Yay !! Season 2 !!- The Mysterious Benedict Society

We finally watched all episodes so far and love it! After I watched the first season I got the books and remember the show has changed things and now I want to reread again as I don’t recall what the differences were.

Man, this show - The Constance Show! I love it so much.

"I wish to be free of pointless commands." Just incredible.

The world continues to be fascinating. You can take a blimp across the Atlantc, and the motorcycle is gas powered. It's such a mish-mashed, timeless, and wonderful world!

"I left ample compensation." They're so wonderfully honest!

This show may have the best writing ever!

"Tell me what is on the other side of this card."
"I see the depression of middle-age." ZING!

Oh, Constance, I just love you! The scientist lady is in way over her head.

This one was a little short though and I wish it didn't move so fast. I just never want it to end!

Okay, @tinkerhon...

Happy Constance is freaking me out!

Another great, and fun episode, with a little surprise at the end.

Okay, @tinkerhon...

Happy Constance is freaking me out!

Another great, and fun episode, with a little surprise at the end.

So good !! And loved th cameo by Bronson Pinchot--- and the music is always perfect--- and, of course, Constance with some killer lines !! Speaking of killer.... LOVING "Wednesday" on Netflix !!!

So good !! And loved th cameo by Bronson Pinchot--- and the music is always perfect--- and, of course, Constance with some killer lines !! Speaking of killer.... LOVING "Wednesday" on Netflix !!!
I did not recognize him. Was he the innkeeper?

Oh, man - I guess there is only one more, but this one was fun.

Kate: "I'm fine waiting here." Yeah, that's a lie.
They haven't made a straight jacket that can hold even happy Constance!

Last edited:
I always post about the latest episode of MBS:

This fulfills that request.

😉

Okay, joke post aside,

The ending was good, though it felt a little fast. I can see where some people might find it anticlimactic, but it's just not hte kind of show where people fight. They eschew fighting actually, and it is refreshing. I love the message about saving Curtain - "Maybe saving him is the only way we win." Yes. Absolutely. I love that. I wish Constance had been saved a little earlier so she could have done more, but I do like the way they saved her. Her letter at the end was just priceless - per my previous post!

Now I eagerly await the thread titled, "Yay !! Season 3 !!- The Mysterious Benedict Society!"

When season 1 came out I read the book series and there were a lot of differences. Now I am rereading it now that I am finished with season 2.

This series was always funded with creative accounting, and was one of the reasons Bob Iger was able to get the board to jettison Bob Chapek.

The first season of the The Mysterious Benedict Society was paid for out of Hulu funds and moved to D+. Then Chapek moved the series to The Disney Channel to move the second season budget from the Disney+ ledger to the Disney Channel ledger. Chapek did this with a few shows and movies, premiering them on Disney Channel, ABC, Hulu or wherever, as he tried to hide the true skyrocketing $30B in production costs of Disney+ from stockholders.

Now, all steaming services are cutting production costs to try and become profitable, and a new season of a D+ original that was previously never "officially" paid for by D+ is low-hanging fruit.

This series was always funded with creative accounting, and was one of the reasons Bob Iger was able to get the board to jettison Bob Chapek.

The first season of the The Mysterious Benedict Society was paid for out of Hulu funds and moved to D+. Then Chapek moved the series to The Disney Channel to move the second season budget from the Disney+ ledger to the Disney Channel ledger. Chapek did this with a few shows and movies, premiering them on Disney Channel, ABC, Hulu or wherever, as he tried to hide the true skyrocketing $30B in production costs of Disney+ from stockholders.

Now, all steaming services are cutting production costs to try and become profitable, and a new season of a D+ original that was previously never "officially" paid for by D+ is low-hanging fruit.

It's such a shame though. Chapek was really doing some shady stuff with the numbers. 🤨 I was worried when season 2 had such little promotion too - why do they even create things just to let them languish?

I just finished reading book 1 for the first time and want to watch the show before its pulled. Does the show extend past the events of book 1?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!