YES, touring Cinderella’s Dream Suite was Amazing!+14 Other Magical Days* Dismeet & Wrap

That holiday storage building...to think I was complaining about all my Christmas boxes in the garage the other day! Disney takes it to a whole new level. :rotfl:

IllumiNations is such a wonderful show to begin with, but that cruise seems to take it to a whole new level. What a view!

I don't know about the waters in Disney, but FL in General does get gators in bodies of water. They are a bit of a problem. And if they are bigger than either 6 or 8 feet they do have to be removed due to being too dangerous.
Just last week one was found under a car in a parking lot on my husband's base.
Never a dull day in FL....:lmao:

Oh wow, how cool to see both IllumiNations and Wishes on your last night. Having to wrap up a trip is never fun, but since it's inevitable, that's a nice way to go out.:goodvibes

Hehe, I'll consider this Illuminations Cruise simply a "prequel". Then the continuity totally works. :thumbsup2

THAT is so cool to have a backstage drive. Even though they're just plain warehouses... the fact that they're DISNEY warehouses makes them awesome.

Hmmmm... way more snacks that your party of 4 could consume? Now I feel like a glutton, lol.

Yup, I do believe the gator story, absolutely. And yes, I did indeed spot one in the TTC parking waterways.

69.jpg

Aww, this update really brings back such wonderful memories of the Cruise.

OMG how sweet to see that proposal. Just wonderful.

Ahhh cool. Wishes AND Illuminations in the same night. :lovestruc

Brenda, what a perfect ending to a great trip.

I'm so disappointed that we won't be sharing that cruise in September. :sad:

The company terrific, the cruise and the show terrific, an engagement next to you with a "yes" and then to see Wishes as you went back to your room.

You can't ask for more than that.

Catching up once again! This time, Disney is the actual reason I am behind. :goodvibes Best reason ever, right? lol

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who just recently tried a Dole Whip. I loved it too! Maybe you should've had Em try the basic Vanilla ice cream Dole Whip. I'm not crazy about Pineapple so I did that and now I really want to try out the others.

Awww, what a great way to end your last night of the trip! That was truly a golden spot they gave you on that cruise. Your photos are so beautiful and unobstructed! :thumbsup2

Props to the guy for proposing to his girlfriend after IllumiNations, what a great idea! :teeth:

Can't wait to hear about your last day! :mickeyjum

What an absolutely awesome way to spend your last night at WDW. :thumbsup2 I have heard over and over again how wonderful the Illuminations cruise is. It looks like a wonderful place to see the show. Just perfect.

How cool that you managed to go out on a night when there was a proposal. How perfect.

And then to get back to BLT just in time to see Wishes. Priceless!

The Illuminations cruise looks great! What a nice way to spend on of our last nights. Thanks for the info on it too, I'm looking into doing it for my MiL 60th next spring.

Sad to see this one wind down, but I'm looking forward to hearing about your December trip!

Was up at three today because I couldn't sleep, and I started reading your trip report. Next thing I know, it's almost seven! :) I LOVE your trip report, you sounded like you had such a fantastic time :) You are so lucky that you got to see the dream suite :cheer2:

The IllumiNations cruise seems like a ton of fun! How nice that you were able to share it with Dean as well. I'm sure that man has an endless array of stories to tell. I guess I didn't realize all the boats would be tied together, close enough to socialize with the ones on either side of you. That is a GREAT place for a proposal! Good thing she said yes with all those witnesses around. :rotfl: Can't believe it's your final night already. This trip & this TR have been EPIC!

I love the video of Em and Snow White!!!! The expression on her face is priceless, but I love how enthusiastic Snow is.

And the picture of you and Bruce is awesome! So fun.

That cruise sounds like so much fun. What a relaxing, enjoyable way to watch the show!!

Last day in WDW. :sad1:

The illuminations cruise looked like a lot of fun, what a sweet and wonderful thank you to Dean and his sweet wife. I bet he had some amazing stories, I'm gonna have to find his book. ::yes:: What was the name of it again?

I bet the couple getting engaged was a lot of fun to watch, I'm a crier so I would have been in tears watching that happen. :goodvibes

Dec. trip, can't wait to hear about it! :yay:

Video of Em and Snow White was hilarious!! I would have been on the floor laughing. :rotfl2: I don't know how you kept a straight face! :laughing:

Did you like your stay at BLT? What was the best part about being there? Location? Monorail?

The illuminations cruise looks amazing! Such a great idea! I may have to talk my friends into doing one next year! You all had an amazing view! How cool the couple next to you got engaged! That must have been fun to witness.

I was surprised about the gators as well! I spotted a small one in the water by Flame Tree and when I asked the CM about it he told me that same story. He said they find their way in and when they get a certain size, Disney catches them and moves them. I have a picture that I will put in my trip report if I ever get to that day! Hahahahaha! Things have been busy here so I have been slacking on it, but I am going to finish it soon, especially since I want to start a pre-trip report for our November trip!

Love the little behind the scenes tour, that's pretty cool.
Wow, that IllumiNations cruise just looks and sounds so incredible! I really want to do that some time. It's high on my bucket list, especially if I ever go with a group.
How sweet that you got to see the proposal too, so magical!
An excellent way to spend your last day.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Wow!! What a fun night! I'm not the biggest illuminations fan (for shame, I know) but that view looks just stunning! Kudos to the guy who picked a great spot to propose in the world! I love the castle but I think out of the box locations throughout the parks are just as lovely. (Rich just said he'd ask in the haunted mansion in the graveyard. Sounds weird but it's my fave.)

I love that view at contemp/blt! It's just so magical. I'm sad to see this TR come to an end but I still have more catching up to do. :)

Love Dole Whips but prefer the floats.
Fun times with street entertainment.
Looked like fun at HS and Epcot.
The cruise sounds like fun. I have only done the Wishes cruise but the Illuminations one is on my list.
I have heard of people seeing gators there.
All caught up again.

Fab last night Brenda!

It was! Thanks Linda.

Sounds like a very fun night .... just being out on the water with friends much be such a good time. And glad that everyone got along with the other boats! Also, glad that girl said "yes" - otherwise that would have been super awkward!

And how cool you got back in time to see Wishes as well! The last night is always sad but to see two sets of fireworks is a good way to cap off the vacation!

Ha ha! It would have been a long boat ride back to the dock if she said NO. ::yes:: We would have bought him a drink to congratulate him but all we had were cans of soda and water!

It was definitely a great way to end the trip. :)

Hahaha I’ll definitely make a point to seek out the dhs fun crew next trip! Lol.

And hey, I’m ALWAYS craving grilled cheese!!

I didn’t realize the cruise was a flat rate!! That makes it much more enticing! I’ll definitely be getting a group together to do that during my program, that’s for sure!It looks like a definitely magical way to end a fantastic trip/night!! And you got to witness a proposal! So fun!!

And then ANOTHER set of fireworks & water pagent! You were livin that night! Lol

Excited to read the last day and can’t wait to hear your December stories!!

Speaking of your program... I need to check out when you leave. Wondering if it is anytime soon....

You know December will be off to a great start since you made an appearance during our first full day at WDW! :thumbsup2

It was your dining review of Crew's Cup that sent us over there for dinner - twice! It is now our favorite "impromptu" dinner location.

The cruise looks like the perfect place to propose. That must have been a lot of fun that night to have party central on one side and the romantic proposal on the other.

We saw a boat cruising Crescent Lake, looking for alligators in the HS area when we were there in March. I really wanted to see one, too, but there weren't any.

I'm thinking of going back to Crew's Cup this next trip as well. I want to order more than just an appetizer next time since the food looks really good. I'm glad that you are a new fan.

It was nice to share the cruise experience with some fun folks - including that couple even though we didn't know it was going to be a memorable night for them before the show started.

The tour is actually a really good deal! Even better if you have a large group being able to split that cost up.

Seriously, how amazing is that view. Compltely unobstructed and gorgeous!

Aw awesome that he proposed! Good job guy, putting a ring on it:thumbsup2

That cruise is cheaper than some special tours at Disney if you have a large group of people sharing the boat. PLUS drinks and snacks make it a true bargain! :thumbsup2

Yep, completely unobstructed and no having to camp out to save a spot.

Seriously huh!
52151.png

Looking forward to seeing you next week! :)

Wow, what an amazing final night in WDW! I loved the "peek behind the scenes" as you were driven from BLT to YC. Your photos of the Illuminations fireworks are beautiful and it looks like you just had an all-around wonderful evening! Great update!

Thanks Carol, it was such a nice way to wrap up our trip. This could was such a big part of making it so magical so it seemed right to share that cruise with them.

That holiday storage building...to think I was complaining about all my Christmas boxes in the garage the other day! Disney takes it to a whole new level. :rotfl:

IllumiNations is such a wonderful show to begin with, but that cruise seems to take it to a whole new level. What a view!

I don't know about the waters in Disney, but FL in General does get gators in bodies of water. They are a bit of a problem. And if they are bigger than either 6 or 8 feet they do have to be removed due to being too dangerous.
Just last week one was found under a car in a parking lot on my husband's base.
Never a dull day in FL....

Oh wow, how cool to see both IllumiNations and Wishes on your last night. Having to wrap up a trip is never fun, but since it's inevitable, that's a nice way to go out.

Ha ha! It sounds like you need a Christmas warehouse!

It is definitely a great way to watch Illuminations. It's not something we can do every trip but it is a nice treat.

I'm picturing gators walking from lake to lake. I'd be horrified if I ran into one. :scared1: Yep, never dull.

I know, if we have to leave, we may as well leave with a Bang!

Hehe, I'll consider this Illuminations Cruise simply a "prequel". Then the continuity totally works.

THAT is so cool to have a backstage drive. Even though they're just plain warehouses... the fact that they're DISNEY warehouses makes them awesome.

Hmmmm... way more snacks that your party of 4 could consume? Now I feel like a glutton, lol.

Yup, I do believe the gator story, absolutely. And yes, I did indeed spot one in the TTC parking waterways.

69.jpg

Aww, this update really brings back such wonderful memories of the Cruise.

OMG how sweet to see that proposal. Just wonderful.

Ahhh cool. Wishes AND Illuminations in the same night. :lovestruc

There you go, the Illuminations prequel! Sounds about right.

Yeah, was it wrong to be so excited about warehouses? They are DISNEY warehouses people! You get that. ::yes::

I should have clarified, those snacks were way more than we could consume DURING the cruise. We did bring some back to the room but I think most were donated to mousekeeping.

There it is! Disney GATOR sighting! We'll just refer to him as one of the characters from Peter Pan. ;)

I agree, it was a sweet reminder of our special Illuminations cruise together. :goodvibes

Brenda, what a perfect ending to a great trip.

I'm so disappointed that we won't be sharing that cruise in September. :sad:

The company terrific, the cruise and the show terrific, an engagement next to you with a "yes" and then to see Wishes as you went back to your room.

You can't ask for more than that.

Ahhhh Kathy, I agree. That would have been such a great way to spend time with you guys and I'm grateful that you even suggested it. Hopefully there will be another opportunity to take a rain check.

The "yes", the fireworks, and the cruise were all a perfect wrap to the trip.

Catching up once again! This time, Disney is the actual reason I am behind. Best reason ever, right? lol

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who just recently tried a Dole Whip. I loved it too! Maybe you should've had Em try the basic Vanilla ice cream Dole Whip. I'm not crazy about Pineapple so I did that and now I really want to try out the others.

Awww, what a great way to end your last night of the trip! That was truly a golden spot they gave you on that cruise. Your photos are so beautiful and unobstructed! :thumbsup2

Props to the guy for proposing to his girlfriend after IllumiNations, what a great idea! :teeth:

Can't wait to hear about your last day! :mickeyjum

Welcome back from Disney and Congratulations on your graduation. I'll have to get caught up... are you doing a TR?

We need to find a version of those whips that are not pineapple - she's not a pineapple fan. Glad you are a new fan too since now you know what the hype is all about.

The pressure is on for that guy for future celebrations! He set the bar pretty high.

More TR fun coming up!

What an absolutely awesome way to spend your last night at WDW. :thumbsup2 I have heard over and over again how wonderful the Illuminations cruise is. It looks like a wonderful place to see the show. Just perfect.

How cool that you managed to go out on a night when there was a proposal. How perfect.

And then to get back to BLT just in time to see Wishes. Priceless!

Hi Mary Ellen! It was such a great way to wrap up our trip. I was glad that we made it back in time for Wishes as well. Bonus!

The Illuminations cruise looks great! What a nice way to spend on of our last nights. Thanks for the info on it too, I'm looking into doing it for my MiL 60th next spring.

Sad to see this one wind down, but I'm looking forward to hearing about your December trip!

What a great birthday treat for your MiL. She would be thrilled with that cruise!

Thanks Shannon, you are sweet to hang in there!

Was up at three today because I couldn't sleep, and I started reading your trip report. Next thing I know, it's almost seven! :) I LOVE your trip report, you sounded like you had such a fantastic time :) You are so lucky that you got to see the dream suite :cheer2:

Hi there frozenchick! Oh my! Thanks for reading along and your kind words. You win the award for sleepless on the Disboards! I'm glad you enjoyed it. It's hard to believe that experience was almost a year ago. Goodness, people have had babies in the time it's taken to write this. :lmao:

Thanks again for joining and I'm glad that you are here.

The IllumiNations cruise seems like a ton of fun! How nice that you were able to share it with Dean as well. I'm sure that man has an endless array of stories to tell. I guess I didn't realize all the boats would be tied together, close enough to socialize with the ones on either side of you. That is a GREAT place for a proposal! Good thing she said yes with all those witnesses around. :rotfl: Can't believe it's your final night already. This trip & this TR have been EPIC!

There's so many stories that he could write another book...:)

I didn't realize they connected all the boats either. I thought they just floated around somewhere. There's probably a good reason for it but I'm not sure what that may be. :confused3

Thanks Kristy. I don't think I'll have another TR with this much excitement! I'm glad that you've joined in. :goodvibes And that I was able to meet you and your family last trip.

I love the video of Em and Snow White!!!! The expression on her face is priceless, but I love how enthusiastic Snow is.

And the picture of you and Bruce is awesome! So fun.

That cruise sounds like so much fun. What a relaxing, enjoyable way to watch the show!!

Hi Sue! Wasn't that great? Em was a little unsure what she was getting sucked into. Katt explained the out of place Snow over in FW so if she was in training she was putting forth an amazing effort. In that heat even.

Thanks! Bruce is almost as much fun as Bo!

That cruise spoils you for its amazing vantage point. Throw in a few snacks and some drinks and there's the hook. :thumbsup2

Last day in WDW. :sad1:

The illuminations cruise looked like a lot of fun, what a sweet and wonderful thank you to Dean and his sweet wife. I bet he had some amazing stories, I'm gonna have to find his book. ::yes:: What was the name of it again?

I bet the couple getting engaged was a lot of fun to watch, I'm a crier so I would have been in tears watching that happen. :goodvibes

Dec. trip, can't wait to hear about it! :yay:

Video of Em and Snow White was hilarious!! I would have been on the floor laughing. :rotfl2: I don't know how you kept a straight face! :laughing:

Did you like your stay at BLT? What was the best part about being there? Location? Monorail?

Hi Camille! The book is called "I Led the Parade" It is now available on Amazon. It is a collection of great stories. We feel honored to have met and stayed in touch with these special people.

The poor guy who proposed was in front of me when we were at the window paying for the boats. He stood out as being a little flustered. Looking back I can see that he was a bit nervous. It was so sweet to watch.

I should be careful in announcing any more TRs since they move at such a glacial pace! :rotfl2: I wish I had more time to Dis. But thanks for anticipating that one.

Oh my! That Snow was just interesting to watch. I controlled any urges to have giggle fits while watching her prance around. She definitely put a lot of heart into her performance.

I LOVE BLT. It is the only resort that we have returned to every trip. I love the location and view of MK and Seven Seas Lagoon a little more than the large comfy rooms. There's something about sitting on the sofa and seeing the castle or laying in bed and hearing the ferry and the boats. It's just feels like vacation.

The illuminations cruise looks amazing! Such a great idea! I may have to talk my friends into doing one next year! You all had an amazing view! How cool the couple next to you got engaged! That must have been fun to witness.

The cruise is a great group activity since splitting the cost can make it affordable. Bring a few cocktails with you and it's quite the party.

That was the second or third proposal of that trip and definitely one in which we felt a small part of it by being able to witness it and congratulate them.

I was surprised about the gators as well! I spotted a small one in the water by Flame Tree and when I asked the CM about it he told me that same story. He said they find their way in and when they get a certain size, Disney catches them and moves them. I have a picture that I will put in my trip report if I ever get to that day! Hahahahaha! Things have been busy here so I have been slacking on it, but I am going to finish it soon, especially since I want to start a pre-trip report for our November trip!

Hi Katie! Yikes, gators at AK! I suppose that makes sense - it is about the animals. :lmao: I'll look forward to seeing your photo. I find those so fascinating.

I need to get caught up with your TR. You may be well on your way into your PTR before I make it all the way through. ;) Thanks for hanging in there with this one.

Love the little behind the scenes tour, that's pretty cool.
Wow, that IllumiNations cruise just looks and sounds so incredible! I really want to do that some time. It's high on my bucket list, especially if I ever go with a group.
How sweet that you got to see the proposal too, so magical!
An excellent way to spend your last day.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Only in Disney will I be so thrilled with warehouses and motor fleets!

That cruise would be a great way to spend any evening with friends and family. You might want to keep that high on your list.

Wow!! What a fun night! I'm not the biggest illuminations fan (for shame, I know) but that view looks just stunning! Kudos to the guy who picked a great spot to propose in the world! I love the castle but I think out of the box locations throughout the parks are just as lovely. (Rich just said he'd ask in the haunted mansion in the graveyard. Sounds weird but it's my fave.)

I love that view at contemp/blt! It's just so magical. I'm sad to see this TR come to an end but I still have more catching up to do. :)

I love Rich's creative ideas. A proposal in front of the castle or during a fireworks show is almost expected. But the graveyard at the HM - I wouldn't expect that one. Great thinking. Makes me think that places like Rapunzel may be a great spot but then again, that's the restrooms. :lmao:

Love Dole Whips but prefer the floats.
Fun times with street entertainment.
Looked like fun at HS and Epcot.
The cruise sounds like fun. I have only done the Wishes cruise but the Illuminations one is on my list.
I have heard of people seeing gators there.
All caught up again.

Hi there Scott! Glad to see you caught up! I would love to do the Wishes fireworks cruise. Maybe one day.... it would be great to have a comparison. :)

I had a float right? Juice + soft serve = float - I think. ;) Whatever it was it was great.

Dismeet Intermission!

Before I start on our last day at WDW last August, I wanted to share a couple special DISmeets that happened in the last week. Yep, not just one DISer showed up here in Southern California but Two! :)

Last week my good friend Paula (smile4stamps) was in Orange County. We met up after a long day for both of us. I didn't think it would happen at first due to my schedule but Em wanted to see Paula and with the promise of dinner not being out of a drive through or a box, I think she was eager to get over to Disneyland.

I didn't take a single photo until we were on the tram back to the parking structure at the end of our evening. However, we had fun hanging out and doing two things that we love. Eating dinner at Plaza Inn (such wonderful fried chicken!) and watching the patriotic July 4th edition of the fireworks show.

Here's our end of the evening photo.

77c2b003-40bf-483a-a4f6-c87c9145ea28.jpg

It was good to see Paula again. It had been 2 months since I'd seen her from our last WDW trip. :hug:

Paula: Your pass is still good for another 3 months.... we can do this again!

Then on Saturday, Michael (DH) and I got together with another friend at DL and who should we run into? Rachel (Rachel09985)!! Actually, I knew she would be at DL and we'd planned to meet up but we literally ran into each other in Tomorrowland before we had a chance to lock on each other's coordinates.

I'd met Rachel in December for our big DISer dining meet up. Yeahhh, that TR that keeps getting mentioned is pending. I met Corey briefly in the park that trip as well.

We spent the better part of the afternoon and into the evening together so I was very excited that worked out.

Rachel and Corey:
DSCN8295.jpg

DSCN8296.jpg

Our meet up photo op:
DSCN8294.jpg

A castle photo or two
DSCN8306.jpg

DSCN8307.jpg

We ate dinner together at Naples. Think Via Napoli but at DTD Disneyland resort.

DSCN8443.jpg

I was so glad that our paths crossed. :hug:

I'm looking forward to a few more DISer special appearances in the next couple of weeks....

Next Up: Our final morning at WDW

Two DISMeets?! How fun! And a "Via Napoli" in Disneyland! That is reason #35843947529769293058 why I need to go. Hopefully next summer :thumbsup2

Welcome back from Disney and Congratulations on your graduation. I'll have to get caught up... are you doing a TR?

Thank you Brenda! And yes, I most certainly am. I just started and I'd love it if you followed along: http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3298004

We need to find a version of those whips that are not pineapple - she's not a pineapple fan. Glad you are a new fan too since now you know what the hype is all about.

Get her the vanilla one! You really don't taste Pineapple, at all. It's just very sweet Vanilla. I mean, I cannot stand pineapple. Ever since I devoured most of my mom's pineapple souffle she made one time, I was just done and it makes me gag now (nothing bad happened, I just had SOOOO much). Really though, if I liked the basic vanilla one, I'm sure Em will like it too. ::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter