Would you stay at value or moderate just to try it out, even if you could afford deluxe?

Anyone do this? Did you enjoy it? Do it again? Or never again?

We switch it up between all 3 levels and have enjoyed them all. It all depends on what we want out of the trip. Park heavy = Value. Resort only trip = Moderate. Relaxing trip with multiple resort only days mixed in with park days = Moderate or Deluxe. Ease of getting to parks = Deluxe.

Yes! We usually stay deluxe but have stayed at the POP a few times and really like it!

Trying to book another trip there in Nov. Not sure I can convince DH we need a Nov trip... but the price of POP v a deluxe stay (which we are doing in August) May sell him on it.

Somethings I love about staying value, I loved the food court, call me crazy but it’s really a great option with kids, so many choices! I also liked the theming. I stayed before and after the renovation and love the new rooms. Staff was fabulous!

Yes, yes, and yes.

I can afford the deluxe, but choose to go value (specifically POP) because I’d rather spend that difference on other things like dessert parties, EMM, DAH, premium experiences, etc. It works for our family as we don’t value the added cost the deluxe adds to our vacation as much as those other things. Especially at Disney as it becomes more and more crowded. But that’s just our preference.

Oh amd we still come out ahead even with all of that.

Anyone do this? Did you enjoy it? Do it again? Or never again?
Have I done it? Yes.
Did I enjoy it? Not really when it comes to the Values but I have found the Moderates to be pleasant.

I only book a Value Resort if I'm arriving late and don't want to waste DVC points when all I need is a bed and a shower. With the right discount, a standard room at a Value Resort is cheaper than a night offsite when you factor in free DME. But it's one night and done! I'm just not a fan of any of them and would choose to stay offsite for anything longer than one night.

I have a higher tolerance for Moderate Resorts and have booked longer stays at CSR when traveling with others who want to keep costs down. My last experience there was less than stellar but I blame it on being in a building that was earmarked for demolition. Otherwise, while I find the Value Resorts to be rather chaotic, the Moderates seem to be a little more subdued.

I wouldn't say never again for Values or Moderates, because even a night at either is better than not going to Disney at all. But I will say "not if I can help it".

No. Never. We always choose the best resort based on budget. Deluxe at all possible if not a mod. Never value for more than a single night. Tried it once and hated it. Only exception was staying in a suite at AoA and even that was one and done. We could get a deluxe for that cost

Last edited:
AP holder currently which takes certain aspects of the discussion out of the "park".
I would not choose to stay at a value if I was a rope dropping early morning to night visitor since too much time would be spent on transport.
Looking at pics and vids of the various values' exteriors and room interiors shows me I'm not currently interested at this age; maybe when I was younger.
As for mods, we are thinking about staying at a nearby moderate resort to be able to spend more time at Disney Springs when we visit w/o children.

We normally always do a split stay between Deluxe and a Mod/Value. We've enjoyed our stays at POR, POFQ, and Pop. We would stay at all three of those again. We will most likely try the All Stars after their rooms are finished being refurbished. For us, our reasoning is that it's so much easier on our budget to do a split stay. We could probably afford a Deluxe the entire stay, but it would be way more than we'd want to pay.

We can afford Deluxe and absolutely love the Poly, but there are some things at values we love more. We prefer the price lol, corridors looking on to the lake at Pop, the foodcourt and the no sharing efficient bus service to the parks.

I'm not a fan of the mods, with the exception of POFQ because of their size.

We have stayed at all levels and would stay at any level again if that's all we could afford.

We are DVC and have a strong preference for the monorail resort area, but we stayed at POP for a week in 2014 with my daughter's dance studio and didn't mind it all that much.

The only mod we've stayed at was CBR in 2008 and I literally hated it. We are trying our second mod, POFQ, in April because we needed something affordable since we were just tacking on a few nights pre-cruise. We ran out of points, so it was either this or nothing. I'm happy to see how I like it.

It is a never again for me. I would wait and save longer rather than a Value and could do maybe a night at POFQ, but that is it

I can afford deluxe but my wife and I stay at All Star Music every year. (11 more days and we are back). I work hard for my money and I see no reason to spend hundreds of dollars more per night for a bed which is all that a room is to me. I have found the All Stars to be clean and fun. After a full day at the parks I usually return, shower and fall face first, snoring on the way down, into my pillow. The room serves its' purspose for a lot less than the deluxe room so I am satisfied. Again, this is my personal feeling and I have no problems with anyone spending their money in what ever fasion they choose. I choose to spend my money at AS Music every year.

Yes. We tried AoA the first year the resort opened and, never again. It was so loud and the beds were so uncomfortable. The food court was also incredibly chaotic. No amount of over-the-top Disney theming could make up for how uncomfortable it was. I was actually looking to move resorts by the second night, however, by then, everything was at rack rate and the cost of moving was exorbitant. This was 6 years ago and I'll never book a value again. We stay deluxe, deluxe villas, or, if the price at WDW is too high, we stay at Swan/Dolphin.

Of course. We have stayed at all 3 levels. Values are a great choice to save some money. We aren’t too uppity up to stay at a value no matter what we can afford. The values are great places to stay.
We usually go moderate. But there is absolutely nothing wrong with the value resorts.

I guess it depends on what "if you cold afford deluxe" means.

We travel to WDW about six times a year. We could afford staying at a deluxe, but we often stay at a value resort because we take the savings and direct it to other stuff= like eating at the Chefs de France, gifts for grandkids or whatever.

We’re DVC members, so for the last 10 years we’ve stayed deluxe. The last trip we took, we added a night and for budgetary reasons, booked and stayed a night at All Star Movies. My husband’s experience with Disney had only ever been the deluxe DVC resorts. I wish I had a camera to capture his reaction upon opening the door. The room served its purpose for our family of 4, but we were not fans of the food court or bus situation. But let’s be real, if a trip to Disney meant staying at a value, I’d absolutely take it!!

We used to always stay Deluxe, but now usually stay at a Mod. The past few years we’ve done POR, but are trying CSR in May. It saves us a ton of money and we spend most of our time in the parks anyway. My kids loved the pools at POR too. We stayed at POP once for 2 nights and that was enough to put us off values. It was extremely loud, beds were uncomfortable and we got no sleep. Customer service was also not up to Disney standards imo. This was 10 years ago, so maybe things have improved.

I can afford deluxe but my wife and I stay at All Star Music every year. (11 more days and we are back). I work hard for my money and I see no reason to spend hundreds of dollars more per night for a bed which is all that a room is to me. I have found the All Stars to be clean and fun. After a full day at the parks I usually return, shower and fall face first, snoring on the way down, into my pillow. The room serves its' purspose for a lot less than the deluxe room so I am satisfied. Again, this is my personal feeling and I have no problems with anyone spending their money in what ever fasion they choose. I choose to spend my money at AS Music every year.
Completely agreed. In the end. It’s a bed and bathroom. We like music and POP. Clean, well kept and never an issue.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter