Xcarat in Cancun?

SL6827

DIS Veteran
Anyone ever been here? Worth the price? Worth it to stay onsite or can it be done cheaper?

We've done it. We just stayed at an all-inclusive in Cancun and had bus transportation to take us there. Not a city bus, like a tour bus service that stopped at a lot of different resorts. We thought it was worth it. Decent things to do.

We have also done Xplor while on a port call in Cozumel. It's near Xcaret so I'm assuming Xplor does resort transportation as well.

Both are fun so you may want to check the activities at both and see which your family prefers.

I have not been here...yet! But am in the planning stages of staying here next year for our anniversary. I'm totally getting obsessed with this place! I keep referring to it as the Mexican disney world! Magic bands, photopass, bus pick up at the airport, free transportation to the parks. There is a Fans of Xcaret Hotel facebook group that I just joined that really has a lot of information too. The website and then trip advisor have also been really good at giving me details too. Its a new hotel and parks so the information is all from December 2017 and on. The place looks like paradise!
Edited to correct opening year. Also, as far as discounts, I have not found any. One downside is that payment is due in full when booking on the hotel website. It seems that if you'd book through expedia, then the price is the same, but there is an option to pay at the hotel. Its this payment in full that has me waiting just a bit to book since we're not going until next year.

Last edited:
My son went there right when it opened. He is a resort snob and he absolutely loved it. He said it was like a Disney hotel! They only stayed 6 nights and didn’t have time to enjoy everything the hotel offered! He was upgraded to the nicer portion of the hotel and gained access to some signature dining experiences. He is still raving about how much they loved that place. And he has been to all inclusive resorts all over the Caribbean with us!

So when staying at the hotel, you get all you can eat, all day long, right?

Yes, it was all inclusive. There are levels of all inclusive though. Certain areas are reserved for the more expensive rooms.

Yes, it was all inclusive. There are levels of all inclusive though. Certain areas are reserved for the more expensive rooms.
Was there any type of American food included? My daughter will not be wanting to eat Mexican food. She wants basic type, kid friendly foods.

Was there any type of American food included? My daughter will not be wanting to eat Mexican food. She wants basic type, kid friendly foods.
I have read that there is plenty of that there.

I have not been here...yet! But am in the planning stages of staying here next year for our anniversary. I'm totally getting obsessed with this place! I keep referring to it as the Mexican disney world! Magic bands, photopass, bus pick up at the airport, free transportation to the parks. There is a Fans of Xcaret Hotel facebook group that I just joined that really has a lot of information too. The website and then trip advisor have also been really good at giving me details too. Its a new hotel and parks so the information is all from December 2017 and on. The place looks like paradise!
Edited to correct opening year. Also, as far as discounts, I have not found any. One downside is that payment is due in full when booking on the hotel website. It seems that if you'd book through expedia, then the price is the same, but there is an option to pay at the hotel. Its this payment in full that has me waiting just a bit to book since we're not going until next year.
I have heard of it being referred to as the Mexican Disney World on You Tube too.

If you book through a member you can get 25% off. But you also have to sit through a 2-hour timeshare presentation as well. But I have read that doing that is no big deal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter