• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wyndham Bonnet Creek FEE now $5 PER PERSON, PER TRIP -- see Post #147

Are strollers (folded up) allowed on the shuttles? I thought I read on another thread that they were not. That will be very fustrating to have to pay a fee for something I am not allowed to use, as we will have a stroller for DS2 on our upcoming trip.

Are strollers (folded up) allowed on the shuttles? I thought I read on another thread that they were not. That will be very fustrating to have to pay a fee for something I am not allowed to use, as we will have a stroller for DS2 on our upcoming trip.
We had no problem bringing our double stroller on the bus and lots of other families had strollers as well.

The confusion comes because at the bottom of the bus schedule it says no strollers. However, if you call the bus company, they say that means you can bring strollers, they just have to be folded up.

We had no problem bringing our double stroller on the bus and lots of other families had strollers as well.

The confusion comes because at the bottom of the bus schedule it says no strollers. However, if you call the bus company, they say that means you can bring strollers, they just have to be folded up.

Oh good! Thank you both for the replies and clearing it up for me!

Over on the TUG Wyndham board, one of our members made a series of suggestions on how to deal with this new fee imposition. People who use timeshares regularly are incensed by these fees, because they actually negate the value of buying into a large system like Wyndham.

His suggestion covers two groups of people :

those who booked through a Wyndham points reservation (which would include people renting from a Wyndham owner)
2) If you have a reservation at Bonnet Creek consider filling out the "Satisfaction Survey" which will give you the opportunity to grade the resort on a 1 to 10 scale. Consider grading with a "1."

and those who exchange into WBC via RCI
3) If you have a reservation through RCI make sure you rate Wyndham Bonnet Creek with a "1." If someone calls or writes with questions as to why the low rating make your voice heard loud and clear.

These seem to be sensible suggestions to me.

I'm also writing my Wyndham home resort and asking them to institute a $12 per night fee on all Wyndham Bonnet Creek owners for use of our roadways and parking lots.:stir:

Jim--Shuttle bus service is an amenity not generally offered by timeshare resorts in the Orlando area. The few who offer it charge around $10 per day per passenger.

As an alternative to the mandatory $12 per unit fee would you prefer a per passenger/per day charge of $8-$10 per day? Charging that way will probably result in more guests driving to theme parks. That would probably lead to reductions in the schedule.

The lack of notice is not very nice. The charge is reasonable for what you get.

Jim--Shuttle bus service is an amenity not generally offered by timeshare resorts in the Orlando area. The few who offer it charge around $10 per day per passenger.

As an alternative to the mandatory $12 per unit fee would you prefer a per passenger/per day charge of $8-$10 per day? Charging that way will probably result in more guests driving to theme parks. That would probably lead to reductions in the schedule.

I agree, it is an amenity. However, it was already costing me (a Wyndham owner) more points to stay at BC than any of the other area resorts. Therefore, I was already paying for it in points. So I can move over to one of the other resorts and save $$ and points.

Between this new fee and the bedbug issue (not necessarily the bugs themselves but the way it was handled) is turning me off from staying at WBC for our Oct trip. I was all excited when I got an amazing rate from VS but adding in almost another $100 in fees pushes it over our budget. We wouldn't use their transportation either. That's what I don't get...why not just charge for those who want to use their shuttles instead of making everyone pay for it?

I agree, the extra fee is tough to swallow.

BUT, with the fee's I am still paying $1,184 for a condo that sleeps 8 with a full kitchen for 7 nights. This is allowing me to bring my daughters best freind (11 and 11) on her first ever trip to disney.

Normally, we would stay at the beach club, or wilderness lodge. @ $1,800 on a good rate. But that only sleeps 4, and has no kitchen.

Being able to cook for ourselves will save at LEAST $500 over over the course of a week. (still have 3 ADR's at disney)

off site vs on sight there is still plenty of "magic'.

Bottom line WBC is at least $1,200 cheaper even with the fee's.

As an alternative to the mandatory $12 per unit fee would you prefer a per passenger/per day charge of $8-$10 per day? Charging that way will probably result in more guests driving to theme parks.
Sure. That would be a reasonable fee for a service the participants are actually using.

I'm not sure $10 per day would cover the costs, but charge whatever you want to charge to those who actually use the service.
That would probably lead to reductions in the schedule.
Fine. If people who use the service want more frequent scheduling, they can pay for it.

The issue here, however is not about the price being charged to people who ride WBC's buses.

The issue is that one greedy HOA is charging everyone -- including people who have paid tens of thousands of dollars to own Wyndham timeshares -- for a service that many of them may not choose to use.

I personally think the logical remedy for that is to charge WBC owners $12 per night wherever they stay in the Wyndham system other than WBC as a "reciprocal transportation fee." "A Modest Proposal" which should level the playing field.

If the WBC HOA (and it is NOT Wyndham charging this fee) can't afford to continue this service, they should discontinue it.
Only if you get it. If you use the service, it saves you $2 per day in parking fees at WDW. If you don't use it, you paid $12 for nothing.

Frankly, I'd happily pay the extra $2 to have the convenience of driving my own car and going/coming whenever I feel like it -- but the imputed value of the bus service is not the issue.

This August will be my 4th stay at WBC. We have always gone thru Ken and Denise at Vacation Upgrades. Our rentals have been flawless. I just stumbled upon this thread and was initially concerned. We are staying 14 nights and that $12 will add up. I am not surprised that Ken and Denise are eating the fees for the people who have booked. They are just that kind of people. I did want to say that after reading some people found vacation strategy cheaper I did call and get a quote from them. Ken and Denise at vacation upgrades are over $200 cheaper and if it is true that they are compensating people who have already booked for the $12 a night, then that means the difference of using them is over $400 cheaper than vacation strategy. Will they be the cheapest every time, probably not. But their quick response and superior customer service make paying a few dollars more totally worth it. I have also rented other locations from them as well and as with WBC they more than met my expectations.
Going forward, my kids are getting older and we will not be visiting florida as much but unless things significantly change, would still stay there. I still feel for the accommodations it is a great deal.

I agree about Ken & Denise. They always try their best to rebook at a lower cost and are wonderful about communicating with folks. There is a nice sense of security with them. :)

Sure. That would be a reasonable fee for a service the participants are actually using.

I'm not sure $10 per day would cover the costs, but charge whatever you want to charge to those who actually use the service. Fine. If people who use the service want more frequent scheduling, they can pay for it.

Im just wondering if the 12 bucks were labeled something else, energy fee, captial gains depreciation recovery fee, special projects fee, resort fee or anyone of the other amorphous fees that are associated with rental cars or hotel rentals, would people still be up in arms abut this ?

I think one of the big advantages of WBC is clearly the cost/proximity, which is far better for WBC for the concession of not stating on property. Now the $ 12 a day is not going to make it comparable to disney properties just marginally less of a good deal. mabey this drives it over the tipping point for some people.

No one likes it when things get more expensive, perhaps there should be a sliding scale not based on unit but on bedroom number or occupancy.
we stayed in a three bedroom deluxe with nine of us, we never used the shuttle but if we had to pay for it it would be 1.33 more per person per day. if its is two people in a one bedroom thats 6 bucks a day. I understand the principle, no one likes getting nickle and dimed ( which is why a lot of people like wbc because they dont charge resort fees like a lot of the resort and non-resort hotels in orlando do) but I dont see how a couple of bucks a day is going to break the budget.

I'm not an owner so I dont have to worry about points. I can see exempting WBC owners from the fee, and possibly other wyndham owners who physically stay there, but for owners or clearing houses that exchange their points for cash, if the cost was rolled into the cost up front and not expected to be paid at check in, I suspect the uproar would be dramatically less because it would still be significantly cheaper than on property.

I am sure that the overwhelming majority of people in this thread have way more experience with WBC than I do, we just got back about 10 days ago so we escaped the transportation fee. Looking back I probably would not have liked it if we had to pony up the money but I'm not sure that it would have changed my perception of the place and I am quite confident that in the event I have the opportunity to revisit orlando, WBC will still be at the top of my list of places to stay.

This was posted on TUG earlier today. It is a letter a Tugger received from the manager at Wyndham Bonnet Creek:
Dear Guest:

As a result of recent feedback, the Bonnet Creek Home Owners Association has reversed the recently communicated $12 per unit / per day transportation fee at Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort. Beginning March 1, 2013, transportation fees will only be applied to individuals who use the Walt Disney World® Resort shuttles at the resort.

We remain committed to delivering exceptional Count On Me! service and creating vacation memories for you and your family and friends.

Thank you for your continued feedback and ongoing support. We look forward to your stay at the Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort.

Sincerely,
Richard Scinta, Resort Manager
Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort

I'm going on feb 23-mar 2 and I will not use the shuttle. Is the mandatory shuttle fee of $12 still in effect till march 1or is it off until march when it becomes voluntary ?

This is encouraging, and exactly what everyone seemed to be asking for- "charge me if I use it".
Good news for me since we are driving down...

GREAT NEWS!! Thanks for listening to your customers Richard Scinta, Resort Manager, Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort.

I'm going on feb 23-mar 2 and I will not use the shuttle. Is the mandatory shuttle fee of $12 still in effect till march 1or is it off until march when it becomes voluntary ?

You're charged if you use the shuttle service.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter