YC first, then WL - Disappointed??

crazyfordisney2000

DIS Veteran
We are planning our next trip, which will be our first deluxe trip :cool1: It will be 10 nights in September 2014 for DH, DS12, DD10, and myself:)

We want to start in the Epcot area first then end in MK area, since this is our touring style. Will we be disappointed going from YC to WL?? I would prefer Poly or GF but they are not in the budget. We have never stayed deluxe before, only value and mod, so still better....decisions decisions!

We are planning our next trip, which will be our first deluxe trip :cool1: It will be 10 nights in September 2014 for DH, DS12, DD10, and myself:)

We want to start in the Epcot area first then end in MK area, since this is our touring style. Will we be disappointed going from YC to WL?? I would prefer Poly or GF but they are not in the budget. We have never stayed deluxe before, only value and mod, so still better....decisions decisions!

I've stayed at both resorts and the WL is nice enough that I don't think you'd be disappointed the way someone who goes from a deluxe to a value resort could be. Since you want to do Epcot first, then YC is the way to go. And then it is really easy to go to MK from the WL.We find ourselves hopping over to that park when we are at WL as often as we found ourselves walking into Epcot from one of those resorts.

The two biggest differences will be the smaller resort room at the WL. Bunkbeds will help to make the room feel a little bigger. And of course the pool is not as exciting at the WL, although I loved the quiet pool with its bubbling springs at the WL villas.

The one thing you will really appreciate over at the WL is the Roaring Forks, the counter service restaurant. After staying in a resort without counter service, you'll be glad to have it at WL. And the WL is more compact. It is a gorgeous resort and we love it. We also love the BC. ;)

I do not think you will be disappointed, although it is a matter of taste
I think the WL has much better theming, esp in the lobby area. The grounds are beautiful. More compact

Rooms are a little smaller. Try for a bunk room. The boat to MK is great

I would not be disappointed. WL is beautiful, in a very different way than YC.
Plus, having access to MK by boat is the icing on the cake!:thumbsup2

Our family has stayed at both and while both are great resorts, the WL is our favorite. :goodvibes

YC has an amazing location and is a really nice resort, but more like a nice hotel. WL is a destination all to itself. It's like going on an adventure, there is so much to see and explore.

Yes, the rooms at WL are a little bit smaller but our family of four did not feel cramped at WL at all. We did have a bunk bed room, which I think gave a little more floor space.

I do not think you will be disappointed at all, but again, WL is our favorite! pixiedust:

I have stayed at both resorts and enjoy them both but between the two I like the WL better. I may be in the minority, but I personally like the location better for the WL than I do the YC. While the YC is great for Epcot and good for DHS, what I don't like is the resort shares a bus (at least when I was there) with the BC/BW/Swan/Dolphin. Going to DTD, MK, and AK on one of those packed, overstuffed and what I would call unsafe buses is not something I'm going to do again. For me it's a shame, I love the YC but the buses are a deal breaker for me. Love the WL.................... Love, Love, Love the WL. :goodvibes

Don't think you'll be disappointed, but for us we'd stay at the YC. The whole BW, Y&BC area is a big plus ::yes:: . Great restaurants, easy access to EPCOT & DHS. We look at the buses as a positive, but we also have our own car. :)

I don't think you'd be disappointed. Both are deluxe resorts and the theming of both is really great.

If you are referring to a "Split Stay" ... We've done that ... It wasn't the least disappointing to us. For the YC leg of the trip, we spent most of our park time at Epcot/DHS and for the WL leg mostly MK and AK.

It's comparing apples to oranges.

YC is light and airy whereas WL is rustic. Both, though, are fantastic resorts and I can't see you being disappointed with WL. I have stayed at both and prefer WL to YC. It makes me feel like someone plopped me in the middle of Yosemite and conveniently installed the MK in my backyard.

Both YC and WL are great luxury resorts with very different theming. WL has much smaller rooms and a very rustic atmosphere. I like both yc and WL in different ways. Will you be disappointed in WL after YC? It's possible if you prefer the light, bright nautical atmosphere of the YC or if you want a larger room or if you prefer the Epcot area over the MK area. However, if you have looked at both of these hotels online and they appeal to you, then, No, it is unlikely that you will be disappointed. The WL is beautiful and arguably the best themed hotel in WDW (AKL is a contender, though, IMO) Restaurants in WL are great and transportation to MK by boat very nice.

In June, we stayed 4 days BC followed by 3 days WLV. Loved the location of BC. Beautiful resort.

But we fell in love with WL. Just felt like we were really away from it all! I would choose WL over BC personally though most would disagree. Just fell in love with the theme. To each our own, I suppose.

K

I've stayed at both and prefer WL to YC because of the Themeing. When you enter WL the Lobby has the WOW factor which is only rivaled by AKL.

You will wish you spent your entire stay at WL once you arrive there

It's comparing apples to oranges.

YC is light and airy whereas WL is rustic. Both, though, are fantastic resorts and I can't see you being disappointed with WL. I have stayed at both and prefer WL to YC. It makes me feel like someone plopped me in the middle of Yosemite and conveniently installed the MK in my backyard.

Nicely said!

Thanks for all the replies!! You have made us feel better about the decision. We are trying deluxe mostly for the location of the resorts, and the proximity to multiple table service restaurants, not as much for the other amenities they offer. We were perfectly happy with the moderate resorts, but always long for quicker/easier transportation to and from the parks and restaurants.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter