Would You Rather...Deluxe vs OffSite & Fireworks Cruise?

How are you getting to the port? For me, that may make the decision on where I'd stay the night before.

I would stay on site and skip the cruise. We did this last year. I was soooo disappointed in the fireworks cruise. First off it was during the refurb so we did not get to go to Studios; just drive in circles around the lake until time for the fireworks. While the view was good and it was a relaxed cruise, the globe was broke and did not open at the finale. It was more a laser light show than anything else. By the way there was no discount either, so I was let down. We did the cruise so DDIL could experience Illumination in a grand style as it was her first trip to WDW.

We stayed at BC for the pool (got rained out on that) and the convenience of not have to worry about luggage since we used Disney transportation to port for cruise and BC is pick up point. We had a very nice breakfast at Ale and Compass at YC before sailing. You would also have additional evening entertainment at Boardwalk.

Have you stayed at the BC before? How old are your kids? I would say if it's all new to you and your kids are the right age to REALLY enjoy the pool, then stay onsite. Otherwise, I would stay offsite and do the IlluniNations cruise.

Kids are 9 and 7 so I know they would love the pool and slide.

How are you getting to the port? For me, that may make the decision on where I'd stay the night before.

We are driving to the port (7 hour drive) so either way we need to come down the night before and stay nearby whether at the port or in Orlando.

Since you'll have you a car, I'd probably opt to stay close to the port. This way if the weather or traffic is bad, then you won't have far to go.

Title says it all - would you rather stay deluxe for one night pre-cruise and enjoy the pool or stay offsite and enjoy a fireworks cruise? Specifically, I'm thinking Beach club versus a Disney Springs hotel with an Illuminations cruise.

I'm trying to make a decision about the night before our cruise leaves from Canaveral. We could choose to stay and park at the port or swing by Orlando and have a fun night prior to boarding. Of course, my Disney loving self would prefer to stay Beach club AND do the fireworks cruise but that's not an option for this trip.

I’d stay offsite. A pool day at a resort doesn’t sound that exciting to me knowing I’m about to board a cruise where there will be lots of pool days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter