Would seriously love to do an AVENGERS ASSEMBLE for solo travelers

dvcterry

DIS Veteran
I read all your stories and you are all amazing. I would love to assemble you all at some point, sometime, unite and meet and although it may seem impossible and just a dream, just putting it out there. We've been there, alone, divorced, single, widowed, all love Disney, the common bond. That's your super hero power, you've done it. Hoping to meet up one day Disers, and raise our Dole Whips.

I'm looking to head down end of October, again, hoping to meet up with a few disers. :mickeybar

Back in the day, probably ~ 6-10 years ago the DIS Adults/Solo board was able to get some decent sized meets together. Typically folks met up during the F&W fest as that's always been focused towards the older set. Between roaming the fest and hitting Downtown Disney (now the Springs) and Jelly Rolls there were some great opportunities for hanging out with fellow single, solo, and adult DISers

I think over the years other social media platforms like Facebook sort of took over for organizing the group meets. But there's no reason other DISers can't get something together especially during the F&W season which is still popular.

I'm looking to head down end of October, again, hoping to meet up with a few disers. :mickeybar

October ... especially around Halloween is probably one the best times to visit WDW. You've got F&W going on as well as all of the great Halloween decorations. If you get a chance make sure to plan some time to check out Fort Wilderness one night if you're around the Bay lake area. Really a unique experience to see so many campsites decorated and possibly the best not so hidden Disney secret around Halloween

@Brocktoon, are the Halloween decorations at the Ft Wilderness campsites up for a couple of weeks or so before Halloween? Or mainly just on Halloween night?

That would be awesome except everyone loves going when it's hot as hades! I'm a strictly Winter girl so I always miss out. Besides that, I like the Christmas party way better than the Halloween party. I haven't quite figured out why anyone wants to walk around with weather in the 80's?

this sounds really great but dont forget us solo Disneyland people, I would love to do a solo Dis meet up in Disneyland California at the end of June 2020.

That would be awesome except everyone loves going when it's hot as hades! I'm a strictly Winter girl so I always miss out.
When are you going, @Alicefan? I also have a trip Dec. 25 - Jan. 4, and would be glad to meet up with you at some point, if you'll be there during any of that time.

@Brocktoon, are the Halloween decorations at the Ft Wilderness campsites up for a couple of weeks or so before Halloween? Or mainly just on Halloween night?

Any campers who are visiting in early October will probably have some decorations out. I've noticed over the years decoration really start to pick up after Columbus day ... and of course as you head into the week before Halloween things start to get insane with some really amazing decorations. If anyone is around over Halloween you have to try and check out the pet parade and the golf card parade!

My relatives and I participated in trick or treating at The Fort last year on Halloween and I'd never seen anything like it! We handed out more candy that I could believe. With all the kids, decorations and looping golf carts, it went down as one of my all time favorite Halloweens.

That would be awesome except everyone loves going when it's hot as hades! I'm a strictly Winter girl so I always miss out. Besides that, I like the Christmas party way better than the Halloween party. I haven't quite figured out why anyone wants to walk around with weather in the 80's?

As a northerner, late October's weather is welcome over the cooling temps in the north. October used to be great for lower crowds and the F&W Fest, but the past few years October has gotten pretty darn crowded ... is there really a slow time anymore? Other fests like the Flower&Garden and Christmas in Epcot have gotten bigger as well. I'd really like the check out the Flower and Garden one of these years as well as the Christmas Fest. I just really like wandering the World Showcase where I can hit the various kiosks trying the specialty drinks and grub! It's not just for F&W anymore.

This is the 1st year in a long time that's I'm planning on skipping WDW this October :( I'm a huge Star Wars geek and want to wait till Galaxy's Edge is fully open with Rise of the Resistance running and all the kinks worked out. Possibly planning to check things out over Flower and Garden?

Any campers who are visiting in early October will probably have some decorations out. I've noticed over the years decoration really start to pick up after Columbus day ... and of course as you head into the week before Halloween things start to get insane with some really amazing decorations. If anyone is around over Halloween you have to try and check out the pet parade and the golf card parade!

I was indeed planning to go to the golf cart parade. Is it again expected to be at 4PM on Oct. 30?

My relatives and I participated in trick or treating at The Fort last year on Halloween and I'd never seen anything like it! We handed out more candy that I could believe. With all the kids, decorations and looping golf carts, it went down as one of my all time favorite Halloweens.

As a northerner, late October's weather is welcome over the cooling temps in the north. October used to be great for lower crowds and the F&W Fest, but the past few years October has gotten pretty darn crowded ... is there really a slow time anymore? Other fests like the Flower&Garden and Christmas in Epcot have gotten bigger as well. I'd really like the check out the Flower and Garden one of these years as well as the Christmas Fest. I just really like wandering the World Showcase where I can hit the various kiosks trying the specialty drinks and grub! It's not just for F&W anymore.

This is the 1st year in a long time that's I'm planning on skipping WDW this October :( I'm a huge Star Wars geek and want to wait till Galaxy's Edge is fully open with Rise of the Resistance running and all the kinks worked out. Possibly planning to check things out over Flower and Garden?
We ARE the Rise of Resistance. :yoda: and one day we'll assemble lol

Back in the day, probably ~ 6-10 years ago the DIS Adults/Solo board was able to get some decent sized meets together. Typically folks met up during the F&W fest as that's always been focused towards the older set. Between roaming the fest and hitting Downtown Disney (now the Springs) and Jelly Rolls there were some great opportunities for hanging out with fellow single, solo, and adult DISers

I think over the years other social media platforms like Facebook sort of took over for organizing the group meets. But there's no reason other DISers can't get something together especially during the F&W season which is still popular.

October ... especially around Halloween is probably one the best times to visit WDW. You've got F&W going on as well as all of the great Halloween decorations. If you get a chance make sure to plan some time to check out Fort Wilderness one night if you're around the Bay lake area. Really a unique experience to see so many campsites decorated and possibly the best not so hidden Disney secret around Halloween
I will be visiting the F&W festival and other places 25-29th September. Staying at POP.
A few of us are meeting for a meal on the 29th in Epcot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter