Wyndham Bonnet Creek FEE now $5 PER PERSON, PER TRIP -- see Post #147

JimMIA

There's more to life than mice...
This picture is a little muddled right now, but there is discussion over on the TUG Wyndham board about a new fee structure at the Wyndham Bonnet Creek timeshares.

It seems that, effective Feb 15, anyone who is not either a) a Wyndham owner at Bonnet Creek, b) A Wyndham VIP member, or c) a Wyndham Access owner will be charged a $12 per night fee for parking, park shuttles, etc, regardless of whether you use those services. In other words, an extra $84 per week for stuff that used to be free.

Based on the initial info available, even Wyndham owners at other resorts will be charged this fee.

It should go without saying that anyone renting a reservation at Bonnet Creek from an owner or rental service, will be charged $12 per night.

We are looking at staying there in May. We are Discovery members...just trying it out. We read this at the bottom of their site, but was hoping since we were going to drive that we would not be subject to this fee. I guess we now are :(

I wonder if they will try to charge us for 3 days on our trip. We are there from the 8-18..:confused3:confused3

I wonder if they will try to charge us for 3 days on our trip. We are there from the 8-18..:confused3:confused3
I wouldn't think so. The normal practice would be to base any fees on check-IN date.

So who would collect this fee, the resort? I just reserved through Vacation Strategy, and there was no mention of this fee.

Just stayed at WBC last summer, it was nice but an additional charge for parking makes this not a great deal anymore to rent. I wonder if this will hurt rentals?

I am BY FAR not in favor of any additional fees (who would be) and yes I will grumble and HATE paying this.....but an extra $84/week for this resort only really changes this resort from a really great value to a great value IMHO.

Darn. We drive and don't use their shuttles so we are already paying $14/day to park at disney, this will essentially make our daily fees for parking $26/day. If we decide to stay @ BC we might have to decide whether or not it is worth it to skip the shuttle and pay for parking @ disney anymore.. hmm.

So who would collect this fee, the resort? I just reserved through Vacation Strategy, and there was no mention of this fee.

I would assume they would collect it at check in. Like other hotels that you book 3rd party (for example- through priceline) and then have to pay an add'l resort fee at check in. I think that is why I have seen it recommended here to research such resort fees before bidding on Priceline because add'l resort fees later can make a good deal not so great in the end. I guess now we will have to factor in resort fees when we price out BC as well.

I'm sure the front desk will collect this...checked with VS...they said their quote includes all fees and taxes...and that there is no parking and resort fees......don't know since our reservation is for Thanksgiving week...Yikes!

I'm sure the front desk will collect this...checked with VS...they said their quote includes all fees and taxes...and that there is no parking and resort fees......don't know since our reservation is for Thanksgiving week...Yikes!

Ys, my quote with VS says the same thing and we are checking in 3/22. I didn't get my final email yet to pay the deposit....It will be interesting to see how they handle this.

Ys, my quote with VS says the same thing and we are checking in 3/22. I didn't get my final email yet to pay the deposit....It will be interesting to see how they handle this.

We check in on 4/12. I'm assuming that we will have to pay the resort fee when we check in.

I would not expect VS will absorb this cost, although I'll be very happy if they do. I'm getting a 2BR Deluxe for 8 nights for $745. If I have to pay $96 more, that makes my nightly rate $105. I still consider that a bargain for what I'm getting. But, like a PP said, it's just not as great a bargain as before.

Hi! We are checking in WBC on February 9,2013 and again this summer. I called WBC this morning and was told that the $12/ per unit fee is NOT a parking fee but a shuttle fee that would ONLY be charged if you utilize the shuttle service. The fee is not per person but per unit, which is actually reasonable because it is round tip for your entire family. We own at Sheraton Vistana and the transportation is per person and can add up for a family of 6. I was also informed that the renovations in tower 3 were completed this week! Looking forward to some warm weather, it's cold here in PA.:upsidedow

If it was a shuttle fee it would probably be charged per person and not per unit. That's how a fee for shuttle transportation is generally charged.

Some hotels charge a resort fee which includes parking and shuttle bus service. It's hard to claim you're not using the services being offered by the fee. Most guests at WBC either have a car or use the shuttle service.

The fee doesn't start until next month. It's possible the people at the desk at WBC haven't been given the right wording to give guests.

For everyone wondering about this, Wyndham owners are as much in the dark as you are.

Over on the TUG boards, people have been told all of the things that some here have been told...much of which is contradictory, and a LOT of which is probably coming from people who DON'T KNOW, but are incapable of saying, "I don't know!"

Here's a link to the TUG thread: http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=186330&page=2

For those renting, or exchanging in via RCI, my best guess is you WILL pay the fee. My personal guess if that renting from a WBC VIP owner won't change that.

This question is NOT the fault of the owners renting in good faith -- they are as surprised as the rest of us. RCI has told some callers the local fees are whatever they are, and I'm sure no Wyndham owners have been directly notified. This thing was discovered by accident -- but it's on the Wyndham website, so it's undoubtedly accurate.

Wyndham is notorious for changing things without notifying anyone (DVC is also), and we often find that the people at the resort level (despite the fact that Wyndham is headquarted in Orlando) really just don't know what's going on.

If you are checking in after 2/15, I'd plan on $12 per day extra expense.

I called WBC this morning and was told that the $12/ per unit fee is NOT a parking fee but a shuttle fee that would ONLY be charged if you utilize the shuttle service.
This sounds bogus to me, although Wyndham owners have reported the same conversation.

But the fact is the front desk people doing the charging have NO IDEA whether you use the shuttle. How could they?

This sounds like someone not willing to admit they don't know.

JimMIA said:
This sounds bogus to me, although Wyndham owners have reported the same conversation.

But the fact is the front desk people doing the charging have NO IDEA whether you use the shuttle. How could they?

This sounds like someone not willing to admit they don't know.

Sounds bogus to me. But front desk would ask if you're using the shuttle. If so you get a bus pass. Drivers will ask to see your pass.

Being a Wyndham owner, this does not shock me. When Wyndham opens up a new resort, the fees are dirt cheap to get people to buy. Once they finish or about finished, they jack everything up. Right now, Bonnet Creek has one of the lowest fees of all of the Wyndham properties. I think in the next 2-3 years these will go up a ton. As for charging for parking, again not surprising. There are some (I would say about 20%) of their resorts you have to pay for parking. On another note, don't buy into Bonnet Creek. I own an older Wyndham timeshare and I have never had an issue getting into Bonnett Creek as long as I plan in advance. This includes holidays.

The old Wyndham bait and switch.

I also own at Wyndham, and we're taking our first WBC vacation this October. So this comes as not-so-good news to me. I just hope they improve the bus service so there isn't that mid-afternoon gap. Else, we'll probably be stuck paying both the shuttle fee and the parking fee.

For those trading into DVC from RCI, there is a $95/week fee. That's for Magical Express, parking and transportation. That I can understand. It just seems liek we're now paying $84/week for no airport transportation, no theme park parking and shuttles that run on limited hours.

That's Wyndham for you. Promise you the moon and the stars, and you end up getting burned.

I'm a TUGger, and I should check the thread. However, there is still that nasty virus threat over on the board, and I'm afraid to go over there. Has that been resolved?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter