Would you feel comfortable relying exclusively on Uber/Lyft?

tentaguasu

Mouseketeer
I'm still struggling to decide where to stay. I won't have a car, and the hotel I'm considering doesn't have a shuttle.

Therefore, I'd be 100% entirely reliant on uber or lyft to get me around. Cost wise, I think it works OK. I'm more worried about reliability, especially since I've heard there's a shortage of uber drivers since the pandemic.

Would I be getting myself into a tight spot relying only on ridesharing?

We have had no problem at all on our last couple of trips (April and May). Plenty of Uber X and Uber XL availability; the drivers are all very happy about the return towards normality,

Depends … I could see security getting stricter with the Anniversary and also during the Holidays especially New Years Eve / Week
Keep your dates in consideration. Also construction in some areas creating a detour, I think with Epcot…a new exit ramp overpass from Epcot exits???

When are you going? Late August & Sept should be easy as the crowds take a lull for a while.

And what times do you plan on using them most? Rope drop and park close... might help to do a bit of proactive planning. Try to get ahead of demand or wait till after.

We always use Uber/Lift to get around. We were there most recently at the end of June and had no issues at all.

And what were the prices like? Is it still in the $15 range for transportation from the DS area to the parks (non-surge)?

Thanks everyone!

Uber is using dynamic pricing. Be prepared to either wait or ocassionally paying $$$.
We used Uber to get to the California Grill back in May. It was about $15 to get there. We were staying on property at the Boardwalk and were planning to take the MK bus back to our resort after dinner but we were done an hour after the MK closed and there were no more busses. The surge pricing was terrible. I think it was about $40 for a ride back to Boardwalk from the Contemporary, a ride of about 6 miles. We cooled our heels for another 15 minutes and the price dropped back down to $15.

Waiting for 15 minutes in the Contemporary, hoping ride share prices will go down isn't the end of the world.

JMO, waiting, with luggage, at MCO is different.

Planning to be there in early December (before the biggest year-end rush), but need to confirm my hotel reservations soon!

There is also the public Lynx bus service that has stops within Disney property and some guests use. If you pick a hotel along a Lynx route it could be an option.

I have not used the Lynx service but it could be something worth looking into if you have no car and want to save money.

Nope. I used Lyft only once to get to Hollywood Studios early when you had to be in the park at rope drop to get a RotR boarding pass. It was a terrible experience. The driver was watching a loud music video on an iPad taped to his dashboard while he was driving. He refused my request to turn it off by saying,
”No, I like it!” A very bad first and last impression of Lyft. I never tried Uber, and won’t because of my one and only Lyft ride. Disney’s Busses and boats are better.

And what were the prices like? Is it still in the $15 range for transportation from the DS area to the parks (non-surge)?

Thanks everyone!
I usually do XL (I get car sick in little cars) and they were usually around $20 before tip. So I think $15 is a fair average for regular.

There was often a decent difference between Lyft and Uber prices so I always check both.

The last LYNX bus leaves Disney Transportation Center at midnight. And hits Disney Springs at 12:15 AM/12:19 AM (on weekends). I actually just used it last night.

What about getting from MCO to a Disney Springs hotel? Is using Uber/Lyft a reasonable plan, at a reasonable price? My Disney Springs hotel has service to the parks, or I can walk over to Saratoga Springs and take a bus from there, but I have to GET to the hotel from the airport (and back)!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter