• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Y'all want another live video review trip??

Citrus bbq pork ribs for Paradiso. Now i have to catch up other reviews.

Ooops plans chnged so my vote for WPE is bacon wrapped meatloaf.

Sorry CG was such a letdown. Have yet to eat there and with the mixed revidws it gets now I'm just not sure i want to chance it. Good to hear GF was a success!!

Have a great time on the cruise!!

I'll have the Wolfgang Puck Review up just as soon as hubby wakes up.... Tonight La Hacienda de San Angel! So excited, our last night and it's a new restaurant experience!!

Side note about the Fireworks cruise...... It's worth every freakin penny. We boarded at the Grand Floridian around 8:30 and cruised the Seven Seas Lagoon as well as Bay Lake. We got a front row view of the new on the water bungalow rooms at the Poly (OMG!!!!!) and talked about the history of the Contemporary, GF, and Poly. As we came around from Bay Lake and back into the Seven Seas, we had a prime seat for the water pageant. Then.... we took our spot for the fireworks. Music was piped in to the boat and we had a basket full of snacks and a cooler full of soda and water. It was absolutely amazing!!!!

Yesterday was by far the best day of the trip. Temps in the upper 60's, Hollywood Studios was quite roomy with the lack of people there, and we were with DORMA NESMOND all day!!!! She's my favorite cast member in all the parks. We chatted and then during the Glee Club set 3 members of our party were chosen to help the citizens of Hollywood sing the 12 days of Christmas! The one downside, the park closed at 4 yesterday for a service celebration. Here's my thoughts on that: I am totally in agreements with shutting down a park to show gratitude to the cast members. They deserve it and I don't want to take anything away from that. HOWEVER..... It should've been planned further in advance. Disney has implemented quite a few policies to help the visitors plan for their vacations. 180 day dining reservations, Fast Pass Plus, park schedules released months in advance, etc. I have found that with the new Fast Pass system and restrictions, Park hoppers are no longer an option for us. I can only use Fast Passes for one park per day, so where am I going to hop to and for what? So once the park closing was announced, there was no way to change my fast passes. The park closed at 4 and the only Toy Story pass I could get for the whole week was 3:40-4:40 that day, and that was booking the day my window opened. So we were rushed to say the least. My other HS day was Monday, which poured all day so that affected the Lights Camera Action show, Jedi Training, and Indiana Jones. The answer to this would've been for the service celebration to have been planned at the release of the schedule for the parks. I know, that's a long way in advance, but this is a celebration that Disney does every year, so it's not like they didn't know it was coming. I'm not even sure when they published it, but it certainly wasn't published with the fireworks schedule because I was well aware of Fantasmic not being shown towards the end of the week. The most disappointing part was yesterday was the day we were set to view the Osborne lights. My only option at this point if I want to see them is to not leave until 7PM on Saturday with a 10 hour drive back home and kids in school Monday morning. And I'll need to add a day to my tickets for that to happen. Sigh.... just venting. I really really wanted to see those lights.

But we will not be deterred!!! Epcot today with La Hacienda for dinner! VOTE AWAY!!!

I haven't been there either...menu looks good. My vote is for the shrimp tacos...and if you drink margaritas, the rosita margarita. I hope you get to see the Osbourne lights...they are really neat to see. You can walk through pretty quickly so maybe you can get over there tonight (and it gets dark pretty early).

Loving your reviews...I agree that official hours shouldn't be changed up as much as they do, especially with all the prescheduling one has to do! Enjoy the rest of your trip!

Great review of WPE, everything looks delicious! It's definitely one of our favourite counter service restaurants in the World.

For La Hacienda de San Angel, my vote is for Costillas en salsa de Chile. :thumbsup2

Wow, again our experiences really differed. We have eaten at La Hacienda I think 3 times and all were very good. The platter for two looked different though. The chicken was sliced boneless breast when we had it and I believe the steak was sliced as well. From what I remember we had decent service each time, too. This is one restaurant the Goofy Son really likes and is a request for when we take his girlfriend with us next year.

Really sorry to hear about your poor experience!

Thanks for your reports. I can cross 2 off our list for August (Cali Grill and La Hacienda). Safe travels home!

I'm so sorry La Hacienda let you down! Like GoofySon'sMom we've always had a good experience there. We had the same platter last time and it was delicious, but I have to agree ours looked different from yours. I wonder if they've made some permanent (and obviously not-so-good) changes to it? We were planning to return on our next trip but now I'm wondering if we should re-think that.

What a bummer the dinner on your last night was definitely less than magical and I'm sorry to hear you all felt ill afterward! :sick:

Wow, again our experiences really differed. We have eaten at La Hacienda I think 3 times and all were very good. The platter for two looked different though. The chicken was sliced boneless breast when we had it and I believe the steak was sliced as well. From what I remember we had decent service each time, too. This is one restaurant the Goofy Son really likes and is a request for when we take his girlfriend with us next year.

Really sorry to hear about your poor experience!

Thanks! It was a fantastic trip and we have really enjoyed vacation. The chicken was on the bone, basically one leg and one breast. The steak was sliced... sort of. It was sliced in 3 pieces so you still needed to slice it. The corn was REALLY good.

So sorry to here last nights meal was such a dud.

No worries! We love to experiment, and all in all we ate very very well!

Thanks for your reports. I can cross 2 off our list for August (Cali Grill and La Hacienda). Safe travels home!

We made it as far as Kingsland, so we have a bit of a trek left tomorrow, but we really didn't want to chance it..... the recent news of that family that wrecked on their way to Disney World was really weighing heavy on us tonight.

I'm so sorry La Hacienda let you down! Like GoofySon'sMom we've always had a good experience there. We had the same platter last time and it was delicious, but I have to agree ours looked different from yours. I wonder if they've made some permanent (and obviously not-so-good) changes to it? We were planning to return on our next trip but now I'm wondering if we should re-think that.

What a bummer the dinner on your last night was definitely less than magical and I'm sorry to hear you all felt ill afterward! :sick:

It's ok, we walked it off!! And I really really love our resort, so I was more than happy to head straight "home" after the fireworks.

Hi everyone! Time for the recap!

Our 3 old favorites again did not disappoint! They only cemented themselves more firmly on our "must do" list. So Les Chefs, The Brown Derby, and Grand Floridian Cafe were awesome as usual. Great service, great food, and we had an awesome time.

Our two new ones, Cali Grill and La Hacienda did not impress us, so we will be crossing those off our list.... at least for now. I hate that we didn't get to Paradiso, but Puck Express was DELICIOUS! Sidenote: Our very first visit with the kids, back when Kris was 2, we took the train down with the inlaws. We stayed in a GV at OKW and arrived about 10 AM. We dropped our luggage and hopped the boat to DTD to grab food. The first place we saw was Puck Express and we stopped in for breakfast. We were in love IMMEDIATELY and have always eaten there at least once every trip since.

This year, DTD was a bit scary! They are doing A LOT of construction on the parking as well as the boat docks, so you feel VERY closed in. Both sides of you are under construction and you can't see the water at all from TRex to House of Blues. Well... you can see a little bit at the hot air balloon. We go to DTD a lot and it's usually very easy for me to navigate, but this year it was a mess! I'm looking forward to the construction being completed prior to our next visit.

Another realization, this will probably be our last time with the dining plan for a while. I'm not a dessert person but the plan has always worked for us with 3 adults and 2 kids for the last 2 years, and 2 adults and 3 kids before that. But now that my son has aged into the adult category, we probably will pay OOP unless we can get free dining. I didn't run numbers but I think we came out a little ahead with the dining plan, but we had to go by Pucks on the way out and get 3 pizzas to use up our last CS credits. Guess what we had for dinner in the car? HAHAHHA! But if hubby and I don't get soda (which we wouldn't normally do but we get it now because it comes with) and we each don't get dessert (Which we don't normally get) then there's no way it pays for itself.

We are also considering CAMPING for our next visit!!! YES CAMPING! We drove through FW today and I think it would be fun! And cheaper.... way cheaper. We'll have to see how much I miss my OKW 1BR villa..... **Sigh**

Thank you guys so much for coming with us on this journey!!!! We love doing these reports and I'm so glad y'all get some use out of them!

Your La Hacienda review terrified me yesterday as DD and her husband were scheduled for there last night.

Turns out they LOVED it :)
they loved their table (by the window for illuminations), loved the look of the restaurant, had GREAT service and loved their food.

so i'm glad i didn't warn them off it beforehand.
You never know. I'm really glad it worked out for them!!

Thanks for your live report!! There will always be hits and misses I'm sure, with everyones experience... but I did book Les Chefs after watching your review and looking at the food, and hearing you compare further meals to them being 'not as good as chefs'. :)

Better you then me in the camping at disney thing. I experience enough hot and sweatiness in the parks I want a hotel room where I can rest in a comfy bed and a/c. :rotfl::rotfl2::lmao:

Your La Hacienda review terrified me yesterday as DD and her husband were scheduled for there last night.

Turns out they LOVED it :)
they loved their table (by the window for illuminations), loved the look of the restaurant, had GREAT service and loved their food.

so i'm glad i didn't warn them off it beforehand.
You never know. I'm really glad it worked out for them!!

YAY! That's awesome! I have found with most reviews that Your Mileage May Vary. I've seen bad reviews at Chefs but we have never had that issue. And with The Brown Derby most people love the Cobb Salad, but I think it's way too chopped up. There are places that I've seen bad reviews of that we ended up loving, like Portabello, and then some restaurants that most people just adore and we didn't like at all. Hence the "never say never" for the California Grill. We just have a lot more restaurants to roll through before we try again... LOL!

OOH! Another seemingly favorite restaurant of a lot of people that we didn't like at all... BOMA. Ugh.

Thanks for your live report!! There will always be hits and misses I'm sure, with everyones experience... but I did book Les Chefs after watching your review and looking at the food, and hearing you compare further meals to them being 'not as good as chefs'. :)

I hope you love it as much as we did!! Swing by the bakery in France on your way out and pick up a Quiche Florentine for your breakfast the next morning. OMG!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter