Wow so much has changed! Can you help me with a few quick Q's?

DisneyMommy403

Wishing on a Star
Aloha Everyone!

I last took a visit to the parks in May 2017. Doesn't seem too long ago, except practically everything was closed, the Disneyland Railroad wasn't open yet - and they hadn't even opened GOTG! Still had all of Downtown Disney intact, and Fantasmic wasn't available. There was no Pixar Pier, bug's land was still around, and Tomorrowland Terrace wasn't even a thing.

So, now... I just booked a last minute trip. Foolish, I know... considering all the dining I enjoy or wanted to try (Lamplight) is completely booked. I'll be there for just 2 days next month, and have a few questions that hopefully... you Disneyland experts can weigh in on.

1) MaxPass. That's new. Read a ton about it, so I just have one question that remains, and that is: If I scan my ticket, my friend scans his to his app, and my sister scans hers to her app... we all pay for our own MaxPass... can we link all our passes to each phone? So if my sister reserves our FPs for say, Space Mtn... then her phone dies... and then I need to use MaxPass for us three to get on GOTG... can we all (since we paid for MaxPass) just link our passes on any number of phones? So sorry if that's confusing.

2) Ride Order. Normally, all the hype at DL is centered around tackling Peter Pan, and Tommorrowland and a few other e-ticket rides in order. I don't see that has changed much... but DCA has now Pixar Pier attractions, Carsland, and GOTG.
In the morning - where am I supposed to head first now?
Is wide right even still relevant?
Are fastpasses still gone in a blink for RSR?
How are FPs for GOTG?'

3) There are snacks upon snacks upon snacks now! I'm pretty much planning to eat my way around.
What new dishes/snacks are not worth the hype?

*Please don't tell me anything is amazeballs at Lamplight Lounge, cause I seriously am so bummed I can't get a reservation there.

4) Lastly, reserved viewing area for Fantasmic... the on-the-go package area.
Where is that?
What meal should I get?
How early do I need to be there to not be annoyed that I'm behind people anyways?

Thank You for being awesome and responding to any (or all) of my questions!

3. Lamplight Lounge: There are only a small number of reservations. it is mostly walk up and wait. The upstairs area (the old Cove Bar) has drinks and the appetizer menu. Downstairs has a more extensive menu - drinks, the same appetizers and an additional entree menu, but overall we like the appetizers better. Not sure, but I think the donuts are only available downstairs.

4. The on the go package for Fantasmic is at Hungry Bear. If the package's food options don't appeal, you can order from the regular Hungry Bear menu, you'll just pay the package price.

1) MaxPass. That's new. Read a ton about it, so I just have one question that remains, and that is: If I scan my ticket, my friend scans his to his app, and my sister scans hers to her app... we all pay for our own MaxPass... can we link all our passes to each phone? So if my sister reserves our FPs for say, Space Mtn... then her phone dies... and then I need to use MaxPass for us three to get on GOTG... can we all (since we paid for MaxPass) just link our passes on any number of phones? So sorry if that's confusing.

Yes, you can have multiple tickets linked to multiple accounts. I'd have each person add their ticket to their own phone, and then add their MP, and then log out of their account. Then, log back in, and add the other tickets. That *should* assure that all 3 tickets all show MP, and that it doesn't try to get you to pay multiple times. MP and FP are tied to tickets, not to Disney accounts, so it should carry-over. However, I haven't done this in practice-- we use one phone to do it all, and then when the battery goes low, we just use our handy-dandy fake Fuel Rod to recharge.

2) Ride Order. Normally, all the hype at DL is centered around tackling Peter Pan, and Tommorrowland and a few other e-ticket rides in order. I don't see that has changed much... but DCA has now Pixar Pier attractions, Carsland, and GOTG.
In the morning - where am I supposed to head first now?
Is wide right even still relevant?
Are fastpasses still gone in a blink for RSR?
How are FPs for GOTG?'

Do your first MP as soon as you are through the gates. For us, that would be RSR. So, we grab the RSR MP, then knock out all of Pixar Pier and Paradise Garden Park (Mermaid, Zephyr, Swings) first thing. Incredicoaster can back up quickly, but there are still huge crowds going to GotG and RSR, so the wait for Incredicoaster won't be atrocious if you don't dilly-dally to get there, and if you do it first. We'd head to Cars Land after that, and get through the rides there (Roadsters and Mater first, though there's not any real reason why; we just tend to do them on our way to RSR. Once you scan in you MP, then you can grab GotG MP. From there, you've hit your headliners, and can get a MP for whatever after your GotG has been scanned in. The FPs are lasting much longer nowadays for RSR, but I haven't paid attention to how long.

3) There are snacks upon snacks upon snacks now! I'm pretty much planning to eat my way around.
What new dishes/snacks are not worth the hype?
No help here, as we haven't tried them recently. However, I know Disboards YouTube channel (blanking on the name) had a snacks episode maybe 2 months ago. Might be worth checking it out. Or YouTube search "Disneyland Snacks" and you will get a TON of videos.

*Please don't tell me anything is amazeballs at Lamplight Lounge, cause I seriously am so bummed I can't get a reservation there.

Keep looking! People cancel reservations, and so randomly a reservation may come up. Have you called the dining reservation line to have them look? I know they can basically only see the same info we can, however, I always call them if I can't find something! Also, check the morning of your desired day to eat there--again, people are "supposed" to cancel 24 hours ahead, so *sometimes* (but not always) this can show a few open slots.

4) Lastly, reserved viewing area for Fantasmic... the on-the-go package area.
Where is that?
What meal should I get?
How early do I need to be there to not be annoyed that I'm behind people anyways?

Show up about 30 minutes before they tell you to show up... At least in our case, we got the run around when we showed up 10 minutes after the "earliest time you can get in line." They had already walked the people to the viewing area, but the CMs were telling us to go to where they meet-up before walking over. I had looked on here for the seating map for each dining package, so I knew about where we were supposed to end up, and found a CM right there by where I thought we would be, and she got us to the right person. I can't help on what meal to get--we did the RBT one because whatever the meals were wouldn't fly with our group!

HAVE A GREAT TRIP!

Yes, you can have multiple tickets linked to multiple accounts. I'd have each person add their ticket to their own phone, and then add their MP, and then log out of their account. Then, log back in, and add the other tickets. That *should* assure that all 3 tickets all show MP, and that it doesn't try to get you to pay multiple times. MP and FP are tied to tickets, not to Disney accounts, so it should carry-over. However, I haven't done this in practice-- we use one phone to do it all, and then when the battery goes low, we just use our handy-dandy fake Fuel Rod to recharge.

Do your first MP as soon as you are through the gates. For us, that would be RSR. So, we grab the RSR MP, then knock out all of Pixar Pier and Paradise Garden Park (Mermaid, Zephyr, Swings) first thing. Incredicoaster can back up quickly, but there are still huge crowds going to GotG and RSR, so the wait for Incredicoaster won't be atrocious if you don't dilly-dally to get there, and if you do it first. We'd head to Cars Land after that, and get through the rides there (Roadsters and Mater first, though there's not any real reason why; we just tend to do them on our way to RSR. Once you scan in you MP, then you can grab GotG MP. From there, you've hit your headliners, and can get a MP for whatever after your GotG has been scanned in. The FPs are lasting much longer nowadays for RSR, but I haven't paid attention to how long.

No help here, as we haven't tried them recently. However, I know Disboards YouTube channel (blanking on the name) had a snacks episode maybe 2 months ago. Might be worth checking it out. Or YouTube search "Disneyland Snacks" and you will get a TON of videos.

Keep looking! People cancel reservations, and so randomly a reservation may come up. Have you called the dining reservation line to have them look? I know they can basically only see the same info we can, however, I always call them if I can't find something! Also, check the morning of your desired day to eat there--again, people are "supposed" to cancel 24 hours ahead, so *sometimes* (but not always) this can show a few open slots.

Show up about 30 minutes before they tell you to show up... At least in our case, we got the run around when we showed up 10 minutes after the "earliest time you can get in line." They had already walked the people to the viewing area, but the CMs were telling us to go to where they meet-up before walking over. I had looked on here for the seating map for each dining package, so I knew about where we were supposed to end up, and found a CM right there by where I thought we would be, and she got us to the right person. I can't help on what meal to get--we did the RBT one because whatever the meals were wouldn't fly with our group!

HAVE A GREAT TRIP!

You have been so helpful! Thank you so very much for your insightful answers to my questions! Much appreciated!

3. Lamplight Lounge: There are only a small number of reservations. it is mostly walk up and wait. The upstairs area (the old Cove Bar) has drinks and the appetizer menu. Downstairs has a more extensive menu - drinks, the same appetizers and an additional entree menu, but overall we like the appetizers better. Not sure, but I think the donuts are only available downstairs.

4. The on the go package for Fantasmic is at Hungry Bear. If the package's food options don't appeal, you can order from the regular Hungry Bear menu, you'll just pay the package price.

Such great tips! Thank You so much!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!