Yacht Club Room Views

Does anyone have an updated map of the yc cl (5th floor) that they could post...We booked cl standard view, however requested to be as close to SAB as possible...(as to be able to walk there as quick as possible..Our second request was to be as close to the main lobby as possible. So where is the club lounge.. in connection with these 2 request? Would we be very far away from it?

Room 1018
Patio Garden View
2 Queens, Daybed
August 2014

Room 1018 (Garden View) from our August 13-17 stay (Dee, please feel free to add to the rooms/views thread):

7MwrFdUl.jpg

JFEtdJvl.jpg

BQrUwJul.jpg

wxJqoZ1l.jpg

MQxh2jNl.jpg

Sorry about the quality on the following outside view photos, I had my white balance set on a funky setting and I think there was some condensation on the lens (sorry about the haze). We had a view of a retention pond and some trees that screened the Dolphin service area next door. I actually loved this view and thought it was really tranquil.

Looking right:
B2WcXe2l.jpg

Looking left: (note the partial lagoon view)
JUJJwnSl.jpg

Straight ahead: (sorry about the quality)
ofpQIs5l.jpg

Really peering out for the lagoon view:
PElTDBdl.jpg

I loved this room :lovestruc but it was FAR, FAR AWAY from the lobby and all the main action. We were able to nap and relax with only the distant sounds of boat horns and bicycle bells... Still, it's something to consider if you don't need the tranquility.

Roughly where this room was located on the overall map:
xXoU4epl.gif

This was our view from room 5232. The dumpster view was annoying but the service vehicles backing up at 5:00 in the morning was pretty painful. Fortunately the moved us the next day.

This was the view from our new room, 5188. Nice and close to the lobby. And the noise from vehicles coming to the front of the lodge didn't bother us much because we were already awake.

Hi! We were in room 5227. We booked a water view room. I requested a king bed. We were upgraded to a water view CL room!

Continued in next post

Looking to my left from the balcony was Illuminations

This last picture was either Fantasmic or from the Frozen fireworks I think. There wasn't a lot so I'm thinking Fantasmic? This was straight out toward the right from the balcony.

YC Room 1148
Garden view, king bed, first floor
Sept 2014

This room is as close to the lobby as you can get, located in the wing on your left as you walk into the lobby from the lake side. The room was just a few steps from the elevator. It had an outside wall and because there were only 13 rooms on this floor in this wing, we rarely heard anyone in the hall. It was a very quiet room.

We loved the location of this room. It was super fast to get out the door to anywhere. The only bad thing was that because it was a ground floor room and because they were experiencing one of the rainiest Septembers in Orlando, the room smelled of mildew. Since we were only staying four nights, and because we loved the location, we decided to stay there rather than ask for a new room.

566_zps460ddd4e.JPG

552_zpsbca14e6a.JPG

553_zps085b61b7.JPG

555_zpsd746b847.JPG

554_zps1bb10dc3.JPG

This is the view of the room from outside. As you can see, it is an end room.

IMG_1643_zps25fd9c5f (1).JPG

Here are some views from the room:

563_zpse933508a.JPG

The wedding gazebo was just outside the room.

IMG_1573_zps067eb0d5.JPG

You can just barely see Crescent Lake, but you have to step off the patio and into the bushes to see this view.

565_zps12e6cff8.JPG
The big bush partially shielded the room from people across the courtyard. But people walking through the hallway could look out the hallway window and see us sitting there. I liked the patio and we enjoyed a few morning cups of coffee out there.

The room was also very clean. It looked like it had recently been refreshed. The wallpaper was clean and looked like it wasn't too old. The carpet was spotless, probably because it had been washed many times to try to get rid of the mildew. And the fabric on the chairs and ottoman was clean. It was kind of funny to see new fabric on the desk chair that needed to be repainted. The furniture definitely needs to be replaced.

Last edited:

18 night stay at the end of June. We booked a garden view and requested a high floor on the lake side of the hotel. We were upgraded to a water view room, 3007 at the far end of the resort. It was great and also had a day bed,

We had to move as there was a problem with the air conditioning unit, I think it was something that would have been easily fixed but it had resulted in the carpet near the door becoming soaked so they said it would be less hassle for us if we moved.

Room 3017. Still fab, you could still watch the Epcot fireworks.

We have a garden view booked for January (no lagoon available). Any suggestions for requests? Maybe close walk to BC/Epcot? High floor?

I just did the online check in for yacht club
I could only select one thing (High floor)
No drop down menu to let me choose other things
Cast member TRIED to help-must be glitch in system-so she gave me Yacht Club phone #

VERY NICE cast member at YC=
I said wanted to add King bed (i know those are hard to come by at WDW-so we will see)
I also said " not a dumpster view" very humorously-she laughed and added " nice view"
I have the cheap room booked-now lets see what I end up with:thumbsup2

We have a garden view booked for January (no lagoon available). Any suggestions for requests? Maybe close walk to BC/Epcot? High floor?

You could request either or both of those by calling Disney's Central Reservations. Make sure you list them in order of your priority.

"Close to Lobby, please. Upper floor if possible"

Sounds like you can indicate "High Floor" during online checkin. It shouldn't override requests that you have called in, unless you specify that you would prefer to have a room that is ready as soon as possible over any requests you made.

Hope that helps

:thumbsup2

I just did the online check in for yacht club
I could only select one thing (High floor)
No drop down menu to let me choose other things
Cast member TRIED to help-must be glitch in system-so she gave me Yacht Club phone #

VERY NICE cast member at YC=
I said wanted to add King bed (i know those are hard to come by at WDW-so we will see)
I also said " not a dumpster view" very humorously-she laughed and added " nice view"
I have the cheap room booked-now lets see what I end up with:thumbsup2

Let us know how you make out!

If you get a hideous view, don't touch anything and return to the front desk to see if there are any rooms available with a better view.

:goodvibes

Yacht Club, Room 3049, Water View (we loved it!!). As per Touring Plans, we requested upper floor for better views, SE facing (meaning the lake instead of the pool). This room is on the third floor:

These next two are slightly zoomed in:

Panorama of the view:

Got upgraded to Garden view ( booked standard)

King with chair- like wood nymph above
Balcony at inside corner looking on the quiet pool- it's quite a hike to lobby
But next to a elevator and we come out right by rental boats and bike and close to the boats to Epcot and Studios
:cheer2:

Got upgraded to Garden view ( booked standard)

King with chair- like wood nymph above
Balcony at inside corner looking on the quiet pool- it's quite a hike to lobby
But next to a elevator and we come out right by rental boats and bike and close to the boats to Epcot and Studios
:cheer2:

:thumbsup2

Hi! We were in room 5227. We booked a water view room. I requested a king bed. We were upgraded to a water view CL room!

Continued in next post
The views look awesome. If we book WV club level I am going to hope to get room 5227. Another added plus as it will be just my wife, myself, and our almost 3 year old toddler is the king bed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter