Would we be disappointed?

We like to stay at the resort closest to where we will be spending our time, which is why we split our stay so much. As others have said, it depends on what you like. Based on what you have described as your situation, the only resort I would suggest against would be a moderate. The moderates are great hotels, but are so spread out. The theming there is fantastic, but if you spend most of your time at the parks, it won't make that much difference to you. Taking into account your child, perhaps a stay at Wilderness Lodge might be in order, or a Contemporary Wing with a split at the All Stars. Just my thoughts.

Well, I think you are wise to ask this question. We had stayed at ASSp for 2 visits. Then we decided to stay at Dixie Landings (Port Orleans Riverside now). Honestly, I felt cheated. I was paying more for what seemed like less to me. I believe everyone when they say the room is bigger, but it did not feel any bigger (where is that extra space anyway?). We were in the next county seemingly from the buses, food, etc. and the food court did not have as many choices as the All-Stars had. The only thing we like better was the boat to Downtown Disney. The buses were not bad or anthing, but they stopped at Port Orleans and made 4 or 5 stops at different areas around Dixie Landings. It seemed like we were forever on that bus riding around our resort. At ASSp, we were the first stop to get off and the last stop to get on so we didn't experience that. (Now, ASMu guests had to endure stopping at ASSp. ASSMo wasn't open then.) I was a long way from the laundry facility and even further from the main pool.

Now, I will give you that the grounds are beautiful at DxL. The plants and trees are nice. But my kids were not the least bit interested in the plant life. The kid's liked the ground better at the All-Stars - it was like staying in a cartoon.

For our next trip we are going to try AKL. Both my kids are animal fanatics and I think (hope) we will enjoy the stay there because of that. But I really don't think I will do a moderate again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!