Yippee! Our much needed MAW trip at GKTW Dec. 5-16

Hi! Just read through your PTR and your kids are beautiful! I'm glad everything worked out for your trip. It sounds like it'll be perfect. December is so beautiful at Disney World.

Your kids slay me. They are so adorable!

Thank you! They are pretty fun to watch too. :cutie::cloud9:

Is it a bird, is it a plane? No it's super E and K.:rotfl2:

Yes! Exactly.:rotfl:

Hey there!!!!! :wave2:

You have a beautiful family! Our daughter was diagnosed with a Wilms Tumor a few weeks after her 1st birthday. She was only a stage 1 though and didn't need radiation, but she had a nephrectomy and needed 6 months of chemo too.

We went on my DDs Wish trip last December 1-7. It was a great time of year to go. While the crowds were a little busy, it was great seeing all the resorts and parks decorated for Christmas. I haven't read through every page of your PTR yet but if you have any specific questions let me know. :goodvibes

Tim

EDIT: I just realized my DD and E birthdays are only 5 day apart! Her birthday is March 11!!! And she just turned 5 this year. :)

I think your trip report was one of the first I read when I came to DISboards.:love: In fact, IIRC, it was the one that made me mention going this time of year when we were looking at dates so thank you so much for sharing your wonderful PTR.:)

Thank you so much for your offer to answer questions. How neat that our DD and DS's birthdates are so close!

SOOOO excited for you all as you get ready for this fabulous experience! The kids are just adorable and win over my heart. I know its alot to plan for and think about but just remember the wonderful time you will have with the kids and create amazing memories of a happy, happy time!!! Can't wait to hear all about it when you get back.

Thanks so much! It is a lot of planning but it's the good exciting kind. I know there is going to be so many wonderful moments. We were amazed at how little we can do at DLR since having kids and it still being so much fun and so special. One of my favorite trips was walking around following DS and we barely even did rides that day. There's so much ambiance just being at Disney that can't be replicated anywhere else.pixiedust:

Love the pictures of the kiddos.. so cute!!

Thank you!

Hi! Just read through your PTR and your kids are beautiful! I'm glad everything worked out for your trip. It sounds like it'll be perfect. December is so beautiful at Disney World.

Thank you! We're so happy too.

So, last week I was contacted by one of The Big Givers(am I allowed to say who?) and she asked me if our family would like to be a part of The Big Give. I was completely surprised!!! I remembered reading about it months ago when I first came to DIS in the wish thread and never imagined we would be chosen. I didn't even know how to accept something so generous except to say a huge thank you!:lovestruc I've always appreciated hand-made items since I was little because my Great-Aunt was a hobby seamstress and made me so many beautiful things growing up. I also had my fiber art business and met so many wonderful WAHMS and crafters. So what these ladies and gents are doing is so close to my heart. The non-handmade items are so wonderful too and it always looks like so much thought and effort are put into choosing them.

I hope some day when we get our life situated a bit more I can be a part of it myself. In fact, last year I started a small group of crafters to help me make handmade items for the children at Evan's Children's Hospital to take at Christmastime and we're doing it again this year. I appreciate the effort each and every one of you put into this very much. To take something as wonderful as a wish to Disneyworld, and make it all that much more magical... It's just something any family that has the honor to be a part of it will never forget. Thank you so much again!

Today we received our first Big Give! It came at such a good time too. Evan has been really down with Daddy being gone all week at his new job and he lit up instantly when he found out what was on our doorstep! It was from DISmember: mommy2mrb

Evan was so patient with me working on getting the settings right on the camera. Keira, I had to chase a few times.:yay:
IMG_0309.jpg

Really interested in what could be in the box
IMG_0310.jpg

Keira couldn't wait to get it out and look inside
IMG_0311.jpg

"Oh my gosh Mom! I got glow bracelets!"
IMG_0316.jpg

IMG_0318.jpg

Silly Putty. Which he later described to Daddy as gluten free playdough.:rotfl:
IMG_0319.jpg

So excited about her Minnie ear headband!
IMG_0325.jpg

Showing off her fun Minnie straw.
IMG_0328.jpg

Both looking at their wonderful gifts. Evan could not stop chattering in excitement the whole time he was opening.
IMG_0336.jpg

She loves her princess bracelet.
IMG_0341.jpg

Evan's spread included a Cars watch, glow bracelets, a Toy Story yo-yo, Toy Story glider, Mickey Mouse cup, a Disney gift card, a Buzz Lightyear hotwheels, a Cars sticker activity book, Cars crayons, Cars war card game, Toy Story bandaids, a Mickey fun straw and Silly Putty!!! Wow!!! He loves it all so, so much and couldn't stop talking about it all and playing with it all day. I put the bracelets up for our trip. ;)
IMG_0345.jpg

Keira got a Minnie ear headband with interchangeable bows-which she loves, a princess bracelet-also a huge hit, a minnie straw and cup- more on that in a bit, Princess hair ponies, and a Disney Tinkerbell play pack. So much cool stuff and she just ate it up!
IMG_0343.jpg

When I was looking at Evan's things with him Keira ran over to her new obsession- pushing the button on the water cooler and filling her new Minnie cup and climbed back on the couch and used the straw. Mommy didn't even have time to wash it.:eek: Oops! At least she likes it, right?
IMG_0349.jpg

Evan is in love with the Cars watch! As soon as he opened it he said, "This is what I've always wanted! How did she know that's what I've always wanted?" He has not taken it off- still!- and told me the time about every 15 minutes since I set it.
IMG_0353.jpg

I kind of wished I had video taped them opening because of all Evan was saying. "This is so awesome! This is what I've always wanted! Mom, I got ___! How did they know I'd want this!" all on repeat and with much more enthusiasm than the pictures captured. Keira did some cute things too but she was too quick to get clear pictures of it all. Anyway, thank you so much for your generosity Lisa, Megan and Birch! You made our day. :cloud9:

YEAH!! I am so excited you were selected for the Big Give!! It is such an amazing experience!! I can't wait to see what's to come! I love how excited the kids are for every single thing. Owen got a little cars watch too and loved it SO much.. he wouldn't take it off!! Your kids look so sweet. :) Can't wait to meet you guys!!

So happy to see our package brought so much happiness to your little cuties! thank you for sharing all the photos and their happy faces! it is always fun to pick out our goodies for our Big Give families, it brings lots of joy to our hearts!

Thank you! I'll have to find a place in our bags to put the extra bag. :laughing:

The kids were playing dress up tonight and I snapped this with my phone.

329035_2158815451230_1271839605_31903863_1374341638_o.jpg

They crack me up!

:cloud9: That is such a sweet photo.

And :woohoo: for the Big Give items.

Congrats on being selected for the big give. We loved everything we recieved via the big give and still treasure every outfit. And that was 2 years ago. :rotfl2:
Can't wait to see what you all recieve next.:love:

How exciting. You can see the joy in their faces when they are opening up the gifts. Love the watch and the cool headband with the different bows - how cute!

Your kids are too cute. and congrats on the big give.

Thanks so much!

YEAH!! I am so excited you were selected for the Big Give!! It is such an amazing experience!! I can't wait to see what's to come! I love how excited the kids are for every single thing. Owen got a little cars watch too and loved it SO much.. he wouldn't take it off!! Your kids look so sweet. :) Can't wait to meet you guys!!

Can't wait to meet you guys too! We're in the home stretch.:) It's so fun watching them get so excited about the gives as they're opening everything.

So happy to see our package brought so much happiness to your little cuties! thank you for sharing all the photos and their happy faces! it is always fun to pick out our goodies for our Big Give families, it brings lots of joy to our hearts!

Thank you again! It brought happiness the whole weekend, E even took everything to Grandpa's house yesterday.

:cloud9: That is such a sweet photo.

And :woohoo: for the Big Give items.

Thanks!

love the big give :goodvibes

Thank you!

How exciting. You can see the joy in their faces when they are opening up the gifts. Love the watch and the cool headband with the different bows - how cute!

They really loved it all.

We received another awesome Big Give today!:cool1: Report and pics coming up shortly.:goodvibes

Daddy was home today when the Big Give arrived so he got to watch and help with excitement as the kids opened their goodies.:cool1: As the kids got ready to open it, E suggested that he had the perfect idea, he wanted to open it on his Mickey bed. ::MickeyMo: So I told him to straighten up his bed and room.:laughing: Of course he excitedly did. This DIS Big Give business is great for clean-up.:cool2: This came from DISmember crissyjb.

Waiting for the go ahead to open
IMG_0380.jpg

Dig in kiddoes
IMG_0381-1.jpg

It's one of their absolute favorite snacks, freeze dried Mickey fruit!!!
IMG_0382.jpg

K still happy about the fruit as E finds the card
IMG_0384.jpg

Snap Pea crisps! And a Minnie backpack for sister!
IMG_0389.jpg

Wait, what's this?
IMG_0392.jpg

Yay! It's one for E too! I think you can see how much he loves it.
IMG_0400.jpg

K got an Aurora straw cup! And continues her straw testing trend.:rotfl:
IMG_0408.jpg

A puzzle and Winnie the Pooh maracas
IMG_0421.jpg

More glow bracelets which E is really excited about using. And K is trying out that straw...again.
IMG_0423.jpg

Excited about more awesome goodies
IMG_0433.jpg

Sounding out the card
IMG_0434.jpg

An awesome collection of goodies including 2 custom backpacks with their names embroidered, a Cars coloring felt, a Cars puzzle(which E already put together), glow bracelets, Cars tattoos(a HUGE hit), a Cars gameset, Princess spoons and fork set(which K used for dinner), Winnie the Pooh Maracas(so fun), an Aurora straw sippy(of course which she loved), a Princess bath book, a Minnie book, a bag of Snap Peas(on of their favorites), and Mickey freeze dried fruit!!! Again, everything was perfect for them and there wasn't anything they weren't super excited about. It kept them occupied for a long time this afternoon.:cool1:
IMG_0439.jpg

E trying on his new cool Cars backpack(which is light enough to be perfect for him in the parks)
IMG_0440.jpg

A very, very happy E
IMG_0441.jpg

K of course wanted hers on immediately too(and mama will tighten the straps before we go)
IMG_0442.jpg

K clapping in excitement
IMG_0443.jpg

Playing with their new gear together
IMG_0444.jpg

Again, thank you soooo much for all the wonderful things Chris!:love: You made E's wish trip all that much more special. All of you Big Givers are very appreciated in our family. J loved getting to watch the excitement today. I still can't believe this is happening for us.

Love all the pictures! Congrats on being selected for the BIG GIVE!!!

I love the backpacks the kids just received! How cool!!!!! There were a lot of gifts in that one box!!! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Oooooh! I love Big Give time! So much wonder in such small boxes! Such creative people making such special things! I know I gushed to no end in my PTR about the amazing things people sent my girls, but truly--each one was sprinkled with so much magic and love....

Love the backpacks and all the pixie dust! The kids must be getting so excited. It's like Santa's elves are sending things early! Eeeek!

Seeing your kiddos reminds me so much of my own!

you can just feel their excitement! so cute!
love the little backpacks! just the perfect size for them!

So late to the party but precious babies and ya for big give items! I love that you use it to get rooms clean BRILLIANT !

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter