Yet Another Trip - Just Can't Get Enough! Complete: Wolfgang Puck Express!

Great review of Citricos! We had an excellent meal there in 2009. It was 1A to Artist Point's being #1.

So when is the next trip? :goodvibes You wonderful reviews and pictures are getting me thru the wait for ours! :upsidedow

All I can say is thank goodness I already have Citricos booked for Oct so you dont have me running to change a thing :lmao:

Citricos is our hands down favorite signature...cannot wait to go back there and I hope they have the sampler appie that you had, it looks amazing

Thanks for the wonderful review of Cirticos

You photos are excellent by the way :thumbsup2

We are trying lunch at HBD on our next trip and I am now wondering if I should switch it to Citricos :confused3

I've always wanted to try HBD though, oooh decisions decisions :laughing:
Honestly, I would do both. :goodvibes If anything, Brown Derby's cobb salad would be a pretty reasonable lunch OOP. I didn't love my last entree there (the salmon), but the Old Hollywood atmosphere is really fun, and on longer stays I almost always have a pleasant lunch there.

And now we need to try Citrico's too!

Thanks for the great review! I can't wait for your next one.
Thanks for reading! And I'm sure you would definitely love Citricos. This meal was fantastic. :cloud9:

Great review of Citricos! We had an excellent meal there in 2009. It was 1A to Artist Point's being #1.

So when is the next trip? :goodvibes You wonderful reviews and pictures are getting me thru the wait for ours! :upsidedow
I'm hoping to do a longer dining review at the end of August. This time we're planning on trying all of the signatures in one trip :cheer2:

All I can say is thank goodness I already have Citricos booked for Oct so you dont have me running to change a thing :lmao:

Citricos is our hands down favorite signature...cannot wait to go back there and I hope they have the sampler appie that you had, it looks amazing
I also hope they keep the tapas appetizer on the menu! It's just so thematically appropriate for Citricos, and it has some very interesting preparations. Citricos really delivered in every way!

Wow Citricos sounds absolutely fabulous! Like really fabulous. We have ressies for July 23rd at 8pm. I cannot wait!

I'm hoping to do a longer dining review at the end of August. This time we're planning on trying all of the signatures in one trip :cheer2:

We'll be there from 8/25 thru 9/5. :cool1: Trying Narcoossee's and Yachtman Steakhouse for the first time. Nervous about Narcoossees but I figure we have to try it for ourselves. Giving Le Cellier as a signature a try ... always loved our meals there. Also going to Artist Point, Jiko & Cali Grille -- had great meals at all of those previously. I have debated giving Flying Fish another try after a so-so meal in 2009 but I just can't fit it in. 10 days of deluxe dining and still not enough time to hit all the places I want to! :laughing:

We'll be there from 8/25 thru 9/5. :cool1: Trying Narcoossee's and Yachtman Steakhouse for the first time. Nervous about Narcoossees but I figure we have to try it for ourselves. Giving Le Cellier as a signature a try ... always loved our meals there. Also going to Artist Point, Jiko & Cali Grille -- had great meals at all of those previously. I have debated giving Flying Fish another try after a so-so meal in 2009 but I just can't fit it in. 10 days of deluxe dining and still not enough time to hit all the places I want to! :laughing:
It's always great to try new places - you never know how you feel until you try it! I've honesty enjoyed my food more at Narcoossee's than Flying Fish, but I wouldn't recommend the Narcoossee's surf n' turf. And I'm sorry your meal at Flying Fish wasn't better, but it's nice to hear that there are other people who weren't totally blown away there. :rotfl:

Agreed that there's no way to fit everything in - WDW has so many places to eat! Sounds like you have some great meals planned though, so I'm sure you'll have a great time.

It's always great to try new places - you never know how you feel until you try it! I've honesty enjoyed my food more at Narcoossee's than Flying Fish, but I wouldn't recommend the Narcoossee's surf n' turf. And I'm sorry your meal at Flying Fish wasn't better, but it's nice to hear that there are other people who weren't totally blown away there. :rotfl:

Agreed that there's no way to fit everything in - WDW has so many places to eat! Sounds like you have some great meals planned though, so I'm sure you'll have a great time.

We don't eat lobster so no surf & turf for us! I was definitely feeling like something is wrong with us for not loving FF! DS and I don't eat much seafood but DH likes it. And we did try the signature snapper which we liked. It was the everything else that just didn't "do it" for us. We'll get back there some day ... as you said too many other places to try! We only get there one a year and now that we have also fallen in love with Disneyland, maybe every other year so I need to cram in as many restaurants as we can!

We don't eat lobster so no surf & turf for us! I was definitely feeling like something is wrong with us for not loving FF! DS and I don't eat much seafood but DH likes it. And we did try the signature snapper which we liked. It was the everything else that just didn't "do it" for us. We'll get back there some day ... as you said too many other places to try! We only get there one a year and now that we have also fallen in love with Disneyland, maybe every other year so I need to cram in as many restaurants as we can!
I love Disneyland! I've only been there once in 2008, and it's so much fun as well - I love how everything is so condensed and within walking distance. I'm hoping to go there sometime after Cars Land opens, since getting to LA is a bit more difficult than Florida. We remember loving DL's counter service food in comparison to WDW, and not liking the table service as much (although we did enjoy Napa Rose). So when we go to WDW we have to take full advantage of the selection of restaurants. :goodvibes

I love Disneyland! I've only been there once in 2008, and it's so much fun as well - I love how everything is so condensed and within walking distance. I'm hoping to go there sometime after Cars Land opens, since getting to LA is a bit more difficult than Florida. We remember loving DL's counter service food in comparison to WDW, and not liking the table service as much (although we did enjoy Napa Rose). So when we go to WDW we have to take full advantage of the selection of restaurants. :goodvibes

Exactly! Dining is just not a huge deal in DL. We missed Napa Rose last year but it is at the top of my list if we make it there next year! I avoid most CS places in WDW (except for a few EPCOT places!) but in DL, that seems to be the way to go.

Definitely looking forward to your next review although it sounds like it will have to wait til after our trip!

Yay I'm so glad Citricos is back in your good graces! It's my favorite signature and I ordered the same app and dessert in early June!

The Tapas plate had a snapper dish instead of the clams when I went, and there was no crostini with the lamb then.
That cake was amazing!

The salmon and langoustines look gorgeous and sound amazing. Thanks for the lovely photos! I can't wait to go back, hopefully in October!

Exactly! Dining is just not a huge deal in DL. We missed Napa Rose last year but it is at the top of my list if we make it there next year! I avoid most CS places in WDW (except for a few EPCOT places!) but in DL, that seems to be the way to go.

Definitely looking forward to your next review although it sounds like it will have to wait til after our trip!
I'm definitely going to do my best to get the review up. :goodvibes Unfortunately, late-August coincides with the start of another university year, so I might not have as much time to write, but I'll do my best to get the pics up at a minimum.

Yay I'm so glad Citricos is back in your good graces! It's my favorite signature and I ordered the same app and dessert in early June!

The Tapas plate had a snapper dish instead of the clams when I went, and there was no crostini with the lamb then.
That cake was amazing!

The salmon and langoustines look gorgeous and sound amazing. Thanks for the lovely photos! I can't wait to go back, hopefully in October!
I can't wait to see your review of Citricos! I actually really wanted to try the olive-oil poached snapper with black grape and celery salad (I think that's what the tapas appetizer originally included) but it was too late. Still, it was a really nice starter (and I also loved that cake with strawberry and balsamic). :cloud9:

On our last day, we decided to grab a nice lunch at the Beach Club Marketplace. A lot of people don't like it because it doesn't have a lot of variety for a counter service location, and while I agree with that, we still like the items that they do have.

My mom chose the riptide salad, which you can customize to include whatever you want. Some of the mix-ins she chose are chicken, olive, tomato, egg, and sunflower seeds, and she was happy to be able to customize the salad completely:

IMG_1304.jpg

I chose the turkey and mozzarella sandwich on a sourdough baguette, and I added on lettuce and basil mayo. I asked for the sandwich to be served warm, so the cheese was slightly melted and creamy which I like. The turkey had a smoked flavor, and I liked the added crunch from the lettuce and softness of the bread.

IMG_1305.jpg

My mom really enjoyed the yogurt parfait with some granola, nuts, and mixed berries. There was a sweet honey flavor in the yogurt.

IMG_1309.jpg

IMG_1310.jpg

Finally, I chose the mango sorbet that was in the freezer. Beach Club Marketplace used to have a daily selection of gelato, but that went away in order to add a generic pastry rack. Fortunately, they now keep some gelato in the freezer - I think the other flavors included chocolate and cookies and cream. The mango was fruity and refreshing.

IMG_1311.jpg

Overall, I like the Beach Club Marketplace. It has some lighter sandwiches and salads available, and even a few sushi rolls that apparently come from Epcot's Japan. Recently, the Marketplace added flatbreads too, so the selection isn't as sparse as it used to be. It might not be the most satisfying counter service meal around, and seating is quite limited, but we still like the food (it's also the main merchandise location and provides some grocery items for the nearby villas).

There were a few hours in between our meal at Beach Club Marketplace and our late flight home, so I decided to have an early dinner somewhere. For the first time in over 2 years, I hopped on a bus and went to Downtown Disney, and I decided to try Wolfgang Puck Express for the first time.

The menu has some nicer options than other CS locations, so I decided to try the oven roasted salmon with fennel, tomatoes, arugula, roasted potatoes and horseradish cream. This was an amazing counter service dish. The salmon was nicely roasted, and I liked it very much with the refreshing salad, fennel, and warm potatoes. The sauce had a nice kick from the horseradish (and I think lemon too), but it was also creamy.

IMG_1312.jpg

I liked this dish a lot, but it was very expensive for counter service: over $22 for the salmon and a bottle of water (I didn't realize you could ask for water in a glass). With tip, it was even more. Next time, I'll get a glass of water instead (so I can get refills - I drink a lot of water). One thing is clear about WPE - it's definitely one of the best uses of a counter service credit around, considering both the food quality and cost OOP. :)

Thanks for reading this latest set of reviews. I'm really happy to say that these were some of the best meals we've had at Disney in a while, especially Yachtsman, Jiko, and Citricos. Looking forward to next time! Until then, I know I'll be passing the time by the other great reviews here. :surfweb: :thumbsup2

I looooove WPE. They have a BBQ chicken salad that makes my mouth water!

Thanks for all of the reviews! I can't wait for your next one! When is that btw? :lmao:

LOVE WPE! When we went we had the meatball and peppers pizza, the 1/2 chicken and mashed potatoes and the mac and cheese. It was all awesome.
The only problem is it is very expensive if not on the dining plan. On the dining plan its the best use of a counter service credit out there, not on the dining plan and it's going to cost you.

Another place we've never been -- Wolfgang Express. We went to the Wolfgang's on the West End or wherever it is when it first opened (actually, it may have been one of the first days and my boss had connections at Disney way back then, and they got us in). I'll have to add Express to a future list (no room this trip).

Thanks for the great reviews and awesome pics.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter