Written Confirmations

Uncle Remus

Raconteur / can't name 'em Jeb
Okay, I've been readin' some of the paranoia threads in all forums so excuse me. :lmao:

Back in Nov I made reservations for BWV 'n BCV for May 'n Sep respectively.
I received written confirmation for my May trip over a month ago.
Should I jump on the paranoia train 'n worry where's my Sep confirmation? :scared:

I have the same problems at times with the written confirmation. I just requested a month ago verification for our trip coming up in March and within 2 weeks I had it in hand. I actually requested it via email through the member website and they emailed me back within a day saying they would have another one sent out.

I have the same problems at times with the written confirmation. I just requested a month ago verification for our trip coming up in March and within 2 weeks I had it in hand. I actually requested it via email through the member website and they emailed me back within a day saying they would have another one sent out.

Hey, I'm glad you got your confirmation. :thumbsup2

I really don't like to worry about these kinda things, but after readin' some
"trouble" stories, I can't help but wonder when my luck might run out. :lmao:

We made a reservation back in November for October this year and haven't yet received a written confirmation. It does show on the member website so I'm not too worried BUT I have never had a problem receiving written confirmations before and it makes me wonder why there are issues recently with people not receiving them :confused3 We have also made a reservation for friends who have paid for points which were transferred to us and I would have liked to be able to show them a written confirmation (although I know they trust us so it's not a major issue). TBH, we are going to try and switch our ressies at the 7-month mark so it's not a huge worry but I am going to definitely request written confirmation then - I just feel better having that yellow piece of paper in my sticky little mitts :thumbsup2

I was surprised that I got my confirmation yesterday for a reservation I made last Monday. They usually take longer than that.

One time I did have to call to get a copy of a confirmation, it never came.

IMO the confirmation paper means nothing.

Let's say you book Boardwalk view and they send out a confirmation. Then you rebook standard view or cancel the reservaton all together. You show up with the confirmation for Boardwalk View.... :confused3

Having the paper does nothing to help you get your Boardwalk view.

Now what if DVC makes the mistake, well again that paper wont help as much as them looking into the details of your account.

I suppose you could argue that if MS isnt open that paper would help... but it mearly represents one moment in time, not what actually is... if that makes sense.

Okay, I've been readin' some of the paranoia threads in all forums so excuse me. :lmao:

Back in Nov I made reservations for BWV 'n BCV for May 'n Sep respectively.
I received written confirmation for my May trip over a month ago.
Should I jump on the paranoia train 'n worry where's my Sep confirmation? :scared:

Just call MS and ask them to re-print the confirmation.

I requested my confirmation re-mailed because there had been changes, and I had combined ressies. I had never gotten a hard copy of the change. I figured if something goes wrong it might help to have it. They gave me a brand new confirmation number which was not the same as the ones showing on the member site.

I'll most likely print them out and have all three when I check in. Just to be on the safe side.

I think they may print out the confirmations in batches. There seems to be such a wide range of turn around time.

IMO the confirmation paper means nothing.

Let's say you book Boardwalk view and they send out a confirmation. Then you rebook standard view or cancel the reservaton all together. You show up with the confirmation for Boardwalk View.... :confused3

Having the paper does nothing to help you get your Boardwalk view.

Now what if DVC makes the mistake, well again that paper wont help as much as them looking into the details of your account.

I suppose you could argue that if MS isnt open that paper would help... but it mearly represents one moment in time, not what actually is... if that makes sense.

I agree. That's why the day before I go on my trip, I print it out from the members website and so if there are any problems, it gives them a better indication of the reservation since it was still there the day before. But yes, I know, this is not a guarantee.

However, now that I am having trouble viewing some of my reservations, I am getting a little nervous. If it's still not there, I plan to email them a week before and have them give me a confirmation through the email. I understand that they are doing something to the system, but it's been months since I am not able to view my other contracts/memberships. I believe that's the problem with the system, if you have more than one membership, they only show one, but it's never been the case before the summer, why now?:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter