Would this work?

mb_uh

DIS Veteran
We currently have the POR booked with deluxe dining and tickets for 3800 with the 30%. But I am the type that really wants to get the most of my money but have lots of perks so could I book at gift card stay for 5 days at a deluxe, and then do a room only discount room (25-35% discount) for 2 days (1 day I pay for with deposit) and use the giftcard to pay for the other day plus my meals and tips?

I figured that by doing 5 days at WL and 2 days at POP I would save about 100 dollars on the trip and have $650 left on a gift card for meals for 2 days which means I could either downgrade to a lower meal plan or use it to pay for tips?

What do you think?

This is what we are doing! We are staying at CBR (hoping for CSR though...) for 5 nights for the $500 gc, we are getting tickets and DDP on this reservation. Then the other 3 nights we are staying at CBR on the room only discount.

We plan on using the gc to pay for food the 'other 3 nights'. We realize that our dining plan credits expire at midnight on the day we check out from the gc offer and that is ok! Just something to be aware of....

Also, if we want more than 5 day tickets, we plan on using the gc to upgrade the tickets for an extra day or 2......

I got this idea from the awesome people on this board!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter