Wyndham Bonnet Creek- tips & helpful information

More than likely, we will be driving in from Sanford airport, rather than MCO (flights out of our city only go to Sanford). That airport is about 1 hour from WBC. It looks like I can rent a car from Avis for just that day for about $50 and return it to the Hilton at DTD. That will also allow us to stop for groceries on the way in. I'm assuming a cab would be pretty expensive and the car service for round trip is about $300.

More than likely, we will be driving in from Sanford airport, rather than MCO (flights out of our city only go to Sanford). That airport is about 1 hour from WBC. It looks like I can rent a car from Avis for just that day for about $50 and return it to the Hilton at DTD. That will also allow us to stop for groceries on the way in. I'm assuming a cab would be pretty expensive and the car service for round trip is about $300.

Gotcha! In that case yes, that would be cheaper for ya.:) i have not seen anything about car rentals services at BC so I bet that is what you wil have to do.

If you are going to Epcot...
Consider getting off the shuttle at MK (TTC) and taking the Monorail to Epcot.
About the same amount of time and the monorail drops you off much closer
at Epcot than the shuttle. On the return trip this may not work as well because the shuttle picks up at MK at then picks up at Epcot before returning to WBC.

Booked a 2 Room Condo for 11/11-11/18. Last time we stayed at Saratoga Springs, which was really nice. How does WBC compare? We will have a 5yr old, 3yr old and a 1yr old and will be going to the parks every day. How is the shuttle service? Any other tips for WBC first timers? Also, I want to make sure we get a great room with the fireworks view. Sounds like I should request Building 2? How early can I call to put in that request?

How much clothes washing detergent do they give you at at time? We are a family of 6 and will need a few packets just to do a couple of loads and a load of towels. Will they give you multiple packs at a time and what kind of detergent do they supply? Just wondering if it would be easier to just buy a jug of detergent when we get groceries.

How much clothes washing detergent do they give you at at time? We are a family of 6 and will need a few packets just to do a couple of loads and a load of towels. Will they give you multiple packs at a time and what kind of detergent do they supply? Just wondering if it would be easier to just buy a jug of detergent when we get groceries.

I plan to bring my own because I am picky about it. :laughing: My guess is that it would only be enough for one or two loads though. I have read that they will bring you more if you request some, and then I also read where they will charge you for it. I need to find this out for sure and post it here.

There is another Bonnet Creek thread with people who have been that can answer any questions. That's where I am asking mine. I am trying to post helpful tips here so they will be easy to find, so if you find out anything helpful please post it here. I am planning our very first trip to Bonnet Creek and I'm excited!!!:woohoo:

1.)Pool towels now have to be checked out and returned or you'll get charged.

2.)The little "pool side" shops only take cash or hotel charge, no credit cards.

3.) Just be sure to know what parks have morning EMH and skip those and be at rope drop with everyone else. You will find you still have an empty park for an hour or so.

I plan to bring my own because I am picky about it. :laughing: My guess is that it would only be enough for one or two loads though. I have read that they will bring you more if you request some, and then I also read where they will charge you for it. I need to find this out for sure and post it here.

There is another Bonnet Creek thread with people who have been that can answer any questions. That's where I am asking mine. I am trying to post helpful tips here so they will be easy to find, so if you find out anything helpful please post it here. I am planning our very first trip to Bonnet Creek and I'm excited!!!:woohoo:

I will probably just buy my own. Six people generate A LOT of laundry:laundy: I would hate to have to keep bugging housekeeping for more. Post if you find out anymore info about the detergent, though:thumbsup2

Has anyone booked Bonnet Creek through Vacation Strategy? I received a great quote, but I am slightly skeptical, as I had never heard of them before. However, I did read up about them and their concept is pretty brilliant!

Has anyone booked Bonnet Creek through Vacation Strategy? I received a great quote, but I am slightly skeptical, as I had never heard of them before. However, I did read up about them and their concept is pretty brilliant!

I was booked with them because I have read so many good things about them. We are going the week of Thanksgiving and they could book all but two nights in the middle of my stay there. I didn't want to move so I re-booked with Ken at Vacation Upgrades. I am having to pay over $200.00 more:headache: but it's worth it not to have to move twice.

When I called them they were very nice, and very professional. My refund was returned quick too. I dont think you would have any problems at all.

Robin&Marian+2, you are very welcome. I'm about to read some more to hunt for more helpful tips. If you find any on here please post, even if you think it's silly. It may help someone.

1.) Some rooms do not have fitted sheets on the beds. If this bothers you, bring one from home.

2.)Foil and wrap is not in the kitchen so bring some from home.

3. I read this from a poster named Mommydust and found it helpful: The pools were wonderful, and heated. The lazy river was strong enough to carry us comfortably around the loop over and over. Tower 6 has a wonderful pirate ship themed pool with a terrific slide for the little ones. There were plenty of hot tubs around and cabanas also. Guests can use facilities at any of the towers and at the Grand Wyndham Hotel. We enjoyed walking the premises - a loop around a large central pond with 2 water fountains. The environment was very conducive to meeting others, with a variety of planned activities. Our second night there we were drawn to the sound of dueling pianos coming from a bar outside tower 4. We found a cheerful crowd of patrons singing along to pop tunes of the 50's - 80's led by two hugely talented and entertaining pianists. Think Sweet Caroline, Sweet Home Alabama, New York New York, etc. What a blast! Our last night, we found karaoke outside tower 3. Another fun time! We also got a good size pizza there for 14.99 and it was delicious.

Her full review is here: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2739937&page=93

4.) Shuttle buses have a Tip Jar.

5.)A difference between the deluxe vs presidential units is occupancy. The Deluxe units have sleeper sofas (accommodate 2 more), the presidential do not.

6.)You can order groceries from Garden Grocer and they will deliver to you.

7.) Taxi fee calculator link.
http://www.taxifarefinder.com/main.php?city=Orlando

Just a side note, it has been reported that if you use a taxi to go to a theme park, they charge the fee to park there too. Insane!! One way to get around the parking fee - get dropped off at a Disney resort and take their bus. Seems time consuming though.

Robin&Marian+2, you are very welcome. I'm about to read some more to hunt for more helpful tips. If you find any on here please post, even if you think it's silly. It may help someone.

I have just one. I've been told that the coffee makers are cone shaped, not basket shaped like the WDW property coffee makers.

I have just one. I've been told that the coffee makers are cone shaped, not basket shaped like the WDW property coffee makers.

Correct. However they had filters ther for us to use. You will want ot bring some coffee if you want to make your own. Starbucks is served at several of the food locations and there is an actual Starbucks in The Grand.

Correct. However they had filters ther for us to use. You will want ot bring some coffee if you want to make your own. Starbucks is served at several of the food locations and there is an actual Starbucks in The Grand.

Would you say there are enough filters to last an entire stay of 9 days? Thank you! If not..do you know what size the coffee pot is? 6-12 cups? Thanks.

7.) Taxi fee calculator link.
http://www.taxifarefinder.com/main.php?city=Orlando

Just a side note, it has been reported that if you use a taxi to go to a theme park, they charge the fee to park there too. Insane!! One way to get around the parking fee - get dropped off at a Disney resort and take their bus. Seems time consuming though.

I've heard that MEARS is the only cab company that can drop off at the parks without having to pay the $14 parking fee. If you are going to use a cab, use MEARS.

One thing that surprised us- Why I am not sure, just wasnt expecting it. We had an 8 night rental. We checked in on a Friday and when we returned back to our room late the following Friday, housekeeping had been there. It seemed a little odd to go to all the trouble since we were checking out the next morning. They even put up the rollaway bed we had left down (including blankets in the closet) so we had to remake the bed.

If you plan on using the rollaway, you may want to bring your own bedding or you will probably have to call the front desk. We only had one pillow, one blanket, and one mattress pad for the bed-no sheets??

Great resort though, we enjoyed our stay :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter