Would you switch hotels?

Thanks so much for the advice. It's good to know about Cocos. Maybe we'll have to try it. I'm thinking maybe we'll stick with Park Vue. I have had really good experiences in the past using them and I think it might just be worth the extra to stay there.

Geemo - I had to laugh at the image of waiting for a child to eat! I could totally picture my 5 year old doing the exact same thing!

I would keep my resi at PVI. Even if it cost more than other local hotels, staying at it or BWPPI is worth a few extra bucks because of the short walk.
Stayed at both many times and been happy with them.

We have stayed there and appreciated the breakfast. I would never have the patience to go to a restaurant for a sit down breakfast if I was heading to the park nor could I convince myself to get up that much earlier to allow for it. We eat a big breakfast when we are at Disneyland and are good for most of the day. The Park Vue breakfast does that for us and is fast. We also really love the pool area there. There can be issues with seating at the restaurant but we managed to make it work. Do they still have the evening snack time? Once or twice that did us for dinner even, although I wouldn't recommend it too often!

Last edited:
Here's two more cents...we've gone in January the past couple of years and the parks didn't open during the week we were there until 10am. We're not rope-droppers so we'd go over to Mimi's for breakfast (from del Sol or DI&S) or we hit McDonald's on MM. We found both Mimi's and McDonald's less busy than the breakfast room at either hotel. Maybe it's just the time of year. If you sign up for Mimi's eClub, you should receive numerous buy one, get one coupons. We found that we had time for a leisurely breakfast, stopped back at the room then headed for the parks right about when they opened and there were practically no lines at the turnstiles.

I would book both before prices go up and then figure out if it is worth it. Is it the same distance apart or are you now having to figure out traveling to the park everyday? If you now have to worry about transportation how much would that cost? How important is a nice hearty breakfast everyday? You say the room is similar but are the reviews similar; as in is it such a big downgrade that other troubles may not be worth the savings?

If it was me and they were similar type of hotels I would take the savings. Personally our family is not big into breakfast especially if were about to do a lot of running around so sticking with the hotel breakfast (or even picking up muffins, donuts, etc) works best for us. So breakfast would not be a concern for us. BUT if its a huge thing for yalls family (or a way to save money by not having large lunch/dinners) then do some cost analyzing to see how much you would save in the end.

I don't know about Denny's, but Coco's has order online and pick up features. I think Denny's might have similar. You can order your food to go, pick it up, and eat it while waiting at rope drop or something. So, that cuts down on time.

I don't really like Del Sol. It's nice for a 1 or 2 night stay, but I wouldn't do longer than that. If you won't be in the room much, it's not too bad though.
I'm not sure about online, but we have called ahead and done pickup there several times. Also, they have the $2, $4, $6 , $8 menu (but you have to ask for it).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter