving I only gained 2 pounds that I lost over doing sick the other week so I am still doing pretty good. I have only lost weight because of being sick and not the right way. Hopefully this does not last long and I can get back on track soon.
Sending hugs and healthful thoughts your way. Hope you feel better soon.

If we're talking about just weight and health I'm stepping out of November in basically the same place as I stepped in, but I also feel like there have been changes, shifts and progress. The month flew by so fast that in some respects I feel like I never even caught my breath, but then I think of the the time spent in the knitting and weaving/embroidery classes and they feel slow, deep and rich. I'm also torn by the need to go into winter hibernation mode, sleeping as much and as often as possible, but also needing to get up early and stretch the days out. Somewhere I read someone musing about getting up in the middle of the night just to feel what that is like, and I think I'm going to try it... I get up at 3am for first kitty feeding anyway, so a couple mornings I'm going to stay up and just sit for a while.

Thinking about my minimum weight/health goals for December, but don't have them mapped out quite yet. Also thinking about my other intentions for the month: I need to develop a practice of daily reading and of getting outside to walk everyday regardless of the weather (unless its really, really bad). I have more deep cleaning to do around the house (those dreaded cupboards and closets). One of the gals I follow on Instagram is making Friday sewing day, instead of knitting day, and I am going to follow along. I'm also developing a practice of donation... yesterday I sent money to one of the camps at Standing Rock, today for Giving Day it will be Old Dog Haven (a local group dog rescue group that specializes in seniors) and ALS for my SIL. So I guess the overall theme for December is going to be practice and ritual.

Here's to a peaceful and healthy Tuesday for all!

feel better soon

How did your month end? Did you meet your goal? Did you learn anything for next month?

I am ending the month on 61% - not enough exercise - I am really struggling to get back into that routine. Take out crept up compared to last month but not as bad as has been some previous months. I need to find a way to stop resisting exercise and just do it as they say - I need to focus on planning for meals/lunches and making sure I shop for that plan not just plan and then not have the ingredients readily available.

2 weeks of work left for me - so much to get done and so little time! I have big ideas for getting out of the house and being more active these holidays - I just need to make sure I follow through. I am finding it tricky to remember to have my snacks morning and afternoon as it has been out of my routine for a while - and I am not starving and looking for them - yesterday by the time I remembered in the afternoon it was almost 5 and the staff room was already locked when I went to grab it! oops - but it is there ready for me this morning so I guess that is a bonus.

I did not meet my goal for November but I am good with it. It was a really tough month with lots of temptation so not gaining is a victory. I think I learned that I shouldn't put extra pressure on myself during tough times. Let's see if that sticks lol.

Since getting back I have been trying to not binge on unhealthy snacks. So far I have been successful choosing fruit & nuts instead of breads & sweets. I have been extra hungry since getting back, I think it is because I am running harder.

Only 33 training runs left until marathon week!

@HappyGrape are you in Ireland or am I confusing you with another poster? Rock n Roll has a half marathon in Dublin in August I am thinking about signing up for it.

I am ending the month on 61% - not enough exercise - I am really struggling to get back into that routine. Take out crept up compared to last month but not as bad as has been some previous months. I need to find a way to stop resisting exercise and just do it as they say - I need to focus on planning for meals/lunches and making sure I shop for that plan not just plan and then not have the ingredients readily available.

2 weeks of work left for me - so much to get done and so little time! I have big ideas for getting out of the house and being more active these holidays - I just need to make sure I follow through. I am finding it tricky to remember to have my snacks morning and afternoon as it has been out of my routine for a while - and I am not starving and looking for them - yesterday by the time I remembered in the afternoon it was almost 5 and the staff room was already locked when I went to grab it! oops - but it is there ready for me this morning so I guess that is a bonus.
I have a problem with resisting exercise too. I don't know why because afterwards it always makes me feel better. The only thing that helped me break it was signing up for races and not wanting to embarrass myself or lose out on the entry fee.

November and December nobody wants to talk about weight loss or healthy eating & living! But it's also busy
This is so true!
If we're talking about just weight and health I'm stepping out of November in basically the same place as I stepped in, but I also feel like there have been changes, shifts and progress. The month flew by so fast that in some respects I feel like I never even caught my breath, but then I think of the the time spent in the knitting and weaving/embroidery classes and they feel slow, deep and rich. I'm also torn by the need to go into winter hibernation mode, sleeping as much and as often as possible, but also needing to get up early and stretch the days out. Somewhere I read someone musing about getting up in the middle of the night just to feel what that is like, and I think I'm going to try it... I get up at 3am for first kitty feeding anyway, so a couple mornings I'm going to stay up and just sit for a while.

Thinking about my minimum weight/health goals for December, but don't have them mapped out quite yet. Also thinking about my other intentions for the month: I need to develop a practice of daily reading and of getting outside to walk everyday regardless of the weather (unless its really, really bad). I have more deep cleaning to do around the house (those dreaded cupboards and closets). One of the gals I follow on Instagram is making Friday sewing day, instead of knitting day, and I am going to follow along. I'm also developing a practice of donation... yesterday I sent money to one of the camps at Standing Rock, today for Giving Day it will be Old Dog Haven (a local group dog rescue group that specializes in seniors) and ALS for my SIL. So I guess the overall theme for December is going to be practice and ritual.

Here's to a peaceful and healthy Tuesday for all!

Love that your developing a practice of donation. This is another area where I have the best of intentions but never get around to actually doing it.

Calypso has a hard time letting go of the past. How are you at letting go? Once you decided to get healthy did you leave your unhealthy self in the past or do you still carry it with you? If you do, do you find it trying to get out again? If you were able to let it go what is your secret to not looking back?

It probably won't shock anyone to know that I'm not so great at letting go. I'm trying to ease into my healthy self so to not create too big a shock. All or nothing strategies always seem to backfire for me.

I was thinking about it last night and I've had a lot of failed attempts over the years to blast off the fat and find my inner thin person (I know she is in there - I vaguely remember her). So now I'm trying to approach it as slowly excavating the thin person. Hopefully this time next year I will be a success story instead of a tentative first step story!

I hold on to the past in everything. I weight I do a lot. I used to be skinny I miss the time I was able to do and eat what I want without worrying about it. I fall back into this every once in while.

++++++++

Today it was back it school and work for us. My daughter and I had a doctors appointment first thing this morning. She had a mole that looked weird and I had a weird spot and and really dry spot on my leg. About 10 years ago I had precancerous cells on my back so I was really worried about what the Dr. was going to say. Good news it both of our spots are fine and my dry spot is part of my eczema and the dry skin that I have. Yeah no more worrying. It took me a month to get in. Then right after I got to work my sister texted to let me know my niece has lice and she spent the night on Saturday. Ugh!!! thankfully my husband is working from home and started washing everything but lots of work for me when I get home. I had the nurse at the school check my daughters head and thankfully she is fine so far. I do still need to check her and wash all the bedding and bag up her stuffed animals and dolls. This is going to kill my daughter but it is only a week. We will get through it.

What a Monday. I am kind of ready for it to be over and start a new day. Soon enough though. 3 more weeks and I am on Vacation for 2.5 weeks. Hope everyone had a great day.

I'm so glad to hear your dermatologist visit ended with good news. But then lice reports.... ick! Hope they stay away and that your daughter 's week without the stuffies goes quickly.

Maybe my calorie estimation at WDW were not that accurate. But still, 1 pound up after 2 weeks of Disney is not bad at all! And I still feel if I didn't do it, the damage would have been bigger. I would do it again (estimating during vacation)

That is really amazing! Great job!!

I feel great to be honest. I feel that I achieved my goal to remain in maintenance. I think it's reasonable to expect maintenance to be a range, and not specific number. I am going out with friends this Saturday, I bought few lovely outfits for nights out in December and I can't help but remember how down I felt last November and how much happier I am this. it's not all about weight, but sure feeling content with myself helps!

I love your attitude and your confidence.

Oh no! Hope you feel better soon!

did your month end? Did you meet your goal? Did you learn anything for next month?

I'm waiting until morning and the bitter end to weigh-in. I know it is unlikely that I'll hit the goal or even be close to it, but we will see :)

I'm still proud of my two weeks or so though. I feel like I've made a start. I think I've tripled my produce intake (easy when it was practically nil to begin with, but still progress). I've been at least thinking about what I am eating even when I'm not actively trying to stop making bad food decisions.

For next month, I think I learned that I CAN do this. And I will.

I did not meet my goal for November but I am good with it. It was a really tough month with lots of temptation so not gaining is a victory. I think I learned that I shouldn't put extra pressure on myself during tough times. Let's see if that sticks lol.

Since getting back I have been trying to not binge on unhealthy snacks. So far I have been successful choosing fruit & nuts instead of breads & sweets. I have been extra hungry since getting back, I think it is because I am running harder.

Only 33 training runs left until marathon week!

@HappyGrape are you in Ireland or am I confusing you with another poster? Rock n Roll has a half marathon in Dublin in August I am thinking about signing up for it.

I think you also have the victory of being an awesome month leader. You inspired me, that's for sure!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter