Wow!!! That's Nuts! Pin Trading Event!

I got throught the line twice more but disconnected both times. I don't think there is enough time to get back through during this event so I'll see you all you maniacs at the next one! :thumbsup2

Ok I got in the room (was on kid's character-not mine). Got into the trade and asked fin if she would "like to surprise me with inferno".

She kicked me out of the trade and anounced "Repeat" "Not trading magic".

I figured I blew it but she traded me for a Grand Califronia pin. I appologized to her.

The information button says "might be a few surprise pins along the way" - so I thought it would not hurt to ask.......what was I thinking?

That was a close call,I DC'd during the trade. The pin was in my inventory when I got back on though!

FlyingPegasus said:
Ok I got in the room (was on kid's characther-not mine). Got into the trade and asked fin if she would "like to surprise me with inferno".

I figured I blew it but she traded me for a Grand Califronia pin. I appologized to her.

The information button says "might be a few surprise pins along the way" - so I thought it would not hurt to ask.......

That was close, as I DC during the trade. The pin was in my inventory when I got back on though!

Ouch... Yeah, I'm guessing the Hosts get tired of hearing that. Your best bet is to ask Hula when her time comes around. :woohoo:

KrazyPete said:
I got throught the line twice more but disconnected both times. I don't think there is enough time to get back through during this event so I'll see you all you maniacs at the next one! :thumbsup2

Uh, I have gone through maybe 35 peeps in ten minutes.

Wow finally got into pin trading room. Line moved very fast, I got to trade for Californian pin. I got out of the room and 5 seconds later I dc'd. Whew! Just made it.

Emery Status: In and traded.

What was fun was: she skipped everyone in the line and invited me to trade (I didn't even get in the river! :thumbsup2 )

Pirate-Emery said:
Emery Status: In and traded.

What was fun was: she skipped everyone in the line and invited me to trade (I didn't even get in the river! :thumbsup2 )

Lucky you! I got back in and waited and waited. Put pin in window. Asked for the pin I wanted. Hit accept and dc! btw - the EXACT timing as before. Why do they have that "timer" feature!?!?!? :badpc:

FlyingPegasus said:
Ok I got in the room (was on kid's character-not mine). Got into the trade and asked fin if she would "like to surprise me with inferno".

The information button says "might be a few surprise pins along the way" - so I thought it would not hurt to ask.......what was I thinking?

That was a close call,I DC'd during the trade. The pin was in my inventory when I got back on though!

Congrats. Lucky for you! But may I point out that meanwhile others of us in line behind you dc'ed as precious time was used up. Literally, every second counts.

We're all in this together everyone! Please be quick and be to the point so maybe, just maybe your fellow players can get their trade in too.

omg i finally got in to trade and when it was my turn, i put up a popcorn pin and asked for grand cali pin, then fin goes surprise and added the ATIS EYE pin along with grand cali pin....then when i clicked accept i dc'ed...i was so mad...but then i came back on to find out i had got both pins!!! WOOT

Disney Dreams said:
Lucky you! I got back in and waited and waited. Put pin in window. Asked for the pin I wanted. Hit accept and dc! btw - the EXACT timing as before. Why do they have that "timer" feature!?!?!? :badpc:

No clue! Are you theorizing that the dc is... planned? :confused3 Like, VMK wants it to happen...

Pirate-Emery said:
No clue! Are you theorizing that the dc is... planned? :confused3 Like, VMK wants it to happen...

All I'm saying is that I did not dc for 4 hours yesterday prior to the staff event. Then I did not make it 30 minutes once the event opened. Not theorizing anything - just facts.

Disney Dreams said:
All I'm saying is that I did not dc for 4 hours yesterday prior to the staff event. Then I did not make it 30 minutes once the event opened. Not theorizing anything - just facts.

Oh dear... The dc is planned! :guilty: Run for your lives! :rotfl2:

I dc threee times while waiting in line. All I have to say is...

Memories, light the corners of my minds....

This evokes thought of past pin trading events and the HORROR of it all!

Pirate-Emery said:
Oh dear... The dc is planned! :guilty: Run for your lives! :rotfl2:

I do not know enough about servers and gaming to make that statement. I know software, not hardware. I just know my game playing experience and find it really strange that I sat motionless in AmberDaze well chair for HOURS without dcing the other day.

Today - I enter the room. 2 ppl in front of me.

My turn.
I accept trade request instantly.
"Hi. DLR Grand please." (quick - all in one entry)
I place pin while she does.
I hit accept.
dc

Less than 30 minutes.

As I said yesterday, why have a nice host event if it just causes player frustration when we can't get through the trade??? It's a nice event, but why do we dc just as it's our turn? Again, I don't know the answer, just asking the questions.

Well, I can explain it this way - that day that you did not dc for a few hours - bet there was not alot of volume of people on the game since alot kids went back to school. Today on the otherhand, because of this event - dc's are more frequent.

I wish they would realize that the queue of 50 does not work when you need to make a trade for the pin. It all depends on the trader and how quick they are. Also, people do not realize the need to be brief for the consideration of others so that everyone gets their fair chance at trading. So to be honest you are at the mercy of the other traders.

Note to people in the next trade event - do not waste the host time - be quick and considerate of the people behind you.

disvaclub92 said:
Well, I can explain it this way - that day that you did not dc for a few hours - bet there was not alot of volume of people on the game since alot kids went back to school. Today on the otherhand, because of this event - dc's are more frequent.

I wish they would realize that the queue of 50 does not work when you need to make a trade for the pin. It all depends on the trader and how quick they are. Also, people do not realize the need to be brief for the consideration of others so that everyone gets their fair chance at trading. So to be honest you are at the mercy of the other traders.

Note to people in the next trade event - do not waste the host time - be quick and considerate of the people behind you.

LOL! Yes! "You go in, you get out, and nobody gets hurt."

My quick dc times were once while waiting in the "entry level" queue when
the game first opened. The second time, I didn't get to ask for the pin
I wanted before I dc. Finally, the third time was the charm. I asked for
the pin first, then quickly placed my pin as fast as I could find it. ;)

No chitchat with Fin. I dc a minute or so later. Whew. :)

BriarRosie said:
LOL! Yes! "You go in, you get out, and nobody gets hurt."

My quick dc times were once while waiting in the "entry level" queue when
the game first opened. The second time, I didn't get to ask for the pin
I wanted before I dc. Finally, the third time was the charm. I asked for
the pin first, then quickly placed my pin as fast as I could find it. ;)

No chitchat with Fin. I dc a minute or so later. Whew. :)

Well, the first time I was wondering how to ask (you can't say California in VMK). So I said Grand Californian? No worky, so I after some experimentation in the trade window, I ended up saying Grand?

Well, that worked, as I used it a couple times later as well. :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter