Yacht, beach, or boardwalk?

Nope, the hotel rooms are being refurbished now. They paused the DVC refurbishment and will resume that one later in the year. Resort rooms are scheduled to be completed by late August.
OMG FINALLY! Have any photos leaked? Crazy they don’t have any info listed about it online or announcements like they did for BWI 🙄 It so desperately needed the updated beds and flooring!

OMG FINALLY! Have any photos leaked? Crazy they don’t have any info listed about it online or announcements like they did for BWI 🙄 It so desperately needed the updated beds and flooring!

It's allegedly going to only be a soft goods refurbishment, so possibly no new flooring or glass shower doors.

Disney did change the announcement and it now says Beach Club Resort AND Villas will be undergoing refurbishment through the end of the year. It used to say Beach Club Resort Villas.

It's allegedly going to only be a soft goods refurbishment, so possibly no new flooring or glass shower doors.

Disney did change the announcement and it now says Beach Club Resort AND Villas will be undergoing refurbishment through the end of the year. It used to say Beach Club Resort Villas.
Drat! C’est la vie. At least it will lose the rundown vibe, I stayed last March and it definitely could use even just some soft goods TLC.

I always feel that the YC rooms are a bit bigger (I don't think they are but they feel that way). I think it's the amount of storage and the big sliding door over the area with the sinks and the balconies that make the room feel larger. Having said that, with multiple people in the room, the extra storage goes a long way to making it more comfortable.

Yacht Club is lovely. I wish it had DVC! We usually do Beach or BoardWalk because of the DVC factor. If that's not needed, do Yacht!

Yeah, this is why we can't stay here. Son and I are both allergic to dogs and I don't need to be dealing with that on vacation.
No matter which Disney resort you stay in, call and request a "deep cleaning" for allergies before you arrive. A service dog can stay in any room on property, not just the rooms reserved for pets.

No matter which Disney resort you stay in, call and request a "deep cleaning" for allergies before you arrive. A service dog can stay in any room on property, not just the rooms reserved for pets.

The only reason I don't do this is because it severely limits the ability to be moved to a different room in case something is wrong with the one we were assigned. Unless I see dog hair, I will assume my room never had a dog in it.

The 2 hotels are connected and the convention center is on the Yacht Club side. You will be happy with either one. They are just themed a little different. Though die hards of one or the other will tell you one’s better they are incorrect. 😬

The Boardwalk is across the water and not as nice (someone’s going to argue with me there too, but they are wrong). 😬
I rest my case.
Seriously though Yacht Club for your demographic. It’s the difference between a fish smelling, napkin waiving, character filled restaurant, and a jazz playing, steak serving with a perfect Manhattan on the side restaurant. Both have a place in my life and in my heart. 😂

Last edited:
I rest my case.
Seriously though Yacht Club for your demographic. It’s the difference between a fish smelling, napkin waiving, character filled restaurant, and a jazz playing, steak serving with a perfect Manhattan on the side restaurant. Both have a place in my life and in my heart. 😂
Eh. The smell & excitement are pretty contained to that area, it’s not like your smelling fish in your room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter