Year-End Round-Up December 2022 Exercise Thread

sophy1996

DIS Veteran
Welcome to the December 2022 exercise thread!

If you’re returning, we’re excited to have you back! If you’re new, welcome to the team! Here’s how it works:

Each person chooses a time goal and posts minutes towards that goal as they exercise. You can post daily or just catch up when you can. You decide what movement counts towards your goal - which can be a nice round total for the month, a specific number that means something to you, or a calculation based on a target number of minutes per day. Since December has 31 days, here are some common conversions:

15 minutes/day = 465
20 minutes/day = 620
30 minutes/day = 930
45 minutes/day = 1395
1 hour/day = 1860

Can you believe it's already nearing the end of the year? Lots of stuff happened at Disney this year, so this month we're doing a year-end round-up of Disney news from 2022.

One of the special motivations of our Disney challenge is color changing! Page one will be updated with individual and team color changes as we make more and more progress.

10% -Bob's Out/Bob's Back Blue
25% - Disney Wish Orange
50% -MagicBand+ Purple
75% -Performances Pink
90% -New Rides Red
100% -Galactic Starcruiser Green

We’re officially starting this challenge December 1st, but if you don’t find the thread until later in the month, you’re still welcome to join!! There's no better time than the present to start toward your goals! Just post your goal and I’ll add you to the list. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions and to check out old threads to see what’s been going on.

Team Members:

Elizabeth Smith - 700/700
JMommyof3 - goal 1500
livih99 - 259/750
Oneanne - 970/930
PollyannaMom - 370/350

Raya - 197/400
sophy1996 - 1000/1000
Twilight Sparkle - 2670/2000

Total: 6166/7630 80.8%

Adjusted Total: 6166/6130 100%

Last edited:

:welcome: everyone, particularly new folks livih99 and JMommyof3!

Looking all the way back to the beginning of the year, here's some Disney news from January 2022:

Happy New Year! WDW started the year off strong by reopening Typhoon Lagoon water park on January 2 and dropping the virtual queue for Remy's Ratatouille Adventure on January 10. On a sadder note for WDW visitors, the last Disney's Magical Express bus left for MCO on January 10.

Over at Disneyland Resort, Tigger helped ring in the Year of the Tiger at the Lunar New Year Festival starting on January 21. And Downtown Disney said goodbye to the Earl of Sandwich restaurant on January 27. EoS was demolished as part of a project to redo the west end of DtD.

For the overseas parks, Tokyo Disney Resort sported a fluffy covering of snow to start the year, while Hong Kong Disneyland closed on January 7 due to COVID-19. Originally scheduled to last only two weeks, the HKDL closure lasted until April 21.

I'll go ahead and join in with 2000 even though I might be missing for half the month due to travels. Thanks for wanting me here, @sophy1996! I do have some minutes from today to start off.

125 horses

125/2000

Leaving for the airport at 4 am and debating whether or not I should try to sleep or just stay up. I think I'm too excited to sleep, but it will kill me about mid-day tomorrow. Hoping for an early hotel check in so we can nap before an event late tomorrow afternoon.

I'll go ahead and join in with 2000 even though I might be missing for half the month due to travels. Thanks for wanting me here, @sophy1996! I do have some minutes from today to start off.

125 horses

125/2000

Leaving for the airport at 4 am and debating whether or not I should try to sleep or just stay up. I think I'm too excited to sleep, but it will kill me about mid-day tomorrow. Hoping for an early hotel check in so we can nap before an event late tomorrow afternoon.

Glad you’re here! And you have a great trip too! Maybe some pix?

Good morning! Twilight Sparkle is first on the board and I also have 45 minutes to add.

January 2022 was full of celebrations:

At Epcot, the Festival of the Arts started on January 14. This is the one Epcot festival I haven't been to. If you have, what did you think?

At Shanghai Disney, the Lunar New Year Festival started on January 15.

And at Tokyo Disney Resort, the Totally Minnie Mouse event started on January 18. This is one I didn't even hear about!

I'm in for 750 minutes

I'd like to join in. I'm in for 1500 minutes.
:welcome: Glad to have you both here!

I loved the Totally Minnie Mouse celebration in Tokyo. I didn't hear a thing about it when it happened, but the merchandise and the treats were so cute and creative. I would love to see something like that in the US parks.

I took a day off yesterday and pretty much slept all day. But I took two 35 minute walks today to make up for it, one inside and one outside.

70/700

Elizabeth Smith is on the board and the first to reach Bob's Out/Bob's Back Blue!

This was one of the most surprising pieces of Disney news this year. Just five months after Disney's Board renewed Bob Chapek's contract as CEO for three more years, Thanksgiving week started with a bang when Disney abruptly announced on November 20 that Chapek was no longer the CEO, and former CEO Bob Iger had returned. Iger is back on a two-year contract, with a directive to find a successor. It's too soon to see what will happen, but by many accounts, at least cast-member morale increased immediately. You can read Iger's initial message to cast members here.

Edited to add: Bob Iger and Josh D'Amaro were out at DLR on December 3 for the Candlelight Processional. Reportedly they were posing for pictures with guests.

Last edited:
60 minute "strength and conditioning" class. The new PT cleared me for weightlifting so I gave this a try. The first thing in class was to run across the gym, and my knee promptly gave out. In a move that I will always cherish as the ultimate Black Widow moment, I fell to the ground, rolled through the fall, and sprang back up to continue running in one fluid motion. Went on to finish the class. I'm just that awesome. :P

I'm also very sore and owe, everything hurts, and oh-my-gosh that class was not 'starting back slow' like I planned.

60/400

I might need to drop my minutes down. I doing PT right now and one of the exercises she has me doing is making my back hurt. I think I know which one. I have PT tonight and will talk to her about. Hopefully by the end of the week I will be able to move better. Right now I am just trying to not move much.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter