Yogurt that tastes like McD's parfait?

mrsklamc

<font color=blue>I apologize in advance, but what
I like the yogurt in McDonald's fruit and yogurt parfait...anything similar in the grocey store? I can't seem to find anything similar. (And I told my DH the DIS knows all.):rotfl:

Didn't someone post once that it's really just Dannon yogurt with a butt load of sugar in it? Or did I imagine that? :lmao:

I don't know what kind it really is...but I can't eat anything but Yoplait. The rest just taste :scared:.

I love that yogurt! But our local McDonald's infuriates me because when I try to get some, they almost always put the fruit in still frozen. I can't tell you how many times I've gotten down the road to find the fruit inedible.

I like the yogurt in McDonald's fruit and yogurt parfait...anything similar in the grocey store? I can't seem to find anything similar. (And I told my DH the DIS knows all.):rotfl:

McDonald's has a fruit and yogurt parfait??? Wow, I have not been in a McDonald's in years....I think I need to get back there!!! :woohoo:

Stoneyfield Farms has a low fat vanilla yogurt that I just love! I mix that with grapenuts trail mix cereal or fresh berries :love:

you haven't had GOOD yogurt until you indulge in plain full fat organic, just bought some that is absolutely divine with fresh berries. I bought plain non fat in the large container of Yoplait a few weeks ago, tastes terrible like sour cream that has been watered down and chemicals added. Other nonfat brands don't taste like that mess. YUCK!

Making my own with organic milk is a close second to the one I just bought..but sometimes I don't want to wait 8 hours to process adn a few more to cool off.

I wish I could find a vegetarian alternative for the parfait from McD's. But Panera has a YUMMY equivalent that's gelatin free!

:cool1:

Thanks for the suggestions. Dr. says I need to eat one yogurt a day and YUCK! the ones I have tried so far are awful!

I think McD's is a vanilla with a few packets of either splenda or Equal. I can really taste the artificial sugar in it when I get it.
Every time I do get it the fruit is frozen solid. I don't know how they do that since the yogurt is always soft, not frozen.

you haven't had GOOD yogurt until you indulge in plain full fat organic, just bought some that is absolutely divine with fresh berries. I bought plain non fat in the large container of Yoplait a few weeks ago, tastes terrible like sour cream that has been watered down and chemicals added. Other nonfat brands don't taste like that mess. YUCK!

Making my own with organic milk is a close second to the one I just bought..but sometimes I don't want to wait 8 hours to process adn a few more to cool off.

Stoneyfield Farms Whole Milk French Vanilla yogurt mixed with Bear Naked Triple Berry Granola. OMG, it is heavenly. :cloud9:

Also, love the Strawberries and Cream Whole Milk and the Whole Milk Blueberry (and I have never ever like Blueberry yogurt before this. You actually ger real tiny 'wild' blueberries in it). :love:

It's not full fat yogurt, it's lowfat yogurt. From McDonald's website:

Low Fat Yogurt: Cultured pasteurized Grade A reduced fat milk, sugar, food starch-modified, fructose, whey protein concentrate, corn starch, kosher gelatin, natural (plant source) and artificial flavor, potassium sorbate (added to maintain freshness), artificial color.
CONTAINS: MILK.Low Fat Granola: Whole grain rolled oats, brown sugar, crisp rice (rice flour, rice bran, salt, and malt), dried high maltose corn syrup, honey, sunflower oil, salt, baking soda, sodium aluminum phosphate, apple puree concentrate, soy lecithin, cinnamon, crushed oranges, natural flavor (vegetable source).
CONTAINS: SOY LECITHIN. Strawberries: Strawberries, konjac flour. Blueberries.

I agree that they are VERY tasty! And only 160 calories and 2 grams of fat. :thumbsup2

It's not full fat yogurt, it's lowfat yogurt. From McDonald's website:

Low Fat Yogurt: Cultured pasteurized Grade A reduced fat milk, sugar, food starch-modified, fructose, whey protein concentrate, corn starch, kosher gelatin, natural (plant source) and artificial flavor, potassium sorbate (added to maintain freshness), artificial color.
CONTAINS: MILK.Low Fat Granola: Whole grain rolled oats, brown sugar, crisp rice (rice flour, rice bran, salt, and malt), dried high maltose corn syrup, honey, sunflower oil, salt, baking soda, sodium aluminum phosphate, apple puree concentrate, soy lecithin, cinnamon, crushed oranges, natural flavor (vegetable source).
CONTAINS: SOY LECITHIN. Strawberries: Strawberries, konjac flour. Blueberries.

I agree that they are VERY tasty! And only 160 calories and 2 grams of fat. :thumbsup2

The icecream cone has less calories and fat, though!
Also, does anyone remember when the parfaits were bigger? Suddently, they were in this "dixie" cup.:confused3

The icecream cone has less calories and fat, though!
Also, does anyone remember when the parfaits were bigger? Suddently, they were in this "dixie" cup.:confused3

I remember that. They used to have 2 sizes -- a large and one from the dollar menu. I like the smaller one personally.

Don't know the brand that McDonald's uses but it's definitely a vanilla flavor. I've had it and didn't notice that the yogurt is anything unusual so go out and buy a low-fat vanilla yogurt. Probably Dannon I'm sure.

OP--if your doctor really wants you to eat a yogurt a day and you don't like it, start out with a full-fat variety. Some other posters have given some good brands. Now, I personally don't like Stoneyfield Farms since they changed their formula about 5 years ago and added the inulin to it--it just makes me feel bad.:confused3 One variety to try if you can find it is the Brown Cow "Cream Line" yogurt. It is full-fat and has a layer of cream that is on the top that is to die for (IMO). The maple flavor is excellent. Our Safeway used to sell it but no longer does. Sometimes you have to go to a Whole Foods to find it. I've also found it at Wegman's. Caution though: There is nothing dietetic about it and ice cream maybe would have less calories. But, it does have the live active cultures which is what I'm assuming your doctor wants you to have.

if its about live cultures and you really can't find a yogurt you like, could you maybe just take acidophilus? they come in capsules and can be found with vitamins and such

if its about live cultures and you really can't find a yogurt you like, could you maybe just take acidophilus? they come in capsules and can be found with vitamins and such

Walmart carries acidophilus supplements called Digestive Health. GNC also carries something similiar. FYI...you will experience certain side effects the first week or two of taking any acidophilus supplement.......

:cool2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter