Would you feel comfortable relying exclusively on Uber/Lyft?

I'd be ok with it. We've used Uber both on and off property and have always had good experiences. Daughter and friend (too young to rent a car) used it from MCO and had a positive experience also

From recent experience I would not rely on Uber/Lyft at Disney. We couldn't get a ride from the Beach Club to Saratoga Springs a few weeks ago. It appears there are not as many drivers as there once was. Especially don't count on them if you are leaving at park closing or opening.

Other thing with driving is that the Disney Springs and Disney hotels all charge $15-$40 a day for parking. So that cost can add up and you would have to go further offsite for free parking hotels.

When Disney parking was free, places like All Star Mickey's was a pretty good deal.

I don't think I realized that you had to pay for parking at the onsite hotels.
AM I crazy or did they all used to be free parking?

I don't think I realized that you had to pay for parking at the onsite hotels.
AM I crazy or did they all used to be free parking?
I think as late as 2018 overnight parking was still free at all Disney hotels.
But then they started charging $13 (value parking, not $15), $20 Moderate, $25 a night Deluxe.

You can still park for a few hours if the guard decides to let you into the resort.

Parking at resort and parks,which is a hike in itself ,gas, and someone mentioned only 40 a day after taxes?Doubt it.Uber would be much better,imo.

It really depends on how much you are going to use a ride share, how far those trips are, and how important the timing is to you. That and the price of a rental car and parking at your hotel. In the past, I found renting to be well worth the money compared to trying to use the bus, hotel shuttle, Mears, or ride share.

But, my experience is all pre Covid. Since the rental prices have gone up and rideshare is a bit less reliable and priced.

If I were doing this NOW, I’d be doing my own price estimates.....

Last October we used UberXL for all our transportation and it was great. I think the longest we waited for a ride was maybe 10 minutes when we were leaving DHS at closing, but all other times the wait was around 5 minutes. Most of our UberXL rides were about $15 each way, although some rides were less at $11-$13. The convenience of not having to drive or pay for parking anywhere (at either the hotel or the parks) and not having to hike across parking lots, was well worth it. Door to door service for $30/day and not have to pay for parking anywhere...can't beat it.

Our trip was going great, we were staying on property at pop. I decided for our super early flight I wanted to use uber instead of dealing with disney transportation. I used the app to schedule a ride before we went to bed. I woke up checked the app , all was good I took my shower got the kids up and then I get notified no drivers available.
So I get back on and request one , one is 8 mins away ... then they suddenly cancel. We were trying on two apps uber and Lyft . I got an uber finally to show and we made it to mco but barely. We were the last to board... it was a 6am flight.
Guessing not a lot of drivers at 4am .... they all went home after bars close and not up for work yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!